Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$200,000 Stingray and $140,000 Arowana!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the fish dies, can the authorities donate the leather to me?

I waana make some watchbox or straps with stingray leather leh!
    Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
    • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
    • Montre de MarQue
    • Etoile D'Or
    • Hotel Indonesia
    • Glory Time
    • The Watch-Collector
    • Time Palace
    • The Swiss Connection
    • M Baker
    • Maurice Lacroix
    • Time Marques
    • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Comment

To account for the missing funds, some of these crooks will say they spent a few hundred grand here and there buying antiques, paintings, gambling and in this case he pointed the unaccountable funds to the fishes.

these items are difficult to value so its the best way to launder the money.
      crook sellers of antiques can write you a receipt of any amount so long as you give them some kickbacks.
      My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
      1) WG DIA 18239
      2) YG DIA 18238
      3) WG 18239
      4) YG 18238
      5) YG 18248G Bark
      6) WG DIA 18039
      7) WG 18039
      8) YG 18038
      9) Tridor DIA 18039B
      10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
      11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
      12) WG 1803
      13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
      1)GMT II 116718 18K
      2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
      1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
      2)D15037 14k
      3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

true....there is no such thing as a value toward living creatures.....Life is priceless....regardless it is a dog,cat,fish,stingray or human.....
        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

My friend had a ugly hairless dag that cost 8000! Another bought a rare marine fish for usd5000. I know of stingray that cost 80000, which I saw at an exhibition.

Comment

i m totally clueless about the prices of marine creatures till recently...hahahaha
            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I wonder y he didnt think of buying a shark, at least when it died, the fins still can sell, and skin can be used to make watch straps to sell too or use for his own watches..Sigh..he is really not very smart...

for that sum, I would buy a small yacht and admire these beautiful creatures from it own habitat.
              Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

Originally posted by ten10 View Post
                When the fish dies, can the authorities donate the leather to me?

I waana make some watchbox or straps with stingray leather leh!
                stingray leather difficult to maintain. my old man used to collect WW2 japanese swords, and alot of the stingray leather breakdown after about 9mths in storage.

when i got money; i want to recollect japanese swords esp those which scabbard is covered in exotic animal skin; but they are getting harder and harder to find by the day.
                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                Blue 6694
                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by trailblazer View Post
                  I wonder y he didnt think of buying a shark, at least when it died, the fins still can sell, and skin can be used to make watch straps to sell too or use for his own watches..Sigh..he is really not very smart...

for that sum, I would buy a small yacht and admire these beautiful creatures from it own habitat.
                  Shark? maybe he has to get an aquarium that's big enough first man!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                    stingray leather difficult to maintain. my old man used to collect WW2 japanese swords, and alot of the stingray leather breakdown after about 9mths in storage.

when i got money; i want to recollect japanese swords esp those which scabbard is covered in exotic animal skin; but they are getting harder and harder to find by the day.
                    Katanas??? Wah, fierce...
                    Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post

ww2 japanese swords with black stingray leather with white spots ..they are just awesome!
                      there are proper ways for storing these items, won't peel off.
                      your dad still have the blades? I will be interested to buy them.
                      My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
                      1) WG DIA 18239
                      2) YG DIA 18238
                      3) WG 18239
                      4) YG 18238
                      5) YG 18248G Bark
                      6) WG DIA 18039
                      7) WG 18039
                      8) YG 18038
                      9) Tridor DIA 18039B
                      10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
                      11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
                      12) WG 1803
                      13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
                      1)GMT II 116718 18K
                      2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
                      1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
                      2)D15037 14k
                      3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

Originally posted by trailblazer View Post
                        Katanas??? Wah, fierce...
                        yeah; still learning the art of polishing and most importantly, sharpening. . got to feel sorry for the intruder if he pays me a visit

Originally posted by Ian Limm View Post
                        ww2 japanese swords with black stingray leather with white spots ..they are just awesome!
                        there are proper ways for storing these items, won't peel off.
                        your dad still have the blades? I will be interested to buy them.
                        personal collection not selling. last i heard in sg, quite hard to import.

i went to one auction (militaria) auction last time, alot of the lousy blades fetching A A$4k minimum. some even hitting the high A$6k.

actually, im looking to start my collection of japanese military items namely swords, esp navy and airforce sections.

i didnt know got people in sg, collecting japanese military swords maybe can start another thread for all collectors.

for those who are interested i got lobang for a private swordsmith in oz. last time he did a oz wide tour, the degree of sharpness and fine workmanship skills. second to none.
                        Blue 6694
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

If my memory serves me right, old generation germans and japs have the best swordsmiths.

I had once been tempted to collect but its really hard to find and pretty expensive. The humidity here is just not right, making maintenance a challenge.
                          Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

the problem with collecting jap militaria is that whilst the armed forces was advancing at an amazing rate, they made exceptional quality articles; however at the tail end of WW2, alot of pieces whilst relative high in quality, was done at a rushed rate. in particular 1944-1945 i reckon this was the worst window for the japanese.
                            Blue 6694
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Another joker who never clean after eating.
                              Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Is he a member here?.....
                                [IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/208if89.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/2ljjkgi.jpg[/IMG]
                                [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="3"]"I like my watches like I like women, BIG AND BEAUTIFUL."[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X