your views on gray dealers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your views on gray dealers

do you feel that gray dealers for watches are good for the market?

yes

1) it helps to bring down the actual price of the watch compared to brick and motar shops. however, brick and motar shops has got fixed expenses such as rent to cover. gray dealers don't.

2) by bringing down the the price, it does create more demand. with more demand, the brand gets more exposure.

no

1) if anything goes wrong with the watch (sinn), they not likely to do anything except refer you to service centre to help you after sale is completed. this is where AD comes in

2) gray dealers only bring in brands that they can make profit. so this means limited choices. i don't see many gray dealers bring in brands like GO, JLC and IWC(limited selection). mainly rolex(mainly sports models), panerai (almost all popular models) and AP (mainly ROO).

3) possibly of fraud cases. with AD, it is almost 100% fraud free. that is why you pay more.

4) credit card payment or installment plan not available. with AD, you can choose for either of such payment methods.

neutral

1) building a r/s with your gray dealers and AD does have benefits. im lucky to be able to receive complimentary items from both sides. depending on what freebies you looking at.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Gray market dealers are good for a market as long as they are honest. Even on this forum site there are gray market dealers here (not just watches) that are totally untrustworthy and lie in their ads yet nothing is done about it here.

Comment

Your views, Mr triton, have stated almost all pros and cons that I can think of. How am I to say more ?

I'm neutral towards them.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Well said by Mr Triton..hehehehe......
        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

well said. another negative as per the latest richemont stance on verification, this could be aimed squarely at gray dealers, and setting a dangerous precedent. good or bad; i shall let you decide.
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Good views on Gray Dealers. One more +ve point of GDs, not only they bring in profitable models, they also help bring in Limtied Editions or hard-to-get models where ADs always claims no stock or "reserved" for their preferred customers...

One more point... NO GST!!!! =D

Comment

Without grey dealers, most people in Singapore will not even get to see limited ROO.

With grey dealers, ceramic green subs LV are easier to find then LV bags.

They serve a need but recently, I noticed that many people are trying to be grey dealers.

Comment

some grey dealers like apprentice... some knows more some less.. they r more to certain models.. to me.. not professional.. even AD sometimes don't shows pro... so... its not risk free... buy smart...

well said mr. triton
                DRSD-1665 mk4
                SD-16660 matte mk1
                Sub-1680 red mk6
                Sub-5513 matte/ meter first
                Exp2-16570
                Date Just-116234 MOP
                MS no date-67480

Comment

I am neutral. As pointed out by the op. Both GD and AD offer advantages and disadvantages. To me, if authenticity is a concern (by buying from GD), we can always deal at respective service centre and have the watch authenticated.

Comment

What I am confused about is with this website, why does SG-ROC let gray market dealers of goods out and out lie in their threads and do nothing about them?

Comment

since you have posted twice the similar content, why not you be the whistle blower to say which gray dealer is not trustworthy?

also you have use a critical word - trustworthy. please indicate why they are not trustworthy?

Originally posted by ErnieH. View Post
                      Gray market dealers are good for a market as long as they are honest. Even on this forum site there are gray market dealers here (not just watches) that are totally untrustworthy and lie in their ads yet nothing is done about it here.
                      Originally posted by ErnieH. View Post
                      What I am confused about is with this website, why does SG-ROC let gray market dealers of goods out and out lie in their threads and do nothing about them?
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                        since you have posted twice the similar content, why not you be the whistle blower to say which gray dealer is not trustworthy?

also you have use a critical word - trustworthy. please indicate why they are not trustworthy?
                        OK I will, if you as the Administrator would promise to take solid action against the gray market dealer involved, I have also understood that this particular gray market dealer has said in closed circles that he has Carte Blanc on this website and can post anything he wants since nothing will happen to him, could this be true? If it is, then once reported all I do is get banned and the posts deleted. I am not trying to question your ethics or anyone's ethics here but I know what is true and what is not as well as what this particular gray market delaer has posted here. As I say not trying to offend anyone just trying to stop the lying done by a particular gray market dealer here.

Comment

So WHO?
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                            So WHO?
                            Is it agreed by Triton and yourself that something will be done, yes or no? Again I am not questioning your ethics, I am only want confirmation that you will seriously do sometihng about this poster if I can prove what I say is true?

Comment

Something be done? By me?? Can I??? Sorry Ms ErnieH., or Mr ErnieH., whoever you are. I am merely one of the (more active) members here whom I still do not understand why I'm "bestowed" with the label of "Moderator(Apprentice)".. ? Maybe triton can enlighten.
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X