Just to view, my friend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazziceman View Post
    wow; surprise this thread bring so much discussion.

let me share a recent experience.

I put up my Seiko Sinn for sale; a common Seiko watch around the market. Specs can be easily found on the net; i indicated the condition etc.

A contacted me via PM; ask me some questions which I readily answer. Then A ask to view the watch to try the size; all this while, no mention of confirm buying etc. To cater time specifically just to let buyer try the size is bit off for me; hence I requested A to try the size at any retail shop instead and if okay with the size then we meet up to see the condition and to deal.

A replied: i thought you say can view the watch?

in my mind; I really don't mind meeting if you're a sincere buyer. If you can show your sincerity and obligation that after viewing if everything okay we deal but NO, it was more of a request to try and see if the size is suitable as A is worried it's too big.

In everyone's view, am I wrong to ask A to try the size outside first?

ps: i check A profile and realized A did own and sold a Pam (44mm); and claimed worried the size is too big with my Seiko.
    I am the A that bro jazziceman referred to.

I owned a 44mm PAM for about 3 months and sold it for a loss of 1k. I also sold away a Omega Flightmaster recently and made a huge loss because it was too thick and hence wore too big. Many bro here know that it is not just the size of the case, or the thickness of the watch, but sometimes also the design and the size of the lug, that make a watch wear big.

In bro Jazziceman's sale post, it was mentioned "sincere buyer pls pm me to discuss and view the watch in person". Though it did not say "no obligation veiwings are welcome", I interpreted it as "you are welcome to view the watch in person". Let's say it was my mistake.

After getting some indication on price and the location, I tried to be forefront and told bro Jazziceman that I could not commit but would like to meet up to view and try on the watch because I was afraid it was too big for me. I was prepared to meet bro Jazziceman at his place after knowing his location. Yes I did not show any obligation to buy (for the reason I gave) but I cannot agree with the comment of not showing sincerity. And then bro Jazziceman said what he said above. The last sentence of our PM converstion is a question from me: "I thot your post says can view", in an attempt to seek clarification. I received no response, so I just moved on.

I have been looking out for this watch at the retail shops and would have tried the watch if I had come acorss one. I understand some sellers do not even want to meet up until a deal is agreed, but all I did in this case is asking for the possibility. I have done this with another seller bro wees (telling him upfront that I would like to try the size of the watch first) and he gladly obliged and took a train from Raffles Place to Orchard to meet up with me during lunch. I did not buy the watch but we had a good chat. In all other cases where I did not mention any condition to the sellers, I bought the watch after the meet-up.

No issue for me, really, but just want to tell my side of the story, especially on why an ex-PAM owner would worry about watch being too big.
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Some Good Some Bad

As there are bad buyer/seller, there are still good buyer and seller around too.

Here are some of them I came across
      golanheights (good seller)
      We agreed the price on a Pam 183 and arrange for meet up to deal - as we stay near each other so location and time is OK for us.

After checking the watch, I decided not to take it as the condition is not within my comfort level. He did not even show a sign of unhappiness.

Daywalker88 (good buyer)
      Fast and firm, after 2 or 3 SMSes. Arrange for meet up. Pick up the watch and pay within 1 min. After that chit chat on watches. Did not even take a 2nd look. Next day (or so) he tell me - "You watch really mint."

Forget his Nick he bought my used Sub LV (good buyer)
      Fast and firm, agreed on price by 2nd sms. meet up at RSC within 30 mins.
      He asked me while he is checking the watch (in RSC), is this a used watch ?

Bad buyer/seller
      No name
      Strap buyer : "I have not spend so much on a strap, let me consider". This is the reason he gave after met up. The price is clearly stated and communicated (sms) before meet up.
      My view, if don't like just say do not give "reason".

Watch buyer After checking on the condition and agree on price at Richemont. Send in for verfication, the gal retur the watch and said - "the watch need a service". Buyer face change "smelly" paid for fees (luckily we agree on this) and ask me to pay for service($1k).
      My view, I have told you is a 3 yrs old watch even before we met up. In the end spilt it, since I took 1/2 day off to meet him there.

Comment

Too many good buyer and sellers so can't list.

Let me share one of my worst encounter. The person is not from herE so ok.

I was selling a new Bell & Ross white ceramic for ladies. Bought from AD for wife but she put on for 5 sec and say too heavy. So, decided to sell this for $300 less than an already good price I got from AD.

Someone SMS me keen. I ask if he is aware about the watch weight and size. He said yes and his wife saw at AD and like. Good. Then he asked me to drive from my place in west to meet him at the petrol station near his house at Thomson at 10 pm. I say very late but he said he is flying off the next day and need to confirm this for his wife birthday.
        It was raining and I drove 20km to the petrol station late at night. He came, put petrol, buy bread. Then look at my watch for 20 sec. Said... 'I didn't know it is so big'. Thanks for coming.

In my heart, curse like mad.

Comment

To KuchingKu bro: I thought I was the only one who ever got caught in such a situation ... I never imagine other people also experienced something like this too. I went from Jurong West to Sengkang, chatted with this potential "buyer" about watches about 1 and 1/2 hours and later he tell me, he does not really like my watch and no deal. The watch is new and only cost $140 and I have posted many pictures on the sale thread before. What to do? LL, go back to Bishan/Thomson where I stayed.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
            Too many good buyer and sellers so can't list.

Let me share one of my worst encounter. The person is not from herE so ok.

I was selling a new Bell & Ross white ceramic for ladies. Bought from AD for wife but she put on for 5 sec and say too heavy. So, decided to sell this for $300 less than an already good price I got from AD.

Someone SMS me keen. I ask if he is aware about the watch weight and size. He said yes and his wife saw at AD and like. Good. Then he asked me to drive from my place in west to meet him at the petrol station near his house at Thomson at 10 pm. I say very late but he said he is flying off the next day and need to confirm this for his wife birthday.
            It was raining and I drove 20km to the petrol station late at night. He came, put petrol, buy bread. Then look at my watch for 20 sec. Said... 'I didn't know it is so big'. Thanks for coming.

In my heart, curse like mad.
            Originally posted by wind128 View Post
            To KuchingKu bro: I thought I was the only one who ever got caught in such a situation ... I never imagine other people also experienced something like this too. I went from Jurong West to Sengkang, chatted with this potential "buyer" about watches about 1 and 1/2 hours and later he tell me, he does not really like my watch and no deal. The watch is new and only cost $140 and I have posted many pictures on the sale thread before. What to do? LL, go back to Bishan/Thomson where I stayed.
            What the fcuk! Like that also can? What a lousy buyers eh!

Comment

Originally posted by shuseido View Post
              What the fcuk! Like that also can? What a lousy buyers eh!
              There are MANY around

If all buyers & sellers can be abit more considerate, dealing would be a nice experience

Dino

Comment

Originally posted by PamDino View Post
                There are MANY around

If all buyers & sellers can be abit more considerate, dealing would be a nice experience

Dino
                Absolutely! That is what this thread is about - awareness and proper communication. Not easy, probably. Not possible, no, it can be achieved. The main point is to make known your intention to each other so that we will not be misunderstood. If you, as a buyer, only wants to view for pleasure, just voice it out. And don't take it to heart that if the seller refused, he/she is no good. Similarly if you are the seller, make known your intentions and state your conditions clearly so that any would-be buyer is well aware/informed. The bad thing with today's technology is we seldom talk. We type(computer)/punch(handphone)/"touch" ( as in iPhone-ers) to communicate so miscomms occur.

Take heed guys! Let's make this place an enjoyable one for everyone. We only live once
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

ERM....can always call each other before dealing mah...hehehe...easier to talk than type,punch or touch...hehehehehe....
                  Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                    Absolutely! That is what this thread is about - awareness and proper communication. Not easy, probably. Not possible, no, it can be achieved. The main point is to make known your intention to each other so that we will not be misunderstood. If you, as a buyer, only wants to view for pleasure, just voice it out. And don't take it to heart that if the seller refused, he/she is no good. Similarly if you are the seller, make known your intentions and state your conditions clearly so that any would-be buyer is well aware/informed. The bad thing with today's technology is we seldom talk. We type(computer)/punch(handphone)/"touch" ( as in iPhone-ers) to communicate so miscomms occur.

Take heed guys! Let's make this place an enjoyable one for everyone. We only live once
                    Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                    ERM....can always call each other before dealing mah...hehehe...easier to talk than type,punch or touch...hehehehehe....
                    Agree that it is better to talk. In fact some of my experiences say that talking lead to faster decision (not necessary a deal but sometimes from the tone the seller could judge how keen a buyer is).

The thing is sellers don't always provide phone number until there is agreement to deal/meetup. I used to prefer email and PM only in my sales posts due to work reason, but now I also put my phone number.
                    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

I oso prefer to talk than to punch,hammer or touch...lol....for me hor..i dun mind meeting up to show the buyer the watches that i am selling as i prefer my watches to go to a good home than to commercial re-seller lar...that is for me personally...lol......

Comment

But funny thing I realise many dun answer phone call during enquiry but will reply sms hahaha
                        You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

i got two watches for sales leh...come and call me lar...100% i pick up de...lol...got free kopi for buyers too....feel free to bring ur OC,kids or even dogs along for the viewing...lol....

Oops...paiseh....shilling too much liao...

Comment

I don't like punch but like touch leh

Dino

Comment

hehehehe..touch si bo...like dat hor..i have to change to touch screen hp liao leh....

Comment

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X