• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMT II again.................

It looks like GMT II pepsi is not that highly sought in the
    other part of the world???
    http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=48641

U need to understand 1 thing... BNIB 16710s can still be found in some parts of US, especially the Z series with the older 3185 movement. U can actually get quite a good deal on a BNIB Z series 16710 in US, so i dont see why someone over there will be so hot on the seller's offer. In other parts of the world, things are different. UK, Aus, HK, SG, etc. dont have any more BNIB 16710s from ADs. If u can find one, its certainly selling above list price. US is possibly the only place u can source for the best 16710 deal.
    sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

hi

Originally posted by sys12345 View Post
      U need to understand 1 thing... BNIB 16710s can still be found in some parts of US, especially the Z series with the older 3185 movement. U can actually get quite a good deal on a BNIB Z series 16710 in US, so i dont see why someone over there will be so hot on the seller's offer. In other parts of the world, things are different. UK, Aus, HK, SG, etc. dont have any more BNIB 16710s from ADs. If u can find one, its certainly selling above list price. US is possibly the only place u can source for the best 16710 deal.

Bro, u r correct. USA is the place with the most 16710. price is pretty good. actually dono if i should say this, even M series 17610 with 3186 movement can be found quite easily and not too ex. i got 2 pieces liao but all sold. only in HK SG and a few countries hard to find that y the prices so expensive. but i think sooner or later the ang mo in USA will sell it more and more ex. haha.

Comment

thanks for the info. my brother is flying to CA next week. when you said that in USA it might still be able to find BNIB Z series, are you reffering to AD or grey market? If ADs, I will ask my bro to check and bought one for me.......

Comment

I was referring to ADs. As from another forum, its said Ben Bridge (Rolex AD) still has 2 Z series 16710 in stock. Reed's probably left only 1 piece Z series 16710 (that piece confirmed has the older 3185 movement). Suggest u get yr brother to drop by ANY Rolex AD in US and try his luck. If lady luck is shining, go for a 16710-3186 else a 16710-3185 is fine as well. Just dont delay too long, they are really getting very hard to find now.

Originally posted by paijo View Post
          thanks for the info. my brother is flying to CA next week. when you said that in USA it might still be able to find BNIB Z series, are you reffering to AD or grey market? If ADs, I will ask my bro to check and bought one for me.......
          sys12345

Comment

agree with the above post! my ad said no chance they getting any 16710 .. there goes my chance of a "bargain"
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

There is a BNIB GMT II Pepsi on JW website.

But the price is a big deterent - $10,500. According to JW, it's a consignment watch.
              On my wrist:
              2010 Seiko Spirit
              2009 Tag Heuer Autavia
              2009 Breitling Superocean Steelfish
              2008 GMT II Black/Red
              2008 Exp II White
              2006 Orient Power-reserve
              2005 Citizen Eco-drive

Wishlist:
              GMT-IIc
              Breitling Blackbird
              Omega Aquagraph Chronograph

Comment

Just my 2 cents here...

Sometimes u have to take what u read off the forum with a large dose of salt. Some members will tell u its not worth paying a premium for the 16710 and how they have seen quite of no. of them at their local ADs, even at a discount. If its true, i'll suggest u pay them a small token and ask them to make good on their words, get the watch for u. I've encountered such remarks before during my search. When it comes to the crunch, the reply was 'oh i saw a few at my local AD. When? It was a couple of months ago. They are no longer available.'
                sys12345

Comment

Just curious, any way of getting someone to buy for you in the US, ship to Singapore with insurance and yet avoid incurring GST?? Any brothers got a proven method, pls PM me to share share leh!!! This is because i have a reliable party over there but I am detered by the reliability of the freight and potential GST incurred lah?

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                  - GMT II
                  - GMT IIc TT
                  - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                  - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                  - U1
                  - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

I really doubt so. The minute u purchase insurance, item description and value will have to be made known. How do u submarine it over?? In addition, u want a reliable freight, so it means shortlisting the usual suspects consisting of DHL, Fedex and UPS who will certainly not under declare for u!!! Another alternative is to use third party freight forwarders but really, with a watch of this value, do u want to take this risk? Certainly not worth it IMO.
                    sys12345

Comment

Unbelievable?!

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=48779
                      sys12345

Comment

True.. but another good thing is.. I have a damn good brother going to US next month.. not forgetting loaded.. May ask him to get me a 16710 - 3186movement + 116713.. kekeke Need to do my sums...
                        I really doubt so. The minute u purchase insurance, item description and value will have to be made known. How do u submarine it over?? In addition, u want a reliable freight, so it means shortlisting the usual suspects consisting of DHL, Fedex and UPS who will certainly not under declare for u!!! Another alternative is to use third party freight forwarders but really, with a watch of this value, do u want to take this risk? Certainly not worth it IMO.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                        - GMT II
                        - GMT IIc TT
                        - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                        - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                        - U1
                        - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Lucky u... maybe u should tell yr brother to grab all 16710s he can get his hands on, not just 1. U'll be laughing yr way to the bank thereafter!

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                          True.. but another good thing is.. I have a damn good brother going to US next month.. not forgetting loaded.. May ask him to get me a 16710 - 3186movement + 116713.. kekeke Need to do my sums...
                          sys12345

Comment

Originally posted by Tasmania View Post
                            There is a BNIB GMT II Pepsi on JW website.

But the price is a big deterent - $10,500. According to JW, it's a consignment watch.
                            i got that response from them too......

Lucky u... maybe u should tell yr brother to grab all 16710s he can get his hands on, not just 1. U'll be laughing yr way to the bank thereafter!
                            i think those are getting rare by the day now
                            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                            Blue 6694
                            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

just small update on this subject. my brother came back yesterday. he managed to visit 2 AD. One in Santa Monica Blvd and the other one in Beverly Center, both in LA. None of them have any 16710

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X