Just to view, my friend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
    I always bring my wife along to purchase watches...so the common EXCUSES of wife not happy or must ask wife 1st do not apply to me when meeting sellers to buy watches from them...hahahahaha
    I always buy liao then let wife know so also does not apply to me.

Comment

power lar bro Kuchingku....me still no guts to try that although i m badly tempted to do so with a swee swee 1680...lol....
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
        power lar bro Kuchingku....me still no guts to try that although i m badly tempted to do so with a swee swee 1680...lol....
        Convince her the beauty of the watch and she may nod.

For me, she ok cos she believe buy watch better than modding car. If I kaput someday, she or children can share the watches. Now, my wife also got an Exp 2 and is eyeing a Rolex DJ in the papers advert with diamond bezel! Faint.

Comment

She beoing the datejust in 31mm with the diamond at 6 o'clock.....zzzz...that is way out of my league...hehehehe.....imagine if get 1 1680 and that datejust i be in the poorhouse real soon....

Me shallow pockets....not the deep pockets with no limits...lol....
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

It is hard to draw the line but I think yes, viewing with intent to buy is the right attitude. Although it is not obligatory to buy, but generally the sale should take place with the agreed price, unless upon viewing, you found flaws that is otherwise not show or described in the thread.

Regarding the price part - again it is case to case basis and it is not easy to find a right formula. Sometimes, it goes like this:
            1. seller list a price
            2. as usual, some "buyer" will ask what is the best price
            3. then suppose "seller" give a lower price, then buyer decides to view
            4. after viewing, buyer ask for even "better best price"
            5. suppose seller gives a even "better best price"
            6. buyer say since it is a non-obligatory viewing, he will go home and think about it.

So can seller put negative remark in iTrader? I think not.

Comment

Buyer should not offer a price that he has no intention of honouring. For example, if buyer offers $5000. If seller agree, then it should be a deal. Not when seller agree then the buyer say I need to reconsider or seek permission etc.

As a buyer, once I quote a price, I will honour this (and I normally do that prior to viewing). Once viewed and no major issue, deal on the spot. I enjoy such deals (both as buyer or seller) cos got more time to take watch or drink kopi.

The other time got a seller put up a thread about a buyer buying s SINN and viewed 2 times plus need to call friends to view type...are way off. 1 viewing max and you should take your time to check then deal or no deal.

Comment

wow; surprise this thread bring so much discussion.

let me share a recent experience.

I put up my Seiko Sinn for sale; a common Seiko watch around the market. Specs can be easily found on the net; i indicated the condition etc.

A contacted me via PM; ask me some questions which I readily answer. Then A ask to view the watch to try the size; all this while, no mention of confirm buying etc. To cater time specifically just to let buyer try the size is bit off for me; hence I requested A to try the size at any retail shop instead and if okay with the size then we meet up to see the condition and to deal.

A replied: i thought you say can view the watch?

in my mind; I really don't mind meeting if you're a sincere buyer. If you can show your sincerity and obligation that after viewing if everything okay we deal but NO, it was more of a request to try and see if the size is suitable as A is worried it's too big.

In everyone's view, am I wrong to ask A to try the size outside first?

ps: i check A profile and realized A did own and sold a Pam (44mm); and claimed worried the size is too big with my Seiko.

Comment

I ever had an enquiry to have me sent the watch to his place...gosh I was like thinking I wont mind if you are a handicap on a wheelchair..and i will do my utmost to let you enjoy horology despite..There are alot of monkey 'buyers' around and often sellers are at 'mercy' until money is collected.

Good grief.

When I sell something online, I am merely asking..Have the money and walk the talk, dont haggle the impossible, this is not the wet market. Be reasonable and respectful is the least a 'buyer' can do.
                  Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

Originally posted by wind128 View Post
                    It is hard to draw the line but I think yes, viewing with intent to buy is the right attitude. Although it is not obligatory to buy, but generally the sale should take place with the agreed price, unless upon viewing, you found flaws that is otherwise not show or described in the thread.

Regarding the price part - again it is case to case basis and it is not easy to find a right formula. Sometimes, it goes like this:
                    1. seller list a price
                    2. as usual, some "buyer" will ask what is the best price
                    3. then suppose "seller" give a lower price, then buyer decides to view
                    4. after viewing, buyer ask for even "better best price"
                    5. suppose seller gives a even "better best price"
                    6. buyer say since it is a non-obligatory viewing, he will go home and think about it.

So can seller put negative remark in iTrader? I think not.
                    I don't see why not. Reiterating KuchingKu's points, once the price has come to an agreement, there should not be more bargaining when both parties meet. Unless of course, discrepancies on the descriptions of the item/related accessories surfaced. For example, if I sell a watch not knowing that there is one link short on the bracelet, and I stated it to have full links, then I can accept a little bargaining. Or if the watch is an older series but I posted it as a newer one, then it is my fault and I also can accept a little bargaining. But not otherwise.

I have come across instances where both the seller and buyer met at the watch's service centre to verify authenticity. The watch was certified real and original but servicing was recommended by the technician which cost a few hundred dollars as the watch was a few years old. Learning that, the buyer tried to bargain a bit more as he claimed that he now needed to pay more for servicing.

Do you think it is fair to the seller?
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                      I don't see why not. Reiterating KuchingKu's points, once the price has come to an agreement, there should not be more bargaining when both parties meet. Unless of course, discrepancies on the descriptions of the item/related accessories surfaced. For example, if I sell a watch not knowing that there is one link short on the bracelet, and I stated it to have full links, then I can accept a little bargaining. Or if the watch is an older series but I posted it as a newer one, then it is my fault and I also can accept a little bargaining. But not otherwise.

I have come across instances where both the seller and buyer met at the watch's service centre to verify authenticity. The watch was certified real and original but servicing was recommended by the technician which cost a few hundred dollars as the watch was a few years old. Learning that, the buyer tried to bargain a bit more as he claimed that he now needed to pay more for servicing.

to be fair; in such instances i believe it's fair to knock a bit off the agreed price but not extreme.

Comment

To most, PRICE plays a BIG part in the deal. Thus, it's best to be upfront on the conditions in your sale thread.

Even when I'm buying from someone, I'll always agree the price first & let the seller knows that if the conditions & completeness of the watch are as per described, then I'll close the deal.

If upon viewing, it's not as per described, then you can point it out to the seller to show him & that, you are not trying to find fault or excuse. At this point, if the buyer needs to re-consider or ask for further discount, then I think it's fair & reasonable.

Dino

Comment

to me usually the problems 1 are the buyers. but some sellers also give wrong discription. to inspect the watch is ok, but to find fault or just view for fun like what bro pamdino said is like knn. recently got a guy sms me even more power. he sms me said he interested in my watch, call me send pics to his email. i sms him said there are pics in my actual watch thread and he can take a look, and address him as bro. guess what? he returned my sms say he not happy with the tone of my voice and he cant view my pics. but how in the 1st place can i know he cant view my pics? if i have known he cant view my pics, i would have email him the pics or refer him to the official website. somemore he can say i not his bro and forget about me selling his watch to him. i mean bro is a common used word. i forgot, maybe he is a pus*y haha. Or he think i begger, sure must sell to him isit? this type of ppl is either in my views, trying to be funny or never kanna taught a lesson before.

Comment

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                            to me usually the problems 1 are the buyers. but some sellers also give wrong discription. to inspect the watch is ok, but to find fault or just view for fun like what bro pamdino said is like knn. recently got a guy sms me even more power. he sms me said he interested in my watch, call me send pics to his email. i sms him said there are pics in my actual watch thread and he can take a look, and address him as bro. guess what? he returned my sms say he not happy with the tone of my voice and he cant view my pics. but how in the 1st place can i know he cant view my pics? if i have known he cant view my pics, i would have email him the pics or refer him to the official website. somemore he can say i not his bro and forget about me selling his watch to him. i mean bro is a common used word. i forgot, maybe he is a pus*y haha. Or he think i begger, sure must sell to him isit? this type of ppl is either in my views, trying to be funny or never kanna taught a lesson before.
                            wow, the guy who responded to you is really 'power' man... I always address ppl as 'Bro' in sms and email and day to day lingo. I use 'Mate' as well to ppl I am communicating for the very first time just to be friendly.... that chap has taken it to another level.

dun get mad, just laugh. Life is too short

I find that a lot of time, SMS got no tone, just like email. In case of misunderstanding, easier to talk directly. I have sold 2 rolexes on this forum, both are pleasant experience

(1) Buyer show up in my office as agreed, on time, brought cash, look at the watch, took it, we even had lunch together. He even blanjah me... I was thinking... damn... I must have priced it too low...hahahah

(2) Buyer meet me at RSC, verified the watch. Watch is genuine, but RSC recommend some oiling and servicing due to age. But he was cool, no worries, he will take the watch as it is. he paid for verification fee, paid me cash for the watch. Actually, when buyer and seller go to RSC (or Richemont, etc) to verify, it is only to verify authenticity, not verify internal condition.

Buyer who backed out of a sale due to the need to service certain internal parts after verification is really...

Comment

I once sold a nice sub to a nice buyer. After rsc check no problem, deal. Then discovered his hand bigger and needed one more link. I bought and paid for the link for him. Both side happy and another friend made.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

Comment

It great to hear such positives stories. While we all had our fair share of ****, and since **** is part & parcel of life, let's just flush it down the toliet. And Treasure the new friendship made from our positives encounters.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X