How safe to buy from forumer....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
    Can always refer to the itrader mah....before buying online..pls do the proper homework on the seller 1st...and for a peace of mind and hassle free deal..DO THE DEAL AT RSC....pay the 107bucks and be done with it lor...
    But new watch bring to ROC? I got concern about a new watch being scratched and destroyed by them..I kenna personally from ROC before..

Comment

wow...seem like a bad experience u have gotten there...like to share more details about what happened then to your rolex?
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        Then you have not read enough, my friend

Search the nick "edsonchan" (he is the victim)
        oh ok, maybe a single fraud haha but here is still 99.99999999% safe, correct mods?

Comment

Hehehehe...Ocean is known to be the Mod King...hehehe....i think he meant it is better to be cautious lor...afterall....hard earned money mah......for me i m the kiasu type...will do the prior 'homework' before doing any deals...hehehehe

Comment

There bout to be black sheep in every forum. juz need to be careful when dealing. if is a big ticket item, no harm paying a bit more for verification. give you a peace of mind......

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
              But new watch bring to ROC? I got concern about a new watch being scratched and destroyed by them..I kenna personally from ROC before..

wow...seem like a bad experience u have gotten there...like to share more details about what happened then to your rolex?
              I got a brand new 16570 white dial from dickson watch back in Jan 2006, 2 weeks later I noticed that the auto winding is abit noisy so i brought it in to RSC.. I told the counter staff that this is a new watch and becareful not to scratch it.. They bought in the watch and confirmed that the automatic winding unit has got some problem and told me to wait while it is being repaired.. The watch came back with 4 deep chipped marks on the front part of the lugs.. I kpkb and they offered to get it polished, they did the polishing 2 times to get the dings off and was left with worn out lugs.. The lugs look like those 2nd hand rolexes at people's park that kenna polished for 10 over times..All the sharp corners of he lugs are gone and became rounded.. I suspected that the uncle technician who did the initial check removed the bracelet from the front thus causing 4 evenly chipped marks on the front.. I've actually pasted some masking tapes to protect the lugs before i brought the watch to rsc and they took it off because they assumed that they are very skillful enough to remove bracelet without leaving any scratches.. Even the protective sticker on the side of the case was also removed by them..

After this incident, I am still very sceptic about RSC skills.. Unless necessary, I will not bring my watch in to be slaughter by them.. Even Seiko does a better job then RSC when their watches only cost $200 dollars..

Comment

Wah.....sound like a horror movie to me!!!polishing on the lug areas for BNIB piece is a big NO NO for me....argh.....sorry to hear of the bad experience there.....

Seiko service centre is good???thought of popping in there to buy some rubber straps...hehehehe...

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
                  I got a brand new 16570 white dial from dickson watch back in Jan 2006, 2 weeks later I noticed that the auto winding is abit noisy so i brought it in to RSC.. I told the counter staff that this is a new watch and becareful not to scratch it.. They bought in the watch and confirmed that the automatic winding unit has got some problem and told me to wait while it is being repaired.. The watch came back with 4 deep chipped marks on the front part of the lugs.. I kpkb and they offered to get it polished, they did the polishing 2 times to get the dings off and was left with worn out lugs.. The lugs look like those 2nd hand rolexes at people's park that kenna polished for 10 over times..All the sharp corners of he lugs are gone and became rounded.. I suspected that the uncle technician who did the initial check removed the bracelet from the front thus causing 4 evenly chipped marks on the front.. I've actually pasted some masking tapes to protect the lugs before i brought the watch to rsc and they took it off because they assumed that they are very skillful enough to remove bracelet without leaving any scratches.. Even the protective sticker on the side of the case was also removed by them..

After this incident, I am still very sceptic about RSC skills.. Unless necessary, I will not bring my watch in to be slaughter by them.. Even Seiko does a better job then RSC when their watches only cost $200 dollars..
                  Wow! Really bad experience for you man... Come to think of it should I bring to RSC for servicing next time...scary man...
                  His
                  - Raymond Weil Ref. 9110ST
                  - TAG HEUER Ref. 669.213
                  - TAG HEUER Ref. CAF1112.BA0803
                  - SEIKO Ref. 7T32-7H10
                  - SEIKO Ref. SARC017
                  - Rolex Submariner Ref. 116613LB S/YG
                  - Rolex DSSD Ref. 116660 SS

Hers
                  - Raymond Weil Ref. 9991
                  - Burberry Ref. 02845 BU1050
                  - TAG HEUER Ref. WN131K.BA
                  - Tudor Ref. 22010
                  - Rolex DJ 31mm Ref. 178343 S/YG (green dial)

Comment

Originally posted by majortom View Post
                    There bout to be black sheep in every forum. juz need to be careful when dealing. if is a big ticket item, no harm paying a bit more for verification. give you a peace of mind......
                    But sometimes verification may do more harm.. I've actually wanted to buy a 2nd hand rolex because my budget permits that but hold back because i feared of ROC slaughtering my watch again while bringing it for verification.. Once you bring it in for verification, if it comes back as genuine plus some free scratches, you still have to buy it from the seller because you dun expect the seller to take back a scratched watch.. New rolex from AD out of my budget..

Comment

Once bitten twice shy eh Bro Leslie...can understand ur feelings...if it happens to me i oso will be really wary of going there again...

Comment

Wah.....sound like a horror movie to me!!!polishing on the lug areas for BNIB piece is a big NO NO for me....argh.....sorry to hear of the bad experience there.....

Seiko service centre is good???thought of popping in there to buy some rubber straps...hehehehe...

Seiko good and cheap also.. They scratched my watch I also not so dulan.. Because only $200 plus.. But I would expect better service level for an expensive watch..

Comment

Originally posted by enthusiast View Post
                          Wow! Really bad experience for you man... Come to think of it should I bring to RSC for servicing next time...scary man...
                          They are really scary, sloppy work for the price we are paying.. I wrote in a complain but as usual they are too complacent to take notice of it.. Really the orchard chainsaw massacre in the making..

I think my friend told me to kpkb nd make a big fuss, asking them to replace the whole case..

Comment

Wah...mai scare me leh...my seiko is more than 200bucks type...argh...i think i better tell them 1000x to be careful....sigh..wad to do...argh

Comment

Wah...mai scare me leh...my seiko is more than 200bucks type...argh...i think i better tell them 1000x to be careful....sigh..wad to do...argh

No mah..Seiko you dun have to worry because they are very careful..

I am very worried about RSC because of the past incidents i kenna from them.. Those ppl dun take pride in their work.. Just sloppy sloppy can past time ok liao..

Comment

Thanks Bro for the info!hehehe...will pop by Thong Sia later...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X