How safe to buy from forumer....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
    Thanks Bro for the info!hehehe...will pop by Thong Sia later...
    Bro.. Must make sure got ppl's rolex kenna slaughtered by RSC must make a big fuss.. If not they will still continuing slaughtering innocent watches..

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
      a) post the name of the seller you wish to make the purchase from and see if anyone else have dealt with them before
      b) list your terms to the seller clearly; if need be in writing; and deal at rsc
      c) buy from AD - safest; but a premium attached
      x2...but for the b) this one not easy, cos seller may not agree on the "terms". I thought is the other way round seller list out the TERMS AND CONDITIONS on e invoice, than the DO delivery order for the buyer to sign...LOL just kidding.

Comment

Will keep that in mind....hehehe..so far the service i have received from RSC is ok..no major hiccups or mishaps....*touch wood*....

Will be more careful when going to RSC in the future....not this year i hope...*OC extremely not happy at the rate i hoarding watches*
        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

normally the aunties there will "check" and sure tell you your watch got scratches here and there... whether new or old, before or after, she doesn't care... I am wondering can we take photos in front of her before handing over the watch to them then compare the watch with photos when returned??? But got new scratches, we also LPPL

Comment

i dun think so..I've got myself a macro lens plus tripod.. Take the pics in front of them before sending in..make sure sue them until their pants drop for being sloppy..

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
              I got a brand new 16570 white dial from dickson watch back in Jan 2006, 2 weeks later I noticed that the auto winding is abit noisy so i brought it in to RSC.. I told the counter staff that this is a new watch and becareful not to scratch it.. They bought in the watch and confirmed that the automatic winding unit has got some problem and told me to wait while it is being repaired.. The watch came back with 4 deep chipped marks on the front part of the lugs.. I kpkb and they offered to get it polished, they did the polishing 2 times to get the dings off and was left with worn out lugs.. The lugs look like those 2nd hand rolexes at people's park that kenna polished for 10 over times..All the sharp corners of he lugs are gone and became rounded.. I suspected that the uncle technician who did the initial check removed the bracelet from the front thus causing 4 evenly chipped marks on the front.. I've actually pasted some masking tapes to protect the lugs before i brought the watch to rsc and they took it off because they assumed that they are very skillful enough to remove bracelet without leaving any scratches.. Even the protective sticker on the side of the case was also removed by them..

After this incident, I am still very sceptic about RSC skills.. Unless necessary, I will not bring my watch in to be slaughter by them.. Even Seiko does a better job then RSC when their watches only cost $200 dollars..
              bro, if i kanna same case as u, i think i faint liao. knn so unprofessional.

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                normally the aunties there will "check" and sure tell you your watch got scratches here and there... whether new or old, before or after, she doesn't care... I am wondering can we take photos in front of her before handing over the watch to them then compare the watch with photos when returned??? But got new scratches, we also LPPL
                bud, i'm not too worried with aunties at rsc cos they use loupe to chk for scratches etc and would record them onto the record card. With all the surveillant cams all around, i'm not worried my watch would be tempered with. But other workshops is whether you have complete trust in them or you wanna take risk of parts been "accidentally" swapped....juz like what the abv bro les had mentioned in his past experience.

Comment

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                  bro, if i kanna same case as u, i think i faint liao. knn so unprofessional.
                  Ya lah bro.. really unprofessional.. just like those inchek in army camps.. passing time to collect pension..

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                    If a few additional micro scratches to the existing hundreds of micro scratches still ok..Wanna tekan them on those deep dings they put on to the watch during servicing..

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                      x2...but for the b) this one not easy, cos seller may not agree on the "terms". I thought is the other way round seller list out the TERMS AND CONDITIONS on e invoice, than the DO delivery order for the buyer to sign...LOL just kidding.
                      can also. later you get the contract like buying car liddat .

But if the terms listed was something simple to clear up the air; and seller refuse to accept; then you have to ask yourself; why is this so? there could be more than meet the eye.
                      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                      Blue 6694
                      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
                        Ya lah bro.. really unprofessional.. just like those inchek in army camps.. passing time to collect pension..
                        true to a certain extent, but hor sometimes i try to think they give a large part of their life to the army so they collecting their dues

Comment

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                          true to a certain extent, but hor sometimes i try to think they give a large part of their life to the army so they collecting their dues
                          now even rsc is operating like come idle army camps..dnd also catered from Singapore food industry.

Comment

Hehehe..not all army units are idle de...my reservist unit is extremely siao on......

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                              Hehehe..not all army units are idle de...my reservist unit is extremely siao on......
                              so siao on also no use.. I cannot even buy my own HDB.. then i still need to protect FT's hdb.. hahaha

Comment

hehehehe..bo bian de....unless u changed IC or passport...or else have to LL lor...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X