Need Your Opinion - Keep Or Sell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Your Opinion - Keep Or Sell

Purely looking at $, which do you think is a better option.

a. GMT Master II (8 years) - worn <10times, 95-100% condition.
    b. Daytona (<2 years) - BNIB (everything intact).

Suppose their wrist time is going to remain like that for the next 10-20 years, would the realisable market values be less than what they are today?

Oh yes, in my case, its also considering the expected wrist time of Omega/Tag/IWC/Ball would be higher than the 2 above.

Your opinion is much appreciated

Keep the Daytona.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Sell the daytona and keep the gmtII as a coke or pepsi insert.
      Current:
      No More Liao...

Comment

I would start wearing the Daytona and sell the GMTII...

Comment

Originally posted by Ballwatch View Post
          Purely looking at $, which do you think is a better option.

a. GMT Master II (8 years) - worn <10times, 95-100% condition.
          b. Daytona (<2 years) - BNIB (everything intact).

Suppose their wrist time is going to remain like that for the next 10-20 years, would the realisable market values be less than what they are today?

Oh yes, in my case, its also considering the expected wrist time of Omega/Tag/IWC/Ball would be higher than the 2 above.

Your opinion is much appreciated
          Truth is both will not hold value in the future. Both will depreciate as the age abet slower than other brands. There are plenty of these in the market.

Can't tell you any watch where value sure go up. If I know, would put my fortune on buying up that watch.

For value to go up, sell both watch and buy gold for now.

Comment

if you are looking @ monetary value. the GMT Master II might have a slight edge ahead of daytona.

the GMT is already a discontinued model. so there is a chance it may make a come back for cult status.

the daytona as mentioned is less than 2 years old. if you have gotten it between the price of 14800 to 15200. i would say it is a decent price to pay. this is on the assumption it is a black dial. however the daytona is still very much produced, so the desire to own one for vintage purposes is not there yet. look @ the garage section and you can tell how many daytona are put up for sale. the prices are dropping and holding stable for now.

if you sell off both watches now for a price of 18k, you may consider getting blue chip shares/gold which i believe will give you a better return as pointed out by KuchingKu. i would prefer blue chip shares or shares that gives you some decent dividend each year.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              if you are looking @ monetary value. the GMT Master II might have a slight edge ahead of daytona.

the GMT is already a discontinued model. so there is a chance it may make a come back for cult status.

the daytona as mentioned is less than 2 years old. if you have gotten it between the price of 14800 to 15200. i would say it is a decent price to pay. this is on the assumption it is a black dial. however the daytona is still very much produced, so the desire to own one for vintage purposes is not there yet. look @ the garage section and you can tell how many daytona are put up for sale. the prices are dropping and holding stable for now.

if you sell off both watches now for a price of 18k, you may consider getting blue chip shares/gold which i believe will give you a better return as pointed out by KuchingKu. i would prefer blue chip shares or shares that gives you some decent dividend each year.
              Well said! X2

Watches are to be worn, admired, adored, etc. As an investment, very unlikely given volume currently in the market unless keep for decades then....maybe, possibly.

With the rosy economic outlook, provided no wars break out, blue chip with decent dividend yield will be the better choice. ;-)

Comment

Kum Sia Very Much for all your comments

Though varied, it seems the general agreed view is value will not hold for long term even if kept as BNIB.

So I'll have to consider other non-$ factors ... humans are not objective

Comment

Originally posted by Ballwatch View Post
                  Kum Sia Very Much for all your comments

Though varied, it seems the general agreed view is value will not hold for long term even if kept as BNIB.

So I'll have to consider other non-$ factors ... humans are not objective
                  Just don't ever buy a watch, keep it bnib for a few years and hope to earn money. You will be disappointed. Unless you have a Pam 360 or 339, no rolex watch will hold value. Even if bnib, with warranty gone, values will be lower than new. Worst is lose money without even having the joy of wearing!
                  Watch collection is a hobby not an investment! Follow this maxim and you will not be disappointed.

Comment

My logic is sell if you dont wear, to add that you mentioned its all about the money, i would just sell both at the right time and park money somewhere else that allows clearer appreciation.
                    Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

i second that, Bro Kuchingku

buy what sings to you, sing with it and take good care of it. Thats to the TS.
                      Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X