your views on gray dealers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ErnieH. View Post
    The problem here is a lack of ethics, why is it, only after I said I would go check to see what the retail price was, that was when he started apologying and calling it a misunderstanding? Half Price is 50% not 45% or 55% but 50% but heh if you do not want honesty in advertising here on SG ROC then let it be. No wonder no one has to post pics of watches they are selling here, you get away with what you can get away with here, it seems.

As for the retail price, I suspect it to be below 2500, or why else is he calling it a misunderstanding and apologising? Once I prove the official retail price is below 2500, what happens then, business as usual?
    i believe you have misread the situation. the thing you call "ethics"; i question that. now im in no way related to sgroc, the "founder", nor do i know the interactions between you and the seller.

im not sure about you; but not everyone is a walking price list. i sell phones for a living, do i know the RRP of every phone i sell? No. I do however remember prices that I can sell at; my cost, my margins, etc. Why do i have to commit the RRP into my brain? You want to know RRP? Call up the manufacturer, visit the website, heck google it!

If you wanted to bargain with the seller, just let him know what you are expecting to pay. $1000? $500? Whatever. All offers will be looked at. Only offers that are sensible will be entertained. As for buying a bag,watch, anything. You would have done your homework, you would have done some legwork and know what the market price is. And if you havent? then me sir reckons you have a few screws missing.

*IMO* when you bring around accusations like that, me thinks you should get your facts together straight first. Why suspect? Be sure. Be 100% sure. Go to the manufacturer, call up the boutiques, but dont waste time pondering what if.

If you prove that the price infact is below $2500, im sure we would love to see something. What that something is, we shall leave up to administrators. Afterall, we are just here to voice our opinions and share a common hobby, now if he is as "unethical" as you put it, would you trust your money with him? Infact, this looks like nitpicking. Kinda childish behaviour.

Me thinks there is more to this than just so call "ethics".
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Is darkie a "GRE/AY DEALER" in the first place
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

whether is gray or not doesnt matter. for all i care, he can be a pink dealer . what we want most in the garage, is a safe and fun place to get rid of our stuff knowing well that we can get a fair price for it, and knowing that our preloved things can go to a good home and not a siao keng.

ive posted a few things to sell here before (nothing substantial, just an iphone or two). payment was quick, i sent things out to them. buyer happy, seller happy. what more do we want?
        Blue 6694
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Mai i know what do you mean by lack of ethics? Is the bag he tryin to sell is a replica? Is the price that he wanted to sell is actually more expensive from what you can get at the boutique but he claims that it is the cheapest you can find? Suspect? Have you check the RRP for the bag already? I also suspect that you are just tryin to play the word game where you tryin to say that an item sellin at half price should be at actual half of the original price, no more no less, even an item is sellin at half price at $30 which RRP is $59.99 you will also report it to CASE. Afterall he did apologises for the mistake so why can't you give him the benefit of doubts that he really forgot the RRP for the bag and base on his vague memory he assume that the price that he is sellin is at half of the RRP or somewhere near there?
          Pathetic.......................

Comment

Originally posted by Caliber View Post
            tink u hv very serious personality prob.go see a doc.recommen u 1 at woodbridge
            He has the right to air his views just like you. But your comment is uncalled for.
            Nobody is Perfect, I am Nobody.

Comment

It's more like a "puff" like best price, no. 1, Great deal.

Misrespresentation? Debatable.

And Darkangel is not grey dealer.

He's white. Definitely white. 白白嫩嫩
              Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Can i voice my view too? I understand Ernie is trying to point out something.....ethics?
                Quote my recent encounter in Switzerland, one of the so call best country in Europe...

(1) I was at a hotel and request for the room rate.. was told Swiss franc $200 plus. I said ok and when i check the actual amount was $290 swissfranc, why can't they tell me is abt $300 instead $200 plus........ 5 star hotel, ethics??

(2) Went shopping and bought items .. paid by credit cards, the cashier ask me whether to pay in swiss or sgd,i said ok sgd tht so gd svc can convert for me to Sin dollars. When i checked my bills the shops use the rates of 1.4!!! when it was suppose to be 1.33 to 1.38. ... 5 star shops, ethics??

(3) Was in another city and intended to stay 4 days, on 2nd night decided to check out 3rd day. Informed the front desk earlier and was told i must still pay for 3 nights and not 2 nights.... no clause stating this rule in their check-in form...... ethics??

What i'm trying to point out here is that all these encounters has got nothing to do with ethics, you are in their country, in their land, in their shops. You can just choose to walk away and not buy and not stay. It is a transaction you as the buyer can decide upon yourself. Can i go around criticising these hotesl and shops in their country? No... i will not. Is their rules and since i decided to go along with the transaction i will abide their rules, is just so simple.

So darkangel mentioned half price. Retail may not be same during different times and different retail shops. No one can point exactly the RRP. So just be understandable. He is not out to cheat you. And it has nothing to do with ethics.
                [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/rolex-submariner-116619lb-021.jpg[/IMG]
                [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Rolex-Black-Dial-Daytona-116520.jpg[/IMG]
                [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Originals_23.jpg[/IMG]
                [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/IMG_0491.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

On original post - I support grey dealer.. They bring in pieces which otherwise I will nor have access to and free me from the monopoly of ADs...
                  "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                  three times is enemy action and
                  over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                  ."

Comment

Aiyo take it easy lah my friend, he is selling below retail price not above also, 50 or 45 or 55 also no issue lah, you go and low ball him loh, you need two hands to clap my friend. I was selling a nokia E5 at 260 and claimed to be cheapest in town, now it is sold and what if tomorrow someone selling at 259 and that means I am lack ethics meh?? Take it easy, make love not war please.

Originally posted by ErnieH. View Post
                    The problem here is a lack of ethics, why is it, only after I said I would go check to see what the retail price was, that was when he started apologying and calling it a misunderstanding? Half Price is 50% not 45% or 55% but 50% but heh if you do not want honesty in advertising here on SG ROC then let it be. No wonder no one has to post pics of watches they are selling here, you get away with what you can get away with here, it seems.

As for the retail price, I suspect it to be below 2500, or why else is he calling it a misunderstanding and apologising? Once I prove the official retail price is below 2500, what happens then, business as usual?

Comment

looks like ernieh is now eating humble pie? his tone has definitely toned down abit.
                      Blue 6694
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

I think DA just meant to apologise for using a ballpark figure, and also kudos to you for knowing your stuff before purchasing. But truth being told, in a situation where someone offered me a big discount on something I really wanted, I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth man. Even if the list px is 2k flat, 1300/2000 is still 35% off. I believe gucci would retail at list in brand-conscious Singapore? You'd have to fly to Europe to get those kinda prices.

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                          Take it easy, make love not war please.[/B]
                          Best answer in this ot thread

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X