X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S'pore to buy water from Indonesia after M'sia agreement ends on 2015

Indonesia to Provide Clean Water to Singapore
    Wednesday, 05 January, 2011 | 15:30 WIB

TEMPO Interactive, Jakarta:Indonesia will provide clean water and energy to Singapore. The city-state is expected to experience a water shortage by 2015. The clean water supply will be sent from Batam, Bintan and Karimun (BBK) due to its close location to Singapore.

“After 2015, Singapore will go through more (water) shortages,” said Lucky Eko Wuriyanto, Deputy Minister in charge of Infrastucture and Area Development at the Coordinating Ministry for the Economy, in Jakarta yesterday. As compensation, Singapore is ready to develop the BBK area which badly needs infrastructure development.

Hatta Rajasa, Coordinating Minister for the Economy, said that infrastructure development is work that must be carried out by both countries. “But the financing part has not been mentioned yet,” said Hatta. Even though infrastructure development is still being discussed, cooperation in other sectors have already been carried out such as in the area of customs, master list and harbor development.

http://www.tempointeractive.com/hg/n...303940,uk.html

Indonesian govt is 100 times worst the the Malaysian govt. Look what had happened to our telcos investment in Indo. Buying water from Indonesia is no cause for comfort because the moment relations sour, they will also play their water weapon and resort to blackmail.It's a matter of race and politics. Look at what had happened to our telcos investment in Indo.

Comment

Buy from France better.. still got perrier straight from the tap.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogmen View Post
        Indonesian govt is 100 times worst the the Malaysian govt. Look what had happened to our telcos investment in Indo. Buying water from Indonesia is no cause for comfort because the moment relations sour, they will also play their water weapon and resort to blackmail.It's a matter of race and politics. Look at what had happened to our telcos investment in Indo.
        Totally agree. But who else can we buy from? Either way we are screwed. Best is to use one of our islands on the outskirt to be our water catchment. Whole island just collect water from sky.

Comment

Just save water. If everyone do their part, we won't need so much to start with.
          Restrict all e women only 5 mins of bath time!!

Comment

Originally posted by wolft View Post
            Just save water. If everyone do their part, we won't need so much to start with.
            correct! remember the 3Rs->Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Comment

Originally posted by wolft View Post
              True but the ladies will say "stop all men from washing their cars". Ha

Comment

Lol...

Comment

we buy water from indo but continue selling water to Malaysia.

Indo increase price, we also increase price to Malaysia to offset. On the off beat, also increase consumer PUB bills to consolidate in case future need more money for pay increments..er..whatever....

eitherway, trading one poison for another...
                  I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                    True but the ladies will say "stop all men from washing their cars". Ha
                    you using hose to wash car isit? i believe using bucket saves much more water. whenever i wash car; usually use about 25-30L and that include scrubbing alloy's
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                      you using hose to wash car isit? i believe using bucket saves much more water. whenever i wash car; usually use about 25-30L and that include scrubbing alloy's
                      I am even more environmentally friendly. I use rain water. Whenever it rains, car gets washed. ha. This month, car gets lots of wash.

Comment

Yeah...free car washes for this 2 days....hahaha..save about $16....hehehehe....
                        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

now summer for me; so gotta wash more often .
                          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                          Blue 6694
                          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I thot Yacob said they not going to renew the old water treaty which going to expire in 2012 or something else.........

How come we are buying water from indonesia? cheaper meh? no need to layer underwater pipe?
                            劳心者治人, 劳力者治于人。 治人者食人, 治与人者食与人。

善恶之报,如影随形。福祸无门,唯人自招!

Comment

Originally posted by 4Dvisor View Post
                              I thot Yacob said they not going to renew the old water treaty which going to expire in 2012 or something else.........

How come we are buying water from indonesia? cheaper meh? no need to layer underwater pipe?
                              He also said 50 years will flood once. You believe?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X