Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of Singapore's performance at the Olympics so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL... I kena TOTO $1M also cry.... joking only huh... LOL

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
    Thanks PP for your kind words..... but very soon hor.. ppl will think I am older.. alot older than Uncle Pet!!!

If my England more powderful, could have written a more powderful post ah.... Just feel sad that their efforts are not appreciate in many eyes.. I hear alot of this and tat at Kopitiams, Foodcourts, Shopping Centers loh so feel emotional when I hear those and witness their courage on CH5 this afternoon... Their tears of joy especially.. Priceless!!!

Comment

Quote from Reuters - Saturday, August 16

Somewhat dulling the achievement for the country of 4.6 million, the players and coach that carried Singapore to victory were all imports from table tennis powerhouse China.

"I feel very honoured. I've been in Singapore for just over two years and can help it get an Olympic medal, at least a silver, for the first time in 48 years," coach Liu Guodong said.

What?!?!?!? Even the coach is also imported huh... ha ha ha...

$$$ makes the world go round.....

Comment

if u look ard office or kopi thiam, every1 glue to tv to watch sg vs kr, cos they all know if win, sg got medal leow... so would say,. most sporean will be proud of their achievement lah... hee

i also happy for them... would say this is the 1st medal 'real' medal ( after sg indepedence ) .... cos the 'first' 1 = 1960 ..

Comment

We're just importing foreigners to play for us. With enough money, you can import anyone. Where's the sport in that?

why should i be proud of the win when half the team is not 100% locally brought up but BOUGHT....over with $. might as well buy over the US swim team, Chinese weightlifters, and we would be in the running for the overall championship...haha. But on a serious note, i am not proud at all at the achievements. Why should we singaporeans be proud ?????.... btw, it not us or our environment that they are doing well here but rather, if China can send more than 1 team, they will alos beat us...I am a singaporean based in China for work and mind you, they have a large pool of talents and players who are definitely on par if not better than Li JiaWei and Co.. If CHina send 2 teams, we will get bronze, if they send 3 teams, we will get fourth....this i will bet my last dollar on it.
          Last edited by teo; 16-08-08, 11:29 AM.
          Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
          Rolex LV submariner
          Rolex TT black submariner
          Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
          Rolex Non date submariner
          Rolex Explorer2
          More...

Comment

Tears of joy ??? hahaha, i think it's more like tearing for the prize money? The bronze medal prize money is about 250k ? With lodging and meals provided everyday when they're parasites here...i'd be also tearing when i have an extra few hundred thous in my pocket.

Comment

It's becoming a melting pot here in SG

Comment

Anybody knows when is the final for sg table tennis?

Comment

I heard that it is this Sun evening. China and HK match was yesterday evening.
                  Rolex Cosmograph Daytona 116520 M
                  Rolex GMT-Master II 116710 M
                  Rolex GMT-Master I 16700 U
                  Rolex Explorer II 16570 Z
                  Rolex Air-King 114200 M
                  Omega SeaMaster
                  Tag Heuer 6000 series, 90's Swatch watches, Seikos and Russian watches

Comment

So exciting!!!

Originally posted by williamsgl View Post
                    I heard that it is this Sun evening. China and HK match was yesterday evening.

Comment

from browsing the strait times tis am, it seems to say at 7pm on Sunday

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                      - GMT II
                      - GMT IIc TT
                      - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                      - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                      - U1
                      - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

The team is assured of $750k. (silver)
                        If got gold $1.5 million. Of course maybe got extra bonus too.
                        Our silver weight lifter didn't got that $$.
                        Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
                        Rolex LV submariner
                        Rolex TT black submariner
                        Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
                        Rolex Non date submariner
                        Rolex Explorer2
                        More...

Comment

That's why I am very proud that Singapore now is very rich, able to pay FT sportsmen and women to win for us a medal!

Originally posted by teo View Post
                          The team is assured of $750k. (silver)
                          If got gold $1.5 million. Of course maybe got extra bonus too.
                          Our silver weight lifter didn't got that $$.

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                            That's why I am very proud that Singapore now is very rich, able to pay FT sportsmen and women to win for us a medal!
                            Originally posted by teo View Post
                            We're just importing foreigners to play for us. With enough money, you can import anyone. Where's the sport in that?

why should i be proud of the win when half the team is not 100% locally brought up but BOUGHT....over with $. might as well buy over the US swim team, Chinese weightlifters, and we would be in the running for the overall championship...haha. But on a serious note, i am not proud at all at the achievements. Why should we singaporeans be proud ?????.... btw, it not us or our environment that they are doing well here but rather, if China can send more than 1 team, they will alos beat us...I am a singaporean based in China for work and mind you, they have a large pool of talents and players who are definitely on par if not better than Li JiaWei and Co.. If CHina send 2 teams, we will get bronze, if they send 3 teams, we will get fourth....this i will bet my last dollar on it.
                            Good argument bro! Some ppl can't see e light it seems. Sad.

Quote from Reuters - Saturday, August 16

Somewhat dulling the achievement for the country of 4.6 million, the players and coach that carried Singapore to victory were all imports from table tennis powerhouse China.

"I feel very honoured. I've been in Singapore for just over two years and can help it get an Olympic medal, at least a silver, for the first time in 48 years," coach Liu Guodong said.

What?!?!?!? Even the coach is also imported huh... ha ha ha...

$$$ makes the world go round.....
                            Y dun we BUY the entire Brazilian National Squad to play for us? Give them instant citizenship lor..can win World Cup ma.

Seems quite an amount of ppl feels proud..Where's e logic i wonder..
                            "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

don't be sad.. we are in the Finals...

Originally posted by Nooch View Post
                              Good argument bro! Some ppl can't see e light it seems. Sad.

Comment

Its more a question of perception than logic. Likewise, wisdom and judgement comes with exposure and experience. Thats the reason why some are cut out to be in higher management while others will never reach there.. the same why some can be good businessman and others never suceed in any business venture and only cut out to be an employee....

The fact that we did not buy a brazilian squad to get into the world cup is exactly the same reason to show that we are not buying a medal...
                                Last edited by jazz_samz; 16-08-08, 11:38 PM.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                                - GMT II
                                - GMT IIc TT
                                - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                                - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                                - U1
                                - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X