Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of Singapore's performance at the Olympics so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ender View Post
    donch realli feel anything...
    i mean some like tao li have really done well and their efforts shld be recognised and rewarded accordingly. but it's not like the achievers are born and bred singaporeans?
    yeah yeah yeah, this issue's being discussed to death before but i will probably feel more pride if it's ah seng, born and bred frm sengkang, who won something...but objectively, given our size, the kind of society + culture we have, what's the chance of a 100% true blue singaporean becoming a world-class sportsman?
    to each his own la. But i'd still consider it as a cheena vs cheena match
    Last edited by shawn77; 15-08-08, 06:57 PM.

Comment

bro Pet... u hit the nail on the head.. come come.. i give u one Gold Medal... keke...wait are u true 100% local? else not medal for u!!!

Originally posted by pet View Post
      in final leow ah.... yes...hahahhahaa congrat to them !!

i think local born or not impt lah, sg flag will be flying leow!!! hahahha... if gold..wow, sg national anthem playing ...hahhaa...

Comment

Originally posted by pingpong View Post
        bro Pet... u hit the nail on the head.. come come.. i give u one Gold Medal... keke...wait are u true 100% local? else not medal for u!!!
        me 100% local lah...few genration bck leow loh...hahaa

me not against FT leh...i welcome them, esp chio bu... hahahhaha

we should not target these individual ( who's trying to make a living or call sg home ) ...

guess, in every countries, same, there's gonna be tons of sh1t citizen dont like.....i think we focus on gov policy & implementation thn these individual

Comment

Originally posted by pingpong View Post
          so? most of our great grand parents also not 100% bred Singaporean, so their contribution to SG 's success is not counted?
          tat is a different thing altogether, they haf roots here, wat abt those ppl?? They live here a few yrs then gif them citizenship to play for us..u feel proud meh??

These ppl have no roots. of cos to each is own. YMMV, i rest my case.
          "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

YES!

Originally posted by Nooch View Post
            u feel proud meh??

Comment

I think the China chinese sportsmen/women who're representing SG are the rejects from Team China (or whatever u call it...)

I'd do the same thing if i were them (i.e come over to SG). Good money leh.....

Comment

Originally posted by shawn77 View Post
                I think the China chinese sportsmen/women who're representing SG are the rejects from Team China (or whatever u call it...)

I'd do the same thing if i were them (i.e come over to SG). Good money leh.....
                The rejects get better money and life here...good choice hehehe

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

two birds one stone ......... how to complain?
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Singapore Flag flying high soon!!!!

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WOMEN PADDLERS!!!! They did Singapore proud!!!

I was watching at a kopi tiam and many were cheering and moaning (especially during LJW and WYG solo matches)

FTW was really really good!
                      Lets hope we can go for GOLD!!!!

Okay okay.. I too wana address the "CHINESE" import debate that has been going on...
                      Firstly, I do understand why some feel that this victory is unimportant as its a NON-SINGAPORE, CHINA IMPORT TEAM
                      Secondly, I am along with those who are proud and appreciative of these "imports".

Let us look at this FT constructively. Personally, I despise most of these FT that Singapore government encourage to employ in the commercial sector! Why? I've worked with the English, Germans, American, Japanese and Aussie ANG MOs before.. Well I feel that what these FT have to offer DO NOT NECESSARY have more to offer than us locals.. While these guys come here on expat status, earn big bucks without tax, fool around, stay in luxury apartments and condo, drive nice company cars etc... they don't give a HOOT if we locals suffer OR how well the company does LOCALLY.. If anything go wrong, they surely have their backing o'seas and they will return hope with still full of medals and honors... These kind of FT, I feel they don't deserve respect! Of course there are responsible one.. but I don't have the fortune with working with any till date... thank GOD that I never have to anymore! These FT are here AT THE EXPENSE of our local talents and I dare say we do have talents MORE qualified than these ppl!

Okay on these sportsman and woman, I view them differently. Why do I have double standards? Its not. These FT sports ppl although earn more than they do back home but bear in mind, they weren't THAT good or rather THE BEST before they came here... they are the talents that I believe would be the founding corner stones of how we would excel in sports. Ppl who our locals can pick up and train with.. These ppl sweat BLOOD and take PRIDE in trying their best to EARN our respect by giving their all and wearing the Singapore flag on their chest during the competitions and train their butt out to be the best and to justify their existence.
                      They definitely have more to answer to than the FT I mentioned above. They too could have just take the salary and DON'T DO THEIR BEST but NO!!! They aren't as IRRESPONSIBLE as those I mentioned above. These sportsman and woman although now Citizen are the same as our fore-fathers and great great grand-parents etc who came from Mainland China to plant their roots here! They came to Singapore not being the best and trained hard with our cash to be the best! They put in their best! Unlike the other type of FT in the commercial sector who do not SWEAT BLOOD OR TAKE PRIDE in their role in Singapore. These ppl aren't here at the expense of our talents.. they are here to groom our talents in time to come. But firstly, how many of our parents or YOU when you become a parent allow your kids to take sports full time!!! Not many Fandis out there you know! I do want to see in future with the help of these sportsman and woman help groom our local talents and go for goal at the Olympics.. but in the meantime, I think these ppl are as good as a Singaporean like you or me BUT they would feels more pride and respect for our country and appreciate Singapore more than us local boys!

I think I've said enough but this is how I view our foreign imports and talents who are in Beijing now trying to earn our respect and do us Singapore citizen proud! They are there to WIN it for Singapore and I am proud to have them in our country!! GO FOR GOLD GALS!!!!

I hope my lengthy post have shed some light on those who do not see this side of the coin... Give them your support and respect!! They deserve it.
                      Last edited by jazz_samz; 16-08-08, 12:11 AM.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                      - GMT II
                      - GMT IIc TT
                      - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                      - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                      - U1
                      - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Sounds pretty fair, esp since u'd te experience working wif FTs.
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

brother, you have my RESPECT with the below mentioned.

if only I am as articulate as u... u da best!

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post

Okay on these sportsman and woman, I view them differently. Why do I have double standards? Its not. These FT sports ppl although earn more than they do back home but bear in mind, they weren't THAT good or rather THE BEST before they came here... they are the talents that I believe would be the founding corner stones of how we would excel in sports. Ppl who our locals can pick up and train with.. These ppl sweat BLOOD and take PRIDE in trying their best to EARN our respect by giving their all and wearing the Singapore flag on their chest during the competitions and train their butt out to be the best and to justify their existence.
                          They definitely have more to answer to than the FT I mentioned above. They too could have just take the salary and DON'T DO THEIR BEST but NO!!! They aren't as IRRESPONSIBLE as those I mentioned above. These sportsman and woman although now Citizen are the same as our fore-fathers and great great grand-parents etc who came from Mainland China to plant their roots here! They came to Singapore not being the best and trained hard with our cash to be the best! They put in their best! Unlike the other type of FT in the commercial sector who do not SWEAT BLOOD OR TAKE PRIDE in their role in Singapore. These ppl aren't here at the expense of our talents.. they are here to groom our talents in time to come. But firstly, how many of our parents or YOU when you become a parent allow your kids to take sports full time!!! Not many Fandis out there you know! I do want to see in future with the help of these sportsman and woman help groom our local talents and go for goal at the Olympics.. but in the meantime, I think these ppl are as good as a Singaporean like you or me BUT they would feels more pride and respect for our country and appreciate Singapore more than us local boys!

I think I've said enough but this is how I view our foreign imports and talents who are in Beijing now trying to earn our respect and do us Singapore citizen proud! They are there to WIN it for Singapore and I am proud to have them in our country!! GO FOR GOLD GALS!!!!

I hope my lengthy post have shed some light on those who do not see this side of the coin... Give them your support and respect!! They deserve it.

Comment

Thanks PP for your kind words..... but very soon hor.. ppl will think I am older.. alot older than Uncle Pet!!!

If my England more powderful, could have written a more powderful post ah.... Just feel sad that their efforts are not appreciate in many eyes.. I hear alot of this and tat at Kopitiams, Foodcourts, Shopping Centers loh so feel emotional when I hear those and witness their courage on CH5 this afternoon... Their tears of joy especially.. Priceless!!!

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                            - GMT II
                            - GMT IIc TT
                            - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                            - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                            - U1
                            - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Of course they are responsible lah... $1M for Gold leh...

But one thing is you are right... "they weren't THAT good or rather THE BEST before they came here... ", so we should also credit to the "person-in-charge" who has very good "taste" by picking the right person from overseas...

Also many bros here compared our FT sports ppl with our "our fore-fathers", yes you are right, they are the same... but many of our fore-fathers would rather die back in China (as they believe "Singapore" at that time was a foreign place for them)....

I hope I didn't offend anyone but just pointing out my views...

but still proud Singapore flag will be flying high at the Olympic games... whether the medal is "bought" over or "earned" over... at least we can!

Last edited by 116520; 16-08-08, 12:31 AM.

Comment

if u have SCV, u can relive the priceless feeling again now.. repeat telecast now... Feng Tian Wei is WOW!!!!!

so feel emotional when I hear those and witness their courage on CH5 this afternoon... Their tears of joy especially.. Priceless!!!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X