Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keyless entry to your home. Any experiences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyless entry to your home. Any experiences?

Looking to install one of this at my place. Prefer using RFID tags.

Similar setup to this: Product Link (PDF)

From the looks of things, i reckon i should be able to handle this within a weekend; wiring up the doors, electric strike plates, and cutting conduits into bricks to hardwire my card reader.

Looking to secure 3x solid doors, and 1x sliding door.

Anyone in security line who can advise on said system?

Cheers in advance.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

haha. i say give it a miss.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

go for biometric lock lah.
      劳心者治人, 劳力者治于人。 治人者食人, 治与人者食与人。

善恶之报,如影随形。福祸无门,唯人自招!

Comment

worse

Originally posted by 4Dvisor View Post
        go for biometric lock lah.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

i have considered biometric lock before; but heard, not very accurate. if biometric on laptops are anything to go by; it can be a hit and miss affair at times.

problem is; i have too many keys/remote fobs
          security door; main door; bedroom door; remote fob for alarm, remote fob for garage door, and looking to get another remote for carport gate. on top of that; car key + remote. way too much to lug around

even my car; im trying to source for a toyota alarm set, where the key and remote is a "2 in 1" unit.
          Blue 6694
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

when you want to get such technology device. there are some issues you need to consider. RFID = Radio Frequency base. this means it can be 'cloned' easily.

if biometrics, you need to consider false acceptance and false rejection.

false acceptance meaning it may allow unauthorised person to gain access

false rejection meaning it may reject authorized person to gain access.

what do you mean by 2 in 1 unit? meaning the remote is attached to a key?

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/l...h_IMG_0650.jpg

kindly email with
            2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              when you want to get such technology device. there are some issues you need to consider. RFID = Radio Frequency base. this means it can be 'cloned' easily.

if biometrics, you need to consider false acceptance and false rejection.

false acceptance meaning it may allow unauthorised person to gain access

false rejection meaning it may reject authorized person to gain access.

what do you mean by 2 in 1 unit? meaning the remote is attached to a key?

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/l...h_IMG_0650.jpg
              biometrics i understand regarding false acceptance/rejection. which is why on laptops i still view it as a gimmick.
              as for RFID, i didnt know the card could be "cloned", i was under the impression that every card was securely coded to a particular station.

and yes; the remote you are referring to is spot on. better still; if got aftermarket one where the key fold into the remote. it will save my trouser pockets from all the poking.

as for the camry key; i believe my remote module can be interchanged with the following remotes
              one
              two
              three

Otherwise the best way to achieve this aim would be to find out where the alarm control box is; and replace. then reprogram the key to the immobiliser
              Blue 6694
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Bro seiko, if possible stay away from RFID as mentioned by Triton. RFID cards can be easily cloned and yes, I'll be the one you'll be afraid of

Read this bro...
                http://www.techwarelabs.com/rfid-hac...s-it-a-threat/

... or the best is to get Bangla like in the old days where they sleep outside the bank, shop or house... or Gurkha if you want lah!

cheers!
                Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
                • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
                • Montre de MarQue
                • Etoile D'Or
                • Hotel Indonesia
                • Glory Time
                • The Watch-Collector
                • Time Palace
                • The Swiss Connection
                • M Baker
                • Maurice Lacroix
                • Time Marques
                • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Comment

Go for a standalone system. Samsung has such system. Cost s$400 to s$600. Just remove your door lock and replace it with the system. Runs on battery no hassle, no wiring, no ugly fixture. It is fail safe meaning if the system battery flat or spoilt, door remains locked. And it can be opened by a key. I cannot rem the model just goggle standalone card access. Oh yes u can also opt for keypad or biometric with rfid cards/tags.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by ten10 View Post
                    Bro seiko, if possible stay away from RFID as mentioned by Triton. RFID cards can be easily cloned and yes, I'll be the one you'll be afraid of

Read this bro...
                    http://www.techwarelabs.com/rfid-hac...s-it-a-threat/

... or the best is to get Bangla like in the old days where they sleep outside the bank, shop or house... or Gurkha if you want lah!

cheers!
                    based on that article; soon we are going to have to wrap ourselves in tin foil to block out the new breed of identity thefts
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

remember that if you want to secure a place. one of the methods used is defence in depth. what this means is that you set up multiple layers of defence.

your purpose of heading RFID is because you want to rid of your keys. however, why need to carry so many keys?

for me 3 keys is enough. one for lock on grill. one for grill gate. one for door. always use 1 entry/exit. if there are many entry/exit points. secure the rest from internal.

why install grill gates? simple. you are already practising DID. the purpose of the grill gate is to slow down the intruder. also make it slightly harder in terms of removing it because it create sound.

use multiple indoor detectors alarm system. sound trigger, motion detector.

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

Comment

speaking of property security i will be looking to increase security due to a spike in home invasions in perth lately. . so first thing on the list will be gate up my front door; then looking to get the cylinders keyed alike to reduce my keys. having said that; most forced entries; are usually from the rear of the property; where they will not be seen. which i have taken into consideration and have a couple of measures in place.

to be honest; this thread was started with the intention of simplifying my life and hoping for less keys. now im thinking of ways to improve my security.

as for alarm system; currently have motion sensor; door sensor on all entry/exit points. the only thing im lacking is a glass breakage detector and gsm dialler (incase phone lines get severed)

we could carry forever on ways to fortify our places
                        Blue 6694
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

when i was studying in perth, the owner has grill installed on all glass panels. yes, it looks ugly. however, the alternative to not having grill is using 3M security film over glass panels. also installed alarm. motion sensor which takes into account of pets in the house, glass break sensor, main door with sensor and gsm dialler.

alternative to having grill, you can consider roller shutter. good and bad. good. hard to get through. good also block off cold wind. bad, house looks like fort knox. motion sensor that turn on spot light are good deterrent measures as well.

personally, i would just spend money on a good alarm system. installing grill gates are secondary. why? because if the intruder breaks glass, the alarm will trigger already. if you have grill then dont have alarm. having both is an overkill.

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

thanks for your input. currently i have reinforced windows frame with aluminium flyscreen. not 100% foolproof; but you would need to come prepared and make quite alot of noise.

motion sensor lights around the perimeter of the property, and aimed towards all property entrances (so anyone who open my front gate will have 2 flood lights turned on)

alarm system with motion sensor and door reeds only. did not get glass breakage/gsm dialler.

currently the only weakness i can think off is the roof tiles. anyone can climb up dressed as a tradie, and lift the tiles. also my front door could do with a grill too. then my security should be fairly complete.
                            Blue 6694
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

that is why u need motion sensor. in an event when they go through the roof. motion sensor will trigger off. the gsm dialler is also additional security.

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X