Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 REALLY good watch or a few pretty good watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 REALLY good watch or a few pretty good watches?

Folks
    feeling a bit insightful on the eve of cny. Wanna get ur views as like some of us in this lovely forum, I have a handful of timepieces

at times I wonder, the combined value of them can get me the watch I am lusting for. Then again, I will lose out on the ability to mix and match the watch to match the occasion / dressing

btw, gong xi fa cai to all of u who celebrates cny. Huat ah!

Originally posted by 1248614 View Post
    Folks
    feeling a bit insightful on the eve of cny. Wanna get ur views as like some of us in this lovely forum, I have a handful of timepieces

at times I wonder, the combined value of them can get me the watch I am lusting for. Then again, I will lose out on the ability to mix and match the watch to match the occasion / dressing

btw, gong xi fa cai to all of u who celebrates cny. Huat ah!
    think its better u quote with examples, to some bros here, really good watches could mean differently

Comment

True to some extend
      but the whole purpose of me putting it generically is so that this thread can be applied to a wider audience

eg one of our bros here, his current collection is mainly APROO, RM (we know who huh) So if he combine all, he can get a PP or a tourbillon movement.
      Another bro's collection could be mainly 6694s, maybe he thinks combine all can get a daytona

My question is whether such thoughts ever cross their mind? Or some may have even done it, ie liquidate all their watches to get one super duper one.

I think you get my drift

Comment

i have always tht that one good watch is better than many watches.

Hence, for a few occasions, I liqudated some of my watches to fund for a so called grail. But somehow, the grail never stops coming

In the end, I come to the conclusion, there is no such thing as only 1 good watch for me as I will keep wanting others. Sad but true.
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

eg one of our bros here, his current collection is mainly APROO, RM (we know who huh) So if he combine all, he can get a PP or a tourbillon movement.
          Hahahaha, I think I know who that's bro is

BTW, just tried on his RM10 this mng ... Simply Awesome! Thks bro Daywalker

Personally, I prefer going for fewer nicer timepieces and had been trying to streamline my collection for at least 1+ year now but not much progress so far ...
          运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
            i have always tht that one good watch is better than many watches.

Hence, for a few occasions, I liqudated some of my watches to fund for a so called grail. But somehow, the grail never stops coming

In the end, I come to the conclusion, there is no such thing as only 1 good watch for me as I will keep wanting others. Sad but true.
            Not many collectors stop at that 1 good watch. I have liquidate and consolidate and buy back and gone thru this cycle a few times. At the end, its a poisonous hobby and we just progress from a few watches to more watches to fewer grails to more grails to few super grails to more super grails.....only way to end is to liquidate all watches and stay away from watch altogether or pass on...ha

Comment

True to some extend
              but the whole purpose of me putting it generically is so that this thread can be applied to a wider audience

Another bro's collection could be mainly 6694s, maybe he thinks combine all can get a daytona

My question is whether such thoughts ever cross their mind? Or some may have even done it, ie liquidate all their watches to get one super duper one.

I think you get my drift
              The first person will continue to buy and sell super watches....that's his style.

The second person will continue sourcing and buying 6694...he may get a daytona someday but not at the expense of selling off his 6694 whole collection...that's his style too.

Another person who likes to collect 1 watch each brand is liquidating some but he will not turn into a 1 brand collector. Ha

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                The first person will continue to buy and sell super watches....that's his style.

The second person will continue sourcing and buying 6694...he may get a daytona someday but not at the expense of selling off his 6694 whole collection...that's his style too.

Another person who likes to collect 1 watch each brand is liquidating some but he will not turn into a 1 brand collector. Ha
                1) Definitely for First Person!
                2) Terrific collection the 2nd person has
                3) Wonderful as it means we can see more new watches from the 3rd person!!

Huat ah everyone!
                I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

hey mate,

no such thing as 1 watch...ideally 5-10 "good" watches is sufficient IMHO....gives you the flexibility to match what you wear/occasions i'm consolidating now and selling 8 pieces to get 2 "grails" (please check out my sales threads at private dealer section!).

cheers and happy CNY to all bros here...
                  I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                  A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                  Audemars Piguet ROO
                  Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                  De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                  Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                  Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                  Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                  IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                  Panerai 270
                  Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                  Rolex 116610LV
                  Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
                    hey mate,

no such thing as 1 watch...ideally 5-10 "good" watches is sufficient IMHO....gives you the flexibility to match what you wear/occasions ...
                    Ditto.

I group my watches under "Office" + "Weekend" and I am hoping to keep them under 8.

Cheers!

Comment

I have a limit of max 7 watches (not counting casio) at any time but find it difficult to keep to this rule. So this year, I am targeting to keep at max 10. Currently I am at 9.

Originally posted by daywalker88 View Post
                      Ditto.

I group my watches under "Office" + "Weekend" and I am hoping to keep them under 8.

Cheers!

Comment

The 2nd person already has a daytona liao...
                        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

So coincidentally, this matter has been on my mind for the past few weeks. Should I sell all my watches (only a handful of inexpensive watches, so to speak) to buy just ONE, so that I get to be with IT every day & night. Or do I remain status quo and continue to lust after more watches. Or even worse, sell all and completely give up this hobby once and for all.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i have 5 now....target is 7.....1 each day....
                            One is never enough . . .

Comment

The most beautiful woman in the world, or many beautiful women, which one you choose? I am for the latter...so you know how my watch collection is
                              Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X