Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choice of Watch = Personality

Hi,

Was wondering if any of you here, when you purchase a particular brand/model, was affected by someone; either you like/love/admire; or detest/dislike/hate?

Example: Mr X wants to buy a ROLEX watch but can't decide which model to choose. His boss Mr Y wears a SD, and he hates his boss like hell (let's take it that his boss is a nasty person). Now, he is very unlikely to choose a SD, right (say he loves the sports range all the same; no particular strong feeling towards any)?

Has anyone here experienced this feeling? It can mean the other way round, i.e. instead of the -ve, you buy a watch because you like a particular person. Isn't that what the ads are all about, when watch companies used famous artistes/models to sell their watches?

Let's share.
    The Crown Of Achievement

I buy coz I like...if that person in that case my boss...wears a SD...I will still by a SD but will not wear it to work.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

wrong i will also wear to work afterall its my money, my property, and i can do what i want
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
        wrong i will also wear to work afterall its my money, my property, and i can do what i want
        Aiyo, correct la. Aftrall it is ur money but frm then on, u'd b associated wif someone everybody dislike, or worse hate! I think it's still very individual la. Darkie hs a valid pt tho. If it's me, n my boss (of course mus b very unpopular type) wears an Exp2 (a pc tat I likey ), I'll take up Darkie's suggestion.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Your watch reflects your personality and character

Do you all agree to the title?

i believe that everyone don't just get a watch because of price or brand.

If the price is a bargain but doesn't suit your kind of style, would you get it?

Personally I like watches that are clean and neat, not complicated, just clock and date will do.

Comment

Personally I like watches that are clean and neat, not complicated, just clock and date will do.

Me too but if the watch price more than 4k I go with Rolex .

Comment

I couldn't agree more
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Disagree. Watch style, taste change from time to time, Personalities seldom change.
                Some guys here got more than 20 watches. Different brands, style, complications..

Comment

I used to think that way.

Now my new theory is: people wear what they want to be, not who they are.

Let the debate begins...
                  Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Yes I do agree too.

Back in my corporate days, I used to wear elegant watches but in my current situation... just a seiko would make me happy!
                    Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
                    • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
                    • Montre de MarQue
                    • Etoile D'Or
                    • Hotel Indonesia
                    • Glory Time
                    • The Watch-Collector
                    • Time Palace
                    • The Swiss Connection
                    • M Baker
                    • Maurice Lacroix
                    • Time Marques
                    • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Comment

Originally posted by ten10 View Post
                      Yes I do agree too.

Back in my corporate days, I used to wear elegant watches but in my current situation... just a seiko would make me happy!
                      Are you saying your personality and character have changed? Or more a case of change in priority and likes due to change of environment/conditions?
                      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

kind of agree but not so agree too.... i wore a sponge bob watch to attend my boy birthday in school (my boy wanted me to wear the same watch) Im fine with it...
                        Wei...give chance leh... Iam just a newbie...:red:

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                          Are you saying your personality and character have changed? Or more a case of change in priority and likes due to change of environment/conditions?
                          I believe what he meant is ppl taste or enviroment you are in will change... corrent me if im wrong ten10....
                          Wei...give chance leh... Iam just a newbie...:red:

Comment

not really. I like simple, complicated, thick, thin, bling and not bling watches all the same.

Comment

It's not what I wear underneath (on my wrist), but what I do that defines me
                              在幻变的生命里, 岁月, 原来是最大的小偷...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X