X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red bezel? so singapore!

Comment

• Submariner homage - STeaLth

I've got another idea for this submariner homage, we can do a discreet design. Black Submariner with Stealth Lume(B&R phantom style)

In this mannner, even any member found wearing one of this homage will not be label as wearing a FAKE Rollie(Discreet markers and mercedes hands,COOL ?) cos it is done in a different manner (Only sg-roc members will know what is the time reading on their sg-roc L.E Submariner or GMT or Explorer homage. If ADs asked abt this watch or eyeing hard at your watch, they can't tell what the HECK r u wearing ! So STARE Harder on our wrist !!! if we want to cut cost on printing Logo n fonts, we go with a sterile dial.At most, side of the case is engraved with descriptions. What do u guys think of this concept ???
      Last edited by kermit e froggy; 15-09-08, 07:29 PM.
      the Trails and the Ocean !

Comment

• i'm in for the 6694 idea. But i dun own any 6694, so if can get 1 thats SG-ROC limited, i'm in for it... The hommage model of submariners n GMT is great too. I'm ok with it too.... Hope we can finalize the model soon. Cant wait....

Comment

• I say NIKE!!!
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
            I say NIKE!!!
            JUST DO IT ??? Which Homage or r u trying to say something else ???
            Last edited by kermit e froggy; 15-09-08, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Just point to note... is this considered replica? if put own design logo in, will sg-roc kena sue? just thinking aloud..
              There is a very fine line between this "hobby" and "mental illness."

Look on the wife's face when VISA bill arrived, Priceless!!!!

Comment

• JUST DO IT
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaRolex View Post
                  Just point to note... is this considered replica? if put own design logo in, will sg-roc kena sue? just thinking aloud..
                  Good point to note. I wouldn't say it's not a Rolex Replica but Rolex inspire design are the most copied watches till today. However with a Sterile Dial fitted, it is term as Homage rather than Replica due to the lack of Rolex fonts printed on the dial but pls correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not so sure abt being sue but we can ask someone here who are more expert in these area to clear this doubt. Anyone can shed some light on this homage being Replica of Rolex

Comment

• I think this "replica vs homage" topic has been very frequently talked about and discussed in this forum. Try a search and you'll see. To my understanding so far (I stand corrected), a replica means that the watch is a 100% (or near) lookalike of the authentic one. This means that the brand name is also inscribed/pasted/embossed on the watch, and the watch looks almost exactly identical. This also means a replica is out to cheat.

For a homage, it is somewhat similar (maybe close to 98%) but minus the brand name. Or using own brand name/other name(s). A good example will be the brand 'Bulova'. There's a shop in The Bencoolen that carries this brand and do pay a visit. You'll be amazed how "homage" it pays to ROLEX ! To a certain extent, a homage does not go out to cheat.

Thank you for reading
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I think this "replica vs homage" topic has been very frequently talked about and discussed in this forum. Try a search and you'll see. To my understanding so far (I stand corrected), a replica means that the watch is a 100% (or near) lookalike of the authentic one. This means that the brand name is also inscribed/pasted/embossed on the watch, and the watch looks almost exactly identical. This also means a replica is out to cheat.

For a homage, it is somewhat similar (maybe close to 98%) but minus the brand name. Or using own brand name/other name(s). A good example will be the brand 'Bulova'. There's a shop in The Bencoolen that carries this brand and do pay a visit. You'll be amazed how "homage" it pays to ROLEX ! To a certain extent, a homage does not go out to cheat.

Thank you for reading
                      Bro which shop of Bencoolen ?
                      You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

• Is the brand Sandoz?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• Can't recall name of the shop but it's at the first level and there's a branch opp. Te signboard's yellow color I think. No, te name's 'Bulova'. Tot I did mention it in my earlier post? Go pay a visit.
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

JUST DO IT
                            I support ur idea.....
                            Stand up for wat is rite even if you r standing alone

Comment

• I like this.I am biased towards divers and pilot watches. If possible, can I reserve serial number 82 ????

Comment

• Virgin post. Im interested in design 1. Count me in.

EDIT: Finally read through all the different pages here this evening. I see 6694 mentioned so much here. I say, all go buy 6694 tmr for 4D, if kanna, all can get 6694 without anymore votes etc

HUAT AH! (marks my 4D betting slips)
                                Last edited by saigonblack; 07-10-08, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X