Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of Singapore's performance at the Olympics so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow surely will watch the KAN CHEONG FINAL.... Whether we get trash 3-0 or not is not paramount.. its that the team have to show their fighting spirit like the they did during the Semis!!

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
    - GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

7:30pm SUNDAY
      MUST SUPPORT OUR FELLOW SINGAPOREANS!
      GO FOR GOLD!

Comment

It's "form over substance".

Comment

I think we have not reached the stage of having as much money as Thanksin (and crazy enough) buying soccer teams... btw where is Thanksin now huh... ha ha ha....

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
          The fact that we did not buy a brazilian squad to get into the world cup is exactly the same reason to show that we are not buying a medal...

Comment

haha...last heard he was shopping with wife in street of london...

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
            I think we have not reached the stage of having as much money as Thanksin (and crazy enough) buying soccer teams... btw where is Thanksin now huh... ha ha ha....

Comment

What talking you?
              Originally posted by shawn77 View Post
              It's "form over substance".

Comment

Yay!!! Let us support our fellow Chinaporeans, opps..Singaporeans!!
                "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Well done! you finally see the light.. I'm so happy for u.

Originally posted by Nooch View Post
                  Yay!!! Let us support our fellow Chinaporeans, opps..Singaporeans!!

Comment

What talking you?
                    its a vice versa of an a/c term.

form= on paper, or literally (S'porean by name i guess?)
                    substance= deepdown inside....what he/she/it really is, or by nature

i hope this helps. dunno how to put it into laymen term la. sorry.
                    Last edited by shawn77; 16-08-08, 11:58 PM.

Comment

That's why I am very proud that Singapore now is very rich, able to pay FT sportsmen and women to win for us a medal!
                      can we get pap to buy over netherlands world cup national team?

even meet italy also no need to scare...

Comment

Originally posted by teo View Post
                        We're just importing foreigners to play for us. With enough money, you can import anyone. Where's the sport in that?

why should i be proud of the win when half the team is not 100% locally brought up but BOUGHT....over with $. might as well buy over the US swim team, Chinese weightlifters, and we would be in the running for the overall championship...haha. But on a serious note, i am not proud at all at the achievements. Why should we singaporeans be proud ?????.... btw, it not us or our environment that they are doing well here but rather, if China can send more than 1 team, they will alos beat us...I am a singaporean based in China for work and mind you, they have a large pool of talents and players who are definitely on par if not better than Li JiaWei and Co.. If CHina send 2 teams, we will get bronze, if they send 3 teams, we will get fourth....this i will bet my last dollar on it.
                        correct lor..I would rather see locals winning..most of the countries got ex-PRC for their table tennis teams..but at least they still mix a local ang moh inside..not 100% foreign import..heard that Feng came to singapore in 2007 and got citizenship in 2008? Like that also can?

we should buy federer and nadal..sure win gold in tennis liao..

Comment

Originally posted by Nooch View Post
                          tat is a different thing altogether, they haf roots here, wat abt those ppl?? They live here a few yrs then gif them citizenship to play for us..u feel proud meh??

These ppl have no roots. of cos to each is own. YMMV, i rest my case.
                          heard feng came to sg in 2007 and got citizenship in 2008..sounds like a mercenary..

Comment

Of course they are responsible lah... $1M for Gold leh...

But one thing is you are right... "they weren't THAT good or rather THE BEST before they came here... ", so we should also credit to the "person-in-charge" who has very good "taste" by picking the right person from overseas...

Also many bros here compared our FT sports ppl with our "our fore-fathers", yes you are right, they are the same... but many of our fore-fathers would rather die back in China (as they believe "Singapore" at that time was a foreign place for them)....

I hope I didn't offend anyone but just pointing out my views...

but still proud Singapore flag will be flying high at the Olympic games... whether the medal is "bought" over or "earned" over... at least we can!
                            if i almost going to win Jit Pa Ban..I also happy until cry..at least i can get the new SD plus GMT2 C plus daytona..LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s63ht3dWIlY

Comment

okie lah, u bros !!! not sg born not sg born lah... look at them as individual loh.... mst gv these players some lah....

it's not easy leaving homeland and come over leh...got guts...hahaha

they might not be the first choice in their home country, but come over to sg and going bck to cn to fight for a medal is really something ... of cos if they are the first choice in cn, they wouldnt leave, cos big country mah, they will earn more from private, co sponsor and endorsement etc... so for those tht join us, gv them some credit, courage to come over to sg to hv a second chance.

lots of athletes hop ard, i think todays TNP already mention afew. was watching the 1500m heat, i think mention tht some bahrain runner origin from kenya & morocco etc...so it's not just sg loh.

we dont hv much sport FT ard, and they are not taking up our 'jobs' .. cos we cant do it/ produce.... hahahhaha

Comment

LOL..I am happy because SG is very rich to pay for all the foreign talents..poorer countries will not get their chance liao..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X