Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you hardworking enough?

With inspiration from this THREAD.

How many of you here actually will REALLY, REALLY go read up, asked around, enquire full details of what you are going to buy/acquire? Or do you just based on little bits and pieces of information here and there on a particular product, then jump on it!

Let's share.

The Crown Of Achievement

Not really for me, as long as i like the watch, the only work i do is to find the better price.
    Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Precisely one of the points I wish to highlight. Tx zidaneong!

We have too many wants in life and we only have so much capacity (of knowledge, of experience) to store in our "hard disk". How to be "a Master of all trade"?

I like watches. I like also cameras/photography, and TV/HT/car sound systems, and I like currency-notes collecting, and I like sports cars, and I like ... How to know everything in depth? At least some of those items you may just acquire with little knowledge of them right? While one or two that you are more passionate about, then you'll find out more right?
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I usually buy based on hearsay. Too many things in life to really go into the nitty gritty details. If lucky, make a good buy. If not, life goes on. Statement applicable only on non life threatening situations.

Even if one is considered an expert, there are times when too much information causes one to ponder too much resulting in loss opportunity. Trust your instinct, 6th sense or watever you wanna call it.

My 2 cents worth.

Comment

Do more homework now!

U are right as mentioned above!!On the other hand, i usually do my homework and read more on the products and do a research on a certain models being zoom down before making the right move for your lobe ones(watch)!
          In addition, i also check the itrader provided by the opp. parties to make sure that person is reliable or not,my 3 cents info

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
            With inspiration from this THREAD.

How many of you here actually will REALLY, REALLY go read up, asked around, enquire full details of what you are going to buy/acquire? Or do you just based on little bits and pieces of information here and there on a particular product, then jump on it!

Let's share.

That why i came for the gathering and meet all the 'old bird' and gather more information to gain knowledge and experience.

Comment

i like to evaluate the products and understand a good deal of info beforehand...especially where the product costs > $1k.

to appreciate the finer things in life, you know to know what goes behind it and what causes the premium....
              same goes with my DSLR, computer systems, hi-fi set, wine, godiva chocolates, champagne, leather bags...etc.

anyone who can buy a rolex. but not anyone can truly appreciate what goes into manufacturing a rolex.....
              some buys it to flaunt it off, some buys it to reward themselves..

the true connoiseur buys it for a variety of reasons, one of those -> to appreciate the fusion of art and mechanical engineering
              Opportunities come once

Comment

The right watch is right for you, when the price is right. The wrong watch is still right for you, when the price is right, cos the loss upon selling it, is not bad, since the price was deemed right in the first place...

Comment

Yes, my other part of body is working very hard then me. 'He' will never say die. lolz

Comment

Originally posted by Ivanloh View Post
                    Yes, my other part of body is working very hard then me. 'He' will never say die. lolz
                    Huh Which part?
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Huh Which part?
                      The part that use most of the blood. lolz

Comment

My biology is no good. Can you specify, pl?

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Do enough homework so that you know what you are buying and what's a reasonable price to pay. But I would not spend all my time trying to find the absolute cheapest deal. Cos, time spent and risk and actually it is impossible cos deference price point got diff condition and issues.

Comment

My point here simply is that we can't be equally 'hardworking' on all things that we want to have. Only those (hobbies mainly) that are closer to our hearts. One thing for sure here is watches. Again, not all brands/models. If you are very much into PAMs, yes, then PAMs it is. You will read up, talk a lot about, learn deeply about PAMs. And when it comes to dealing in this brand of watch, you are more discerning, knowledgesable, passionate and what have you. Will you be as good as say, the brand Maurice Lacroix? De Bethune? Davosa?
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

My biology is no good. Can you specify, pl?

( )============>

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X