Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which AD offers good discount with installment plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    I think most ADs absorb tis "admin fee", so most customers may nt b aware. Please call up the CC bank (te one u wish to commit instalmt to) n check on their conditions. And b wary.
    i think AD already included the "admin fee" and "merchant fee" in the prices...hence different disc if you pay by cash and CC (and CC's instalment for some)..

actually, admin fee charged by bank = interest...just a different terminology
    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
    Audemars Piguet ROO
    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
    Panerai 270
    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
    Rolex 116610LV
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

hence you have to work out if worth it or not.
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Cash most worth it

CC be prepared la...I mean u pay abit more...stretch longer less pain on your wallet. Dun think so much about the few $ more u are paying...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

When I use CC instalmt, I make sure the price I'm paying for is equivalent to if I pay by cash. Otherwise, I won't use CC.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Let's say getting a watch from a foreign source here (by cash) vs getting it from our local AD (can pay by instalments over 12 mths interest free) but the difference is $1k higher from local AD. Barring any warranty issues, which would you choose?

Comment

Originally posted by xmaz3 View Post
              Let's say getting a watch from a foreign source here (by cash) vs getting it from our local AD (can pay by instalments over 12 mths interest free) but the difference is $1k higher from local AD. Barring any warranty issues, which would you choose?
              Definitely save the 1k la! eh 1k big diff leh...if 100 then if different story

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                Definitely save the 1k la! eh 1k big diff leh...if 100 then if different story
                Agree, I would do the same thing. You can get a lot of stuff for 1K.

Comment

i think i can share something regarding the cc & installment payment.

normally a bank charges a merchant(which is the shop u buying from) MDR

3% for all cc transaction. if u buy something 1k, the merchant will only get

back $970. $30 will go to the bank. 6mths installment plan the bank will

charge 4% 12mth installment 5%. so the merchant will end up absorbing the

charges but for a rolex which is normally a few ks. the MDR(Merchant

discount rate) can be quite substantial. so normally the list price will include

all the misc charges like mdr. if u pay by cash they will deduct the misc

charges n give a better price definately

Comment

Actually it's quite open...a few diff prices:

1. Cash
                    2. Credit Card
                    3. Instalment Plan - 12mths
                    4. Instalment Plan - 24mths

So if paying by cash, make sure you get a better discount than by CC.

Comment

In terms of CC payment, only Diners and Amex charge around 3%, as for Visa and Master, the rate is only around 2%.

Originally posted by Ballwatch View Post
                      Actually it's quite open...a few diff prices:

1. Cash
                      2. Credit Card
                      3. Instalment Plan - 12mths
                      4. Instalment Plan - 24mths

So if paying by cash, make sure you get a better discount than by CC.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                        When I use CC instalmt, I make sure the price I'm paying for is equivalent to if I pay by cash. Otherwise, I won't use CC.
                        Agree
                        运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Not worth lah, it's a better option to buy from bros with good ratings from the watch garage. verification costs only a mere 75. but to each to his own.

that said, there'll only be two items that I will pay by cc instalment: House & Car.
                          Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                          "Foreign affections"
                          1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                          2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                          3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                          4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                          What's NEXT?

Comment

it's better to save the 1K for me.

Like wat Oceanklassik said....

If u want to pay using CC then make sure the price is the same even if u pay by cash.

As for the admin fee's....i think wat some of the ppl are referring to are those where by the banks are not in their list. Eg for Most AD's RBS Cards are not allowed to be used for interest free installments...thus if u have an RBS card then you would need to talk to you bank directly and they will charge and admin fee..which is about 3% i think.

FD Rates are 2% so anything more then 2% i won't be paying the interest.

Cheers

Comment

Wat about half cash half cc installment?? say watch is 6k + u pay 3k plus cash then remaining 3K in 12months installments? is there such an option??
                              Anyone knws any AD that does tt and still give a good discount / rate?

Am really thinking of making my move soon...

Comment

I remember when i start working 10 years back , bought a rolex from THG, they let me pay half CC and the other half cash ! Same price even if i pay full in cash , so i opt for half CC and half cash , 12 mths installment with 0% interest.
                                Actually wanted to pay full amount using CC , but back than my credit limited for my CC only $3K nia , hehe.... Cause just start working ......
                                Focal JM_Labs .
                                "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                                Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                                Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                                Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                                Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                                Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                                Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                                Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                                Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                                Cartier Santos 100XL
                                Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X