No announcement yet.

Just to view, my friend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh bro! Tx u for the "goot-goot" (Hokkien, as in "smooth") transaction . It's not me to tx, rather, my friend who is the "ex-owner" of the watch. But I'm glad your wife likes it and I guess it's not because it's the watch per se but it's from someone dear to her = you

I actually wanted to contact you recently over few dssds I saw that were on sale but wait I kena branded to be a "poison-doctor".. . Hope get it soon. Cheers!
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Dude, if got lobangs on the DSSD let me know, the poison already running deep in the arteries. I'm on a short business trip to KL on Monday, not sure if I'll get a good deal there, will look out also.

Earlier, a dealer quoted me a V series at "$9000+ abit", but the watch still with previous owner cannot see condition, so maybe it's a blessing in disguise..

Tried a SS GMTII there, looks abit small, but can feel the 2nd poison running into the blood gradually... think coz OC got a new watch, and I got nothing..... the feeling damn

It's really the watch, she even commented on how well the previous owner kept it. sigh.... nbz, didn't even ask how hard I work to pay for it.

Comment

... hope you get your watch soon and share with us if you do
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

As a seller, I had a recent experience with a "stealth" buyer.

I was recently trying to sell my Omega MTM and I received an sms from Mr "Stealth" saying that he is interested, whats bests price blah blah and wants to view the watch. So after abit of haggling, I reduced my asking price and gave him my address and he said he would drop by after work around 10pm. At this point I even offered to meet him at Serangoon Gardens McDonalds because I understand that the little lanes around my area can be confusing, but he said no problem, he knows the way.

Around 930pm I smsed him to confirmed that he is coming, and he replied yes, going to drive over soon will reach at 10pm. So I patiently waited with my hp, in my room which overlooks my front gate, I waited and waited till 1030 before smsing him whether everything is okay is he lost etc...

He replied, I reached your house outside and tried calling you many times but no answer. So I checked my phone but no missed calls, okay strange but nvm maybe some network problems. So I replied Sorry I will come out now and open the gate for you, but he replied I got fed up and drove off, deal is off. I smsed him if he wanted to turn back and i would wait outside but he wasnt interested.

I was feeling quite bad at this time because I thought it was my fault, but then I thought something wasnt quite right. So I smsed him again "were outside my house?" to which he replied 'ya! I was standing directly outside and calling!' so I smsed back "hmm then why didnt you just ring the doorbell?" and he never replied to that...
          My Tumblr
          -------------------
          http://beads-of-rice.tumblr.com/

Comment

i think u need to go pray to god. maybe u in contact with something dirty. haha just joking

Comment

A nice update :

Mr Roti Prata called me up after seeing this post, say I should not tarnish his reputation as he's a frequent buyer/seller in this forum.
              He offered another forumer here (i know this bro) for his watch, quoted FIRM Deal next week, bro called me to ask my experience with Mr Roti Prata. Quess what review I would give???

Best part of all, on the same day, Mr Roti Prata called to ask if I have another piece of the same watch to sell as he prefers the dial color that I had!!
              So do you guys know which watch/dial that Mr Roti Prata wanna buy?

一种米养百种人!!!!!

Originally posted by LimTH View Post
              My turn to share :

I posted 2 watches for sell, Buyer, Mr Roti Prata gave me a Firm Bid Price ($25,000) and confirmed taking both pcs so we arranged to meet up.

During meeting, he say can only get 1 pc ($5,000) today as he's short of cash, however offer still stands. what to do? so i sold him first watch and reserved 2nd watch for 2 weeks.

During the 2 weeks, we were in constant contact, Mr Roti Prata assured that deal is firm and mentioning how much he likes my watch.

However here's the fun part!!!
              When the day arrives, instead of honouring the agreed price ($20,000), he said USD have dropped 1.28 therefore new price is ($16,000) as he could get from Africa for
              ($16,200)....

I asked him to go Africa sell Roti Prata..

Subsequently, the watch was sold for ($21,000) blessings in disguise for me
              A Crown For Every Achievement.

Comment

A nice update :

Mr Roti Prata called me up after seeing this post, say I should not tarnish his reputation as he's a frequent buyer/seller in this forum.
                He offered another forumer here (i know this bro) for his watch, quoted FIRM Deal next week, bro called me to ask my experience with Mr Roti Prata. Quess what review I would give???

Best part of all, on the same day, Mr Roti Prata called to ask if I have another piece of the same watch to sell as he prefers the dial color that I had!!

一种米养百种人!!!!!
                Haha, you mean he didn't feel any remorse and in fact chided you for 'ruining' his reputation? Roti Prata isn't his real name what...but from the sound of things, he really likes to flip alot eh? And if he is reading this, sellers care little about buyer reputation as long as a sale materializes, so no worries! : )
                Sweet 16:
                PP Aquanaut
                VC Overseas
                AP ROO Black Themes
                A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                Breguet Type XXI
                Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                JLC Navy Seals
                GO Senator 60s
                GP Laureato
                Zenith Pilot Extra Special
                Rolex DSSD
                IWC Big Pilot
                Pam 112
                Omega Ploprof
                Breitling Super Avenger
                Glycine F104

Comment

A nice update :

一种米养百种人!!!!!
                  must be cheese flavour prata cos sounds pretty cheesy

sorry, cant help it. my fav is still banana prata.
                  I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Today I had an encounter with an 'amazing' buyer. He SMS me "can deal today at $xxx?" (exact words). I replied immediately "ok, deal.". Nothing heard out after my reply so I SMS him n asked if he is confirmed buying my item? Next he replied asking if it was the best price. Didn't he SMS me initially offering that price?! I agreed immediately as it was my lowest reserved price I had in mind.

In the end, I gave up dealing with him as he was obviously someone who is not sincere in the deal.
                    --------------------
                    My Humble Collection:

AP Black Rubberclad
                    Pam 351M
                    Rolex 216570
                    Rolex 16610
                    Rolex 6694
                    Seiko sbbn007 Tuna
                    Sinn U1 Black

Comment

Originally posted by phantom628 View Post
                      Today I had an encounter with an 'amazing' buyer. He SMS me "can deal today at $xxx?" (exact words). I replied immediately "ok, deal.". Nothing heard out after my reply so I SMS him n asked if he is confirmed buying my item? Next he replied asking if it was the best price. Didn't he SMS me initially offering that price?! I agreed immediately as it was my lowest reserved price I had in mind.

In the end, I gave up dealing with him as he was obviously someone who is not sincere in the deal.
                      Peng san again...he kept insisting can get my item cheaper else where n blah blah blah...I give up sia...ask me to meet him to view I said ok, then after that nothing heard out...
                      --------------------
                      My Humble Collection:

AP Black Rubberclad
                      Pam 351M
                      Rolex 216570
                      Rolex 16610
                      Rolex 6694
                      Seiko sbbn007 Tuna
                      Sinn U1 Black

Comment

I also had my fair share of buyers.....alot of ppl view, and try somemore but never buy. Waste time. sibeh jialat.....
                        Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

I don't mind so much the viewing and trying - buyers need to see if it works "in the flesh" with their wrist, skin tone etc etc. It's the negotiations that irritate me a little. All part of buying and selling of course, but things like making ambit claims is really the stuff of emerging markets, not Singapore. I once had a buyer offer me 19k for a piece which I was willing to sell at a loss for 27k. I got tired of dealing with it so I sold it overseas at auction, as it worked out, for more than the 27k. One moral of that story is that if you lowball or make ambit claims, you risk not only getting nothing, but the chance to make money on a desirable piece. Had the buyer offered something close to my 27k, he could have auctioned it overseas and made a very tidy profit.

Comment

I was lucky. Most transaction were smooth.

For those who want to view first, better to let known viewing first and not confirm buying.
                            So selling can decide if have spare time for viewing.

I try to include detail condition of the watch so buyer know what scratches etc. Before they decide.
                            A polish job will get the slight dinks and scratches away like what dealers does.
                            But I believe it's better not to polish until servicing time.

Now I won't reply unreasonable offers that are too low.
                            If it's that low I rather sell to dealer and save my trouble.
                            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X