No announcement yet.

My rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottom line is: People should have the correct expectations of pre-owned watches. I did not promise anything like BNIB or mint conditions. If they expect a watch in such conditions, then be prepared to pay the original price for it.

Hi watchpassionist: his name isnt what you think. The person i dealt with is a newbie to this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Helmsley View Post
      Bottom line is: People should have the correct expectations of pre-owned watches. I did not promise anything like BNIB or mint conditions. If they expect a watch in such conditions, then be prepared to pay the original price for it.

Hi watchpassionist: his name isnt what you think. The person i dealt with is a newbie to this forum.
      Agree. Want to buy 100% then go AD and pay AD price. Want to pay preowned price, then don't expect 100%. Problem is there are people who want to pay preowned price and get a 100% watch.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        wash and then after use, put it inside a sleeve or something.

however, it is rare because it is not suppose to collect particles. just have to make sure you keep it as clean as possible.
        noted, usually, i wash, and chuck in a clean icecream container. cheers for the advise, never wouldve thought that microfibre cloth will be such a pain in the butt.
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
          Agree. Want to buy 100% then go AD and pay AD price. Want to pay preowned price, then don't expect 100%. Problem is there are people who want to pay preowned price and get a 100% watch.
          Totally agreed except that getting from AD may also not be 100% ...
          "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
          three times is enemy action and
          over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
          ."

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
            Totally agreed except that getting from AD may also not be 100% ...
            There may also be some scratches due to handling.

Dino

Comment

Then you may want to warn us because some of us may be dealing with this person now or in future, and since you already had this encounter, it is good to post the information here; at least the nick if you are not comfortable to share more personal information. It is not for any ill purpose but a precautionary measure so that if I come across him in my future dealing, I will be more careful. This is not going to stop me from coming in contact with this person as long as he is a genuine buyer/seller, but I'll just have to be wary of some of those actions.

Alternatively, there is the iTrader function where you can positively and/or negatively rate a member here whom you had encounters with.

Tx
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                abit harsh action over a watch yeah?
                Not harsh la.... D*** mean DUCK in the mouth leh....haha

Originally posted by wongcheok View Post
                Whoa there!!!!
                When u kana ppl like this u will know the feeling like bro helmsley felt ....hehe
                [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/rolex-submariner-116619lb-021.jpg[/IMG]
                [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Rolex-Black-Dial-Daytona-116520.jpg[/IMG]
                [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Originals_23.jpg[/IMG]
                [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/IMG_0491.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Its terrible to meet with these 'watch-lovers', they simply do not show respect for others time and watches. Its just unfortunate you ran into 1, but fret not as Im sure for every rudies you meet, you meet at least more goodies.

1 thing i learnt, state all details (eg. your nato etc) before meetup and be quick to stop certain stupid behaviors like polishing with their clothes or serviette, use them on their glasses instead LOL..dumb a**

Hope you get to sell it at your best price possible. cheers
                  Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

Originally posted by trailblazer View Post
                    Its terrible to meet with these 'watch-lovers', they simply do not show respect for others time and watches. Its just unfortunate you ran into 1, but fret not as Im sure for every rudies you meet, you meet at least more goodies.

1 thing i learnt, state all details (eg. your nato etc) before meetup and be quick to stop certain stupid behaviors like polishing with their clothes or serviette, use them on their glasses instead LOL..dumb a**

Hope you get to sell it at your best price possible. cheers
                    Thanks bro. I'll take note of that. Anyway, I think i will still be keeping my U1 for now as a daily beater while saving up for either a U Boat or Pam. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by watchpassionist View Post
                      Not harsh la.... D*** mean DUCK in the mouth leh....haha
                      Whew.. DUCK ok. If not D*** to another guy's mouth??? er...

Serviette, tissue on crystal quite safe if only sapphire crystal.

No no for AR coated or mirror finished surface. But once you start wearing, the swirls will come.

Buying preowned, even a few months old, one cannot expect a perfect watch. It can only be perfect if the owner never wear it or watch being polished.

Seems like the buyer expected a new watch condition. For a U1, he can just pay a little more to get a new one if so particular.
                      For me I m ok with light swirls, scratches. Will get it anyway. But not dents, that will cause a lots of material lost if want to polish away.
                      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Thanks bro. I'll take note of that. Anyway, I think i will still be keeping my U1 for now as a daily beater while saving up for either a U Boat or Pam. Haha.
                        Pam bro Pam. Uboat also nice, but you got to consider lower resale.
                        Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                          Pam bro Pam. Uboat also nice, but you got to consider lower resale.
                          Haha, Pam is a little out of budget for me. For me, I'm not too concerned about re-sale value as I prefer to keep my watches.

Comment

Haha, Pam is a little out of budget for me. For me, I'm not too concerned about re-sale value as I prefer to keep my watches.

Dino

Comment

Look who's talkin' ..
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Im not very familiar with UB but I will support Pam in this case...Happy searching
                                Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X