Omega, he is the man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omega, he is the man

Just share with you one newspaper article in today's Sunday Times, in the Lifestyle Section @pg 4. Go read it!

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...6/Manomega.jpg

"George Tan who loves Omega timepieces, even has memorabilia with the logo of the Swiss watchmaker"

This is what I call a true and loyal customer !
    The Crown Of Achievement

Omega, he is the man

Hi, came across this article in today's Sunday Times and thought it's good to share. It's at the Lifestyle Section @pg 4. This' the pic:

Wonder if anyone here knows him (George Tan). He's a super loyal Omega watch customer. A civil servant who lives in a 5-room HDB flat in central S'pore, and who owns a collection of Omega watches equivalent of a "7-figure" amount !

Any such ROLEX fanatic here?

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I know him.... nothing wrong about staying in a HDB 5 room... I have many friend who earn 5 digit monthly salart(fixed, not sales commission type) who also stays in 5 room HDB

Comment

its not what you stay in, but whether you are comfortable staying in it
        take my place, it is better known for its industrial park than its residential properties, yet i stay on a deviding street that devides the "industrial park" and "the suburb that is known for city views"

by no means is it a cheap land to have, and relatively close to CBD (~10mins), I dont care. I enjoy this place and wouldnt want to have it any other way
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

wonder do we have a rolex man in sg?
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

May b yes, some where lurking among us?

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Wow Omega man huh... only if he had spent his $$$ on Rolex instead, I think the collection will have worth 8-figure...

Comment

Hmm he started his collection when he was 20....for 15 years he collected.

I started alittle earlier than him...if I continue progressively..hmm I could be a Rolex man...hehehe

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                  Hi, came across this article in today's Sunday Times and thought it's good to share. It's at the Lifestyle Section @pg 4. This' the pic:

Wonder if anyone here knows him (George Tan). He's a super loyal Omega watch customer. A civil servant who lives in a 5-room HDB flat in central S'pore, and who owns a collection of Omega watches equivalent of a "7-figure" amount !

Any such ROLEX fanatic here?

Hopefully I will be one! hahah...

Nothing wrong with living in HDB wad...that's why I always say....stay HDB doesnt mean is poor,stay private doesnt mean is rich.

Comment

Right! I see many Merc in HDB carpark...

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    Hopefully I will be one! hahah...

Nothing wrong with living in HDB wad...that's why I always say....stay HDB doesnt mean is poor,stay private doesnt mean is rich.

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                      Right! I see many Merc in HDB carpark...
                      Yeah lor I see more jap cars than merc or BMWs in my apartment carpark...

I think Merc,BMW,Jaguar etc branded cars...takes up only 10-20% of the cars in my place. THe rest are mostly Nissans,Toyotas.,

Comment

nissan toyota also branded what
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                          nissan toyota also branded what
                          well..if u want to be precise...then...cars which cost more than 100k lor.

Comment

I admire single brand collectors, it shows how much love and dedication this person has to his favourite brand.

I was a bit surprise that the author highlighted the Speedy Snoopy. She was a bit exxagerrated, limited edition of ONLY 5441 pieces? It's not so rare..
                            [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
                            [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
                            [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
                            [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
                            [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
                            [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

I also feel the article is misleading to the average consumers...we as WIS we know that not all watches can make money...they only highlighted those that made money...never say those that lose right?

Some people after they read article think omega very profittable...but sadly that's not the case for all.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X