Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 REALLY good watch or a few pretty good watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go to agent at wheelock lah. GMT. They do for you free.

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
    i started into watches about less then 3 yrs ago. too free cause no car, no license no gf no money so 1 fine day i bo liao search internet about watches and saw this forum and from that day onwards i kanna hooked. i told myself just buy a watch and then end of story. but how wrong i am. i buy, sell and flip, i think total got i think at least 30 plus watches about these 2 yrs plus only until ppl thought i am a dealer haha. i also thought about getting just a grail and stop but once i get it, i long for another grail. it like never ending. funny thing is i always buy back the same watches that i sold or traded haha. it really a poisonous hobby hehe. anyway i just bought back a BNIB 5711/1a that i used to own but sold it off, haha same old story. anyone know how to resize the bracelets? is it as easy as rolex bracelets? just use a screw driver then can resize? tks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
      Go to agent at wheelock lah. GMT. They do for you free.
      Oh ok. Tks alot

Comment

Hi Bro Kenkelvin,

You ever offer 3pam and a 16700 for mine Dato.(recall?)

Yes,those offer is years back.
        What I mean if those day,I buy those and keep,
        Now?Huat Ah........

Yes,sometime,I do miss my Datograph & Resonance.
        Datograph,your heart will miss a beat when you look at the
        movement,cause it has a 3D effect.

Resonance,extremely stable watch(Resonance is not a accurate watch).
        When look at the 2 balance behind is like twin brother.
        Two heart that beat as ONE.

As for AP,polish and overhaul for chrono is minimum
        $2,000..............

Comment

Originally posted by Heng Tin Hong View Post
          Hi Bro Kenkelvin,

You ever offer 3pam and a 16700 for mine Dato.(recall?)

Yes,those offer is years back.
          What I mean if those day,I buy those and keep,
          Now?Huat Ah........

Yes,sometime,I do miss my Datograph & Resonance.
          Datograph,your heart will miss a beat when you look at the
          movement,cause it has a 3D effect.

Resonance,extremely stable watch(Resonance is not a accurate watch).
          When look at the 2 balance behind is like twin brother.
          Two heart that beat as ONE.

As for AP,polish and overhaul for chrono is minimum
          $2,000..............
          wah, AP so siong like this i don touch AP again. my boss told me last time in lucky plaza got a shop owner wanna sell him red sub for 5k but he never 'on' him, now regret bro nvm lah. if we have known everything in advance then there will not be poor guys like us liao. haha just joking. datograph and FPJ is way beyond my means. i only heard ppl saying datograph is 1 of lange masterpiece FPJ not sure cause i never even seen 1 in flesh yet. i heard this brand do not have seal of geneva to prove it reliability but also heard it is because it does not need it. the quality is even better then alot of major brands. true? er bro Heng, u got the wrong ken or kelvin is it? last time i used to have 3 pams but i really never have a 16700 before. datograph never cross my mind mind before cause i do not dare think about it this yr funny things keep happening to me too. always mistaken by someone else i think ken and kelvin is too common liao also a few days ago, saw bro sportee thread pics of 5711 and 5167 and i started to enquire about price of 5167 because it seems to look real good, saw a few guys wearing it. look really sporty .then bro superbucks889 replied saying my asking of the price of 5167 is not necessary as he thought i am a dealer/reseller and i should know the market price. he called me on my mobile late at night, scared me haha and it turns out i am not the guy he is looking for actually it is lucky for me. he is very nice to talk to and he knows a lot about watches, especially pateks and gave me alot of advice. so now u all know who to ask for certain brand of watch

Comment

Sorry Bro Kenkelvin,I old already,memory no good.

Talk about red sub........

My friend bought the normal sub 1680 in the 70's at $770.(brand new)
            At that time,he put the red sub & normal sub,side by side.
            And find that the red wording look very ugly and end up buy the normal sub.

Past is gone.
            Future is unknown.
            Now is a Present.(礼物)

Comment

Originally posted by Heng Tin Hong View Post
              Sorry Bro Kenkelvin,I old already,memory no good.

Talk about red sub........

My friend bought the normal sub 1680 in the 70's at $770.(brand new)
              At that time,he put the red sub & normal sub,side by side.
              And find that the red wording look very ugly and end up buy the normal sub.

Past is gone.
              Future is unknown.
              Now is a Present.(礼物)
              haha he got faint or not? also nvm lah, lucky i don owe ppl money. but hor if ppl mistaken me as someone else and wanna repay me, by all means k hehe. i like your sentence, present is a gift. happy CNY to u

Comment

Happy new year,Bro Kenkelvin & all Bro.

Huat ah......Huat ah.......Huat ah

Comment

Comment

Error...
                    Last edited by superbucks899; 07-02-11, 02:35 AM. Reason: Error...

Comment

Originally posted by dominique_kwok View Post
                      Hmm, this is a really good question. If one good watch would mean a grail, it probably is not practical. For me, im thinking very carefully of my next watch. The IWC Port looks really nice but i find it a tad too formal looking. The 190 looks lovely too. The ceramic LV or a Daytona is tempting or i was wondering if i should drop all thoughts and get a AP since many bros are selling them at pretty attractive prices. I already have two pams and two rolexes. Should i venture out? hai... so many decisions to make and gosh one of the bros here is selling his ahem tudor so see... go small or aim for sth more substantial... that is the question... :/
                      Based on you current collection. Having seen you in person before, you better get your dear AP-offshore. There are many instances when people make the wrong moves and regret; without ever attaining their "in-heart" desires. In the future if they could do so, its at what cost?
                      You may make compromises now to stay away from the AP thing, have you ever wondered if you have your own assurance that you would never touch it for now and the future. I had friends that digressed from getting their ideal pieces. Guess what they finally gave-in at the expense of swapping their pieces with $$$$ losses included. Bearing in mind each transaction constitutes to a healthy loss of 10 to 15% off the market value of the watch and/or you may make mistakes by trading in 1 of your priced pieces and deeply regret it later.
                      If you thought of the AP already, you have the bug in you; its no use to avoid it.
                      Friendly advice, keep the AP offshore at 1 piece. The Safari should fit your honey-baked complexion and outdoor personality ;-)
                      Speaking of the very limited edition versions; as human beings how much of a "limited-edition" are we... Get something that you truely like, keeping in mind that the "EGO" matter has to be left out of the equation; people had made mistakes going that direction of thought.
                      Unless you are opting for exotic versions featuring case materials and calibers that would cost you an arm and a leg; if you happen to be foolish enough, direct the $$$$ into a "vastly complicated" PATEK.

AP had to agressively develop different dials for the offshore range of watches with authentic theme names to capture the consumer market. In hope that the consumers would purchase multiple pieces to value-add to their fashion wardrobe. The acquired funds from the consumer would go into the development of ultra complicated pieces that would be rarely be found on our wrists. The people that benefit form the whole process is the watch manufacturer.

If you want to be a servant to the brand, and be victim of the organisation, patronise their very limited themed pieces; there is no ending to their commercial stint; a fool is born every other day. If you are a collector, get the basic offshore be it the rubber clad or metal, white dial, black dial, panda etc; you can safely sleep well knowing that you have already edged yourself above the rest.

SB899

Comment

Watch is posion, once started, buy, sell, trade, buy back, sell again then buy back again

While getting to know more kakis, some keep 5-10, some 25, max i heard 100+ & some dont even serve net also siao watch

Some flip less than a week, go shopping but only see watch, go oversea, still serve watch forum....so, what watch are you wearing today?
                        past collection
                        Omega 3510.61,3520.50,3510.53,3510.50,3511.50,3513.50,35 21.30
                        Rolex 1500,1601,1675,1680,5513,6426,6694,14060M,16234, 16523,16013,16570,16600,16613,16713,16800,16520,11 6523,116660,16610,16610lv

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                          Watch is posion, once started, buy, sell, trade, buy back, sell again then buy back again

While getting to know more kakis, some keep 5-10, some 25, max i heard 100+ & some dont even serve net also siao watch

Some flip less than a week, go shopping but only see watch, go oversea, still serve watch forum....so, what watch are you wearing today?
                          I haven't had a watch on my wrist for a long already. I rely on the trusty cell-phone to do so... ;-P What about you, what are you wearing today ?

Comment

Originally posted by superbucks899 View Post
                            I haven't had a watch on my wrist for a long already. I rely on the trusty cell-phone to do so... ;-P What about you, what are you wearing today ?

ho ho ho, today citizen, just now dinner saw one eating beside me with AP, yummy ^^
                            past collection
                            Omega 3510.61,3520.50,3510.53,3510.50,3511.50,3513.50,35 21.30
                            Rolex 1500,1601,1675,1680,5513,6426,6694,14060M,16234, 16523,16013,16570,16600,16613,16713,16800,16520,11 6523,116660,16610,16610lv

Comment

Originally posted by Throttle
                              I own watches based on what i wear them for.

A Daytona for daily work wear.
                              A Submariner for sports and travel
                              A Vintage Daydate for a dash of elegance
                              A vintage datejust for just bumming around.

i'm a miser and safeguard my money well so it's near impossible to poison me.
                              Hahahah
                              We shall see

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Throttle
                                I own watches based on what i wear them for.

A Daytona for daily work wear.
                                A Submariner for sports and travel
                                A Vintage Daydate for a dash of elegance
                                A vintage datejust for just bumming around.

i'm a miser and safeguard my money well so it's near impossible to poison me.
                                Hahahah
                                The fact that you are more active in this forum lately is evidence that the poison is slowly creeping into your bloodstream. Beware and take care...
                                1 3 5
                                ├┼┼╕
                                2 4 6 R

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X