Qantas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qantas

Hi, I am sure there are many business travelers here.

Will you still fly Qantas after the fiasco?
    I own a Rolex !

As an australian i took qf once, and never again. although they have never technically lost a plane, the near misses are pretty bad. customer service not up on par also.

for me its sq all the way
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I agree, so far SQ never failed me.

Comment

actually they have once. i bought a sony vintage ES amp. packed it up to withstand a shock, etc. came to perth with packing split/damaged. amp got scratches, and dented .

complained to sq, they couldnt be arsed, and played the typical taichi with me. nabei
        Blue 6694
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

which ever airlines that offers me the cheapest tix and decent service, i will fly with them.
          Nobody is Perfect, I am Nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
            actually they have once. i bought a sony vintage ES amp. packed it up to withstand a shock, etc. came to perth with packing split/damaged. amp got scratches, and dented .

complained to sq, they couldnt be arsed, and played the typical taichi with me. nabei
            Next time just buy insurance for that will do. lolz.

Comment

I must emphasize that...safety always comes first for big reputable airlines like Qantas and Singappore airlines. profits are secondary.
              I have taken some cheap domestic planes in some 3rd world country before, i can tell you safety are not there and at times in flight i was so scare and tense that i will pay a million bucks just to be back safe home. Money can earn , Life only have one.....hehehe

Qantas incident is just one time off, they have did a thorough check and i believe with the strong Australians union and management. Everything will be back normal....cheers
              [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/rolex-submariner-116619lb-021.jpg[/IMG]
              [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Rolex-Black-Dial-Daytona-116520.jpg[/IMG]
              [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Originals_23.jpg[/IMG]
              [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/IMG_0491.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

that time ignorant. didnt buy insurance. so technically, my fault also. but with fragile sticker pasted all over the amp, at least dun abuse until like that lah!
                Blue 6694
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                  that time ignorant. didnt buy insurance. so technically, my fault also. but with fragile sticker pasted all over the amp, at least dun abuse until like that lah!
                  oh ok, kekeek.

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
                    Hi, I am sure there are many business travelers here.

Will you still fly Qantas after the fiasco?
                    Yes I will, cos now they sure on the ball to do checks. BTW for my previous 2 companies where I had to fly frequently for biz, its always SQ, I tot most local companies will choose SQ???
                    Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

Originally posted by tsetse View Post
                      I tot most local companies will choose SQ???
                      Actually not necassary so..Not sure if its only my side but my company does put an emphasis on cost savings...

e.g. SIN-FRA preferred airline is normally Qantas then LH. then SQ because QF is cheaper..

However for regional destinations where the price difference is not that diverse and safety/reliability of the cheaper carriers are a "concern", then we will take SQ..

Comment

Originally posted by watchpassionist View Post
                        Qantas incident is just one time off, they have did a thorough check and i believe with the strong Australians union and management. Everything will be back normal....cheers
                        i don't think you know the track record qantas have with their planes - or you probably don't live in their country.

their planes have been dropping out of the skies like flies for some time now.
                        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

I will still support Qantas for their cheaper fares for the similar route to Aust. But not for now till they have resolve the problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogmen View Post
                            I will still support Qantas for their cheaper fares for the similar route to Aust. But not for now till they have resolve the problems.
                            QF fares are cheaper in comparison, especially the kangaroo routes... i worked in NZ for a while, and flew back to singapore quite regularly to be with my wife and my parents (every 2-3 months). the first handful of trips i flew QF because of the ticket price. cheap.

however the amount of hassle i get at australian airports/with qantas nearly drove me insane - i'm just transiting planes man!!! i switched over to SQ and all was well despite a longer lay over... even plane delays (happened just once) were more pleasant.

my wife, when she flew over to NZ by herself (twice) got a lot of problems during her australian transits also. TRANSIT! NOT GOING INTO AU!!! plus, she always held a premium ticket... no such problems in NZ on SQ tix.

we don't miss flying QF and i don't miss aussie airports! (QF planes are notorious for maintenance/engine problems...)

non-QF pics from my last flight out of NZ:

express immigration service...

my wife accompanied me!

spacious lounge... empty coz late at night.

i think i was trying to persuade my wife to translate an article for me (lounge mag)...

flight delay = F&B voucher for all passengers PLUS drinks (orange/apple juice, red/light cokes, bottled water) and food by the gate when the lounge was closed (sorry, no 24hr lounge in that part of the world). food and drinks were for all, not just premium pax.

and where else can you find laksa on the plane when you want a snack...

i miss beautiful scenic NZ and my beloved ride...
                            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                              however the amount of hassle i get at australian airports/with qantas nearly drove me insane - i'm just transiting planes man!!! i switched over to SQ and all was well despite a longer lay over... even plane delays (happened just once) were more pleasant.

my wife, when she flew over to NZ by herself (twice) got a lot of problems during her australian transits also. TRANSIT! NOT GOING INTO AU!!! plus, she always held a premium ticket... no such problems in NZ on SQ tix.

we don't miss flying QF and i don't miss aussie airports!...
                              you are not the only one complaining about aussie airports. once i noticed a s'porean male departing PER, the amount of Qs asked by immigration was amazing. "what did you do here?" "whats the purpose of your visit?" "how long did you stay here?" "where did you stay?". seriously; he is leaving your (crap) country; stamp his passport and wave him thru. i felt like going up to the guy, ask him, aussie airports abit screwed yeah? departing the country still ask so much.

i was thinking to myself, if i was the guy, ill give all the silly answers .
                              "what did you do here?" visit a crap country
                              "whats the purpose of your visit?" to compare how green the other side of the grass really is.
                              "how long did you stay here?" too long
                              "where did you stay?" whorehouse.

on my return to oz (black passport), i also kena by immigration "where did you go?" "what did you do?" "whats the reason for travel?". WTF....i mean, im a born and bred aussie, and can easily pass like an aussie in front of aussies
                              Blue 6694
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X