URGENTLY NEED HELP: copyright, trademark and patent issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENTLY NEED HELP: copyright, trademark and patent issues

I am looking for someone who can advise sg-roc on issues we are facing on copyright. thank you.

this topic meant to assist sellers in sg-roc.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

some questions:
    1. if a copyright is filed in US copyright department, is it applicable international?
    2. copying a design will mean copyright infringement as far as i understand. however, if there is subtle changes to the design, say changing the angle of inclination, changing the length , would it still mean copyright infringement?
    3. only the owner of the copyright has the right of claim?
    4. can another person claims to be partner of the owner of the copyright has any rights? if the so-called partner of the owner's copyright does not have any official business registration, does the so-called person has any rights?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
    2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Its a complicated matter. Any lawyer around?

Firstly, what is the subject matter?

I believe it should most likely fall under Registered Designs Act.
      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        some questions:
        1. if a copyright is filed in US copyright department, is it applicable international?
        2. copying a design will mean copyright infringement as far as i understand. however, if there is subtle changes to the design, say changing the angle of inclination, changing the length , would it still mean copyright infringement?
        3. only the owner of the copyright has the right of claim?
        4. can another person claims to be partner of the owner of the copyright has any rights? if the so-called partner of the owner's copyright does not have any official business registration, does the so-called person has any rights?
        Can the Singapore Statutes online help? It's under Chapter 63.

If you allow me to share something very basic that I know. As long as the design of the brand's logo is close and any layman along the streets is easily taken in as the original without much scrutiny, it is an infringement. It does not have to be in details of length, colour, patterns, etc.

In fact, a lot of those pasar malam stalls we have here actually infringes the copyright but they are too rampant and wiping them out ain't easy. Also, they are the 'smaller timers'.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Drop me a line if you still need help, too much to type. 97429450.

Comment

thanks. will give you a call later today.

however, i understand from US copyright department is that the copyright filed in US can be 'international' under the Berne Convention. However, only the federal courts has the rights to enforce copyright protection. So if a seller persist to sell a copyrighted item, what will happen? wait for legal letter?

kindly email with
            2. your nick

Comment

thanks to all of you who contacted me to express your concern. really appreciate.

many thanks to feilong108 and Oceanklassik and TheOrion who shared with me their views and opinions.

that is why i tell many members, this is 'home' where many of you are willing to share and help in whatever ways you can.

thank you very much. without you, this forum will not have come this far.

kindly email with
              2. your nick

Comment

Tx but wrong! Without you (continuous 'poisoning'), I will not stay this long
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i promise not to poison people for at least 2 years already. it is in my signature already. did i poison you? you need antidode or not?:-)

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                  Tx but wrong! Without you (continuous 'poisoning'), I will not stay this long

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

Ahhh .. see tat u'd changed ur signature. But watz te point; u hv been doing it relentlessly. Wat antidote can u give me? A ROLEX 6694 from your collection ?
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

hehehehe..i oso kana poisoned by Big Boss...lol...but hor by been broke as usual ....cannot buy any poisons...lol..self cured...
                      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

relentlessly? if i have been doing so, now you would have PP, AP, VC already. i can assemble one made of non-original parts from rolex. this is the price to pay. kena con for non original hands, dial, acrylic, bracelet, movement.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                        Ahhh .. see tat u'd changed ur signature. But watz te point; u hv been doing it relentlessly. Wat antidote can u give me? A ROLEX 6694 from your collection ?

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

I wish I can afford those "Ps" you'd mentioned. I can't, so no matter how much you 'poisoned' me towards that direction, I can only "groan & moan" in extreme pain. Those brands are only for the big boys like wolfeyes1974, daywalker88, LimTH, and many-many more here..
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X