No announcement yet.

AP PANDA selling sgd$13800 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im not a business student, so im not familiar with business law. can someone advise
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      im not a business student, so im not familiar with business law. can someone advise
      The reason is simply; advertised prices in catalogs, newspaper, internet etc are considered as "solicitations of offers", not offers.
      This mean, the advertised pricing has not enter into a legal binding contract as yet and merchants have the right not to honor that.

Comment

so does this means that i can advertise my 6694 for sale @ $1? then later say price wrongly?

Originally posted by jazziceman View Post
        The reason is simply; advertised prices in catalogs, newspaper, internet etc are considered as "solicitations of offers", not offers.
        This mean, the advertised pricing has not enter into a legal binding contract as yet and merchants have the right not to honor that.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

so does this means that i can advertise my 6694 for sale @ $1? then later say price wrongly?
          agree... else every company advertise $1 price for their car, property, electronics to get attention and then say price wrong so how? this is very unfair to consumers right? you wasted the time and journey down to the shop then they tell you wrong price stated!
          you are rich if you lives life fullest and die empty

Comment

Originally posted by tintinstuff View Post
            agree... else every company advertise $1 price for their car, property, electronics to get attention and then say price wrong so how? this is very unfair to consumers right? you wasted the time and journey down to the shop then they tell you wrong price stated!
            You can do that but if you are running a business, this will hurt your credibility. So, why do it unless you really price wrongly once a while.

If triton price his 6694 for $1, I will appear and make him buy coffee and molest his watch.

Comment

usually such incident happens with honest mistake from the seller company/ party.

Comment

Originally posted by tintinstuff View Post
                No sensible company will use such marketing gimmick; this will then fall under unfair trading and cause a uproar.

You need to get the facts right; price wrongly and price to get attention is 2 different thing.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                  You can do that but if you are running a business, this will hurt your credibility. So, why do it unless you really price wrongly once a while.

If triton price his 6694 for $1, I will appear and make him buy coffee and molest his watch.
                  Yes I agree with you bro.

Comment

this is interesting because today straits time forum, someone commented that brave through the rain to get a dell laptop, however it was to be $999 or something however, they put from $399. would this consider as misleading?

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

Comment

Not the 1st time Dell make such a blunder....
                      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

this is interesting because today straits time forum, someone commented that brave through the rain to get a dell laptop, however it was to be $999 or something however, they put from $399. would this consider as misleading?
                        Never believe the 'From..." ads. You almost never get it at that price. Commonly used by Car dealerships. XXX brand and model from $129,999 etc. But they always cover backside with "*terms and conditions applies", which usually means taking 10 year loan at high interest, trade in a car at low price etc.

Consumer just need to be more decerning and follow the maxim "If it sounds too good, it probably is"

Comment

X1..Agreed!!!if it is too good to be true then 90% of the time it is not gonna to happen...
                          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post

yes of course real genuine mistake are forgiveable just like above watchlink ad. but not all companies think likewise on their credibility like you or me or most of us here do, some cars rental, car sales, electronics products,phones, services have advertised very cheaply just to attract your attention to make you travel down the shop and then tell you is was sold or wrong pricing..
                            To this companies, sales are more important than their reputation. this is very bad for all of us as consumers.

Comment

Originally posted by jazziceman View Post
                              No sensible company will use such marketing gimmick; this will then fall under unfair trading and cause a uproar.

You need to get the facts right; price wrongly and price to get attention is 2 different thing.
                              haha bro that sounds more agreeable, price wrongly unintentional not legal binded and price purposely wrong to get attention is unfair trading. think what you say is understandable now. C A S E answer to such sales tactics refer to the latter trying to fool consumers, probably not to those making genuine mistake

Comment

Whatever the outcome of this, it sure generates lots of conversations which resulted in word of mouthing advertising

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X