Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 REALLY good watch or a few pretty good watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    So coincidentally, this matter has been on my mind for the past few weeks. Should I sell all my watches (only a handful of inexpensive watches, so to speak) to buy just ONE, so that I get to be with IT every day & night. Or do I remain status quo and continue to lust after more watches. Or even worse, sell all and completely give up this hobby once and for all.

I guess many people face the problem of how many is enough.

Even if u are very rich u only have 2 wrists. Unless no intention to wear.

I have similar thought of coverting my few modest watches into one.
    As this hobby is draining.

Problem is what is THE ONE.
    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

My 2 cents worth is that its going to be hard to stick to 1 super watch. But rather than have many decent watches, I think an ideal number is to have 3-4 good solid ones for different occassions. 1-2 of them might be permanently in your stable while the others are used for trading fun =P
      My Tumblr
      -------------------
      http://beads-of-rice.tumblr.com/

Comment

I've pondered this as well and realised that one super/grail watch is not practical for watch lovers! I think about 4 nice branded watches would be minimum - 2 daily beater, one leather and another SS bracelet. One grail watch with big "wow" factor. And another nice classy dress watch. Trying to downsize as well but like most bro says, it's very tough!

Comment

Hmm, this is a really good question. If one good watch would mean a grail, it probably is not practical. For me, im thinking very carefully of my next watch. The IWC Port looks really nice but i find it a tad too formal looking. The 190 looks lovely too. The ceramic LV or a Daytona is tempting or i was wondering if i should drop all thoughts and get a AP since many bros are selling them at pretty attractive prices. I already have two pams and two rolexes. Should i venture out? hai... so many decisions to make and gosh one of the bros here is selling his ahem tudor so see... go small or aim for sth more substantial... that is the question... :/

Comment

Originally posted by dominique_kwok View Post
            Hmm, this is a really good question. If one good watch would mean a grail, it probably is not practical. For me, im thinking very carefully of my next watch. The IWC Port looks really nice but i find it a tad too formal looking. The 190 looks lovely too. The ceramic LV or a Daytona is tempting or i was wondering if i should drop all thoughts and get a AP since many bros are selling them at pretty attractive prices. I already have two pams and two rolexes. Should i venture out? hai... so many decisions to make and gosh one of the bros here is selling his ahem tudor so see... go small or aim for sth more substantial... that is the question... :/
            safari?

Comment

Originally posted by dominique_kwok View Post
              I'd say go for something more substantial. It makes the journey more satisfying, therefore, sooner is better than later : ) That might also lower the urge to buy other pieces the moment something substantial is on your wrist.
              Sweet 16:
              PP Aquanaut
              VC Overseas
              AP ROO Black Themes
              A.Lange & Sohne 1815
              Breguet Type XXI
              Blancpain 50 Fathoms
              JLC Navy Seals
              GO Senator 60s
              GP Laureato
              Zenith Pilot Extra Special
              Rolex DSSD
              IWC Big Pilot
              Pam 112
              Omega Ploprof
              Breitling Super Avenger
              Glycine F104

Comment

have always told myself that I only need a grail watch, just wear that one for all occasions (gshock for sports) and stay off from other (more affordable) distractors.

but have fell to the lure of distractors along the way to my grail, buy sell buy sell buy buy buy sell sell till i lugi quite abit of $$. yes they are great watches, but i'm (i believe)still a one grail + one gshock person...

Comment

Ever sell all my collection for A.Lange & Soehne Datograph.

After that,hand itchy again & sold the Datograph.

End up with F.P.Journe Resonance.

That only part of my story................

I give up on those high end brand cause when come to servicing,the waiting time and cost will kill you.
                  (Maybe i can't afford those watches)

My Datograph change the crystal and regulate the timming take 7 month &&&&&&& it took $2,664 from my pocket.
                  (Remember is regulate not OVERHAUL)

That Bro,who bought my Resonance,spent $4,200 to overhaul.

If you think those servicing cost is ok,than go ahead.

ME???Start with Rolex,End with Rolex,Die with Rolex.

And no such thing as Grail watch.(My View)

Comment

Agree. Rolex are still very affordable in terms of unkeeping although they are increasing servicing cost every year. I have been eyeing a Lange, FPJ for a long time but servicing cost is a concern. That has to be taken into mind. So, I figure I can only afford at most 1 of such piece.

Originally posted by Heng Tin Hong View Post
                    Ever sell all my collection for A.Lange & Soehne Datograph.

After that,hand itchy again & sold the Datograph.

End up with F.P.Journe Resonance.

That only part of my story................

I give up on those high end brand cause when come to servicing,the waiting time and cost will kill you.
                    (Maybe i can't afford those watches)

My Datograph change the crystal and regulate the timming take 7 month &&&&&&& it took $2,664 from my pocket.
                    (Remember is regulate not OVERHAUL)

That Bro,who bought my Resonance,spent $4,200 to overhaul.

If you think those servicing cost is ok,than go ahead.

ME???Start with Rolex,End with Rolex,Die with Rolex.

And no such thing as Grail watch.(My View)

Comment

Rolex not only affordable,it also easy to service with good resales value.

I started with Rolex and left it,cause think that Rolex is common and flooded in the market.

End up coming back and pay a very heavy price.

Shares some story here,

1.Saw 3 pieces of 1665 matt dial at eddie place at 6k each piece.

2.Saw 1655 big arrow 5k at antiques watch corner.

3.Watch palace offer me 16520 white at $9,500.

4.Sell my complete set 16700 to dealer at 3k.

Cause at that time,i feel that Rolex is too common & think those high end watch is a piece of art.
                      When selling those 'ART',it become rubbish......................

Those high end watch CEO,will tell you that the least imporatant of a watch is to tell the time.

That because,they can't make a watch that is accurate & robust as a Rolex.(MY VIEW)

Comment

Originally posted by Heng Tin Hong View Post
                        Rolex not only affordable,it also easy to service with good resales value.

I started with Rolex and left it,cause think that Rolex is common and flooded in the market.

End up coming back and pay a very heavy price.

Shares some story here,

1.Saw 3 pieces of 1665 matt dial at eddie place at 6k each piece.

2.Saw 1655 big arrow 5k at antiques watch corner.

3.Watch palace offer me 16520 white at $9,500.

4.Sell my complete set 16700 to dealer at 3k.

Cause at that time,i feel that Rolex is too common & think those high end watch is a piece of art.
                        When selling those 'ART',it become rubbish......................

Those high end watch CEO,will tell you that the least imporatant of a watch is to tell the time.

That because,they can't make a watch that is accurate & robust as a Rolex.(MY VIEW)
                        bro, that must be a long time ago the prices i mean now must have costs a bomb

Comment

Originally posted by daywalker88 View Post
                          Ditto.

I group my watches under "Office" + "Weekend" and I am hoping to keep them under 8.

Cheers!

haha bro, at least u say u r hoping, but i think for u very hard lah. u acquire or change watches like clothes

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                            Agree. Rolex are still very affordable in terms of unkeeping although they are increasing servicing cost every year. I have been eyeing a Lange, FPJ for a long time but servicing cost is a concern. That has to be taken into mind. So, I figure I can only afford at most 1 of such piece.
                            bro, i think u do have some very power watches that can match lange and FPJ correct? hehe by the way i heard AP service also very siong. true?

Comment

i started into watches about less then 3 yrs ago. too free cause no car, no license no gf no money so 1 fine day i bo liao search internet about watches and saw this forum and from that day onwards i kanna hooked. i told myself just buy a watch and then end of story. but how wrong i am. i buy, sell and flip, i think total got i think at least 30 plus watches about these 2 yrs plus only until ppl thought i am a dealer haha. i also thought about getting just a grail and stop but once i get it, i long for another grail. it like never ending. funny thing is i always buy back the same watches that i sold or traded haha. it really a poisonous hobby hehe. anyway i just bought back a BNIB 5711/1a that i used to own but sold it off, haha same old story. anyone know how to resize the bracelets? is it as easy as rolex bracelets? just use a screw driver then can resize? tks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                                bro, i think u do have some very power watches that can match lange and FPJ correct? hehe by the way i heard AP service also very siong. true?
                                True. That's why once warranty over, resale value drop a but.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X