Limited Edition Forum Watch..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about this....

Hi all, I'm a newbie here and think you guys are cool.

If the LE watch is a Rolex I'll be interested. Don't get me wrong, I'm a watch collector and I have about 30 Seiko dive watches and I love them. Since it's a Rolex forum I feel that it should be Rolex related.

I'm thinking out loud here: How about building LE dials for popular Rolex watch models, such as the 6694 or some other model, using genuine/aftermarket dials(subject to further discussion).
    1. Some of us already have a Rolex sitting around without much chance to wear. So instead of buying the whole watch, why not make it a special forum dial we can buy and swap into our own. That way we get to keep a completely authentic Rolex at the same time for servicing purpose.
    2. For folks who don't own the model, we can always get one later or just collect the dial as it is.
    3. For folks who don't own a Rolex, it can always be an inspiration to own something Rolex first while waiting for the first watch purchase. Quite meaningful.

What do you guys think? Just my 2 cents as a newbie...

Comment

Originally posted by seamastery View Post
      Hi all, I'm a newbie here and think you guys are cool.

If the LE watch is a Rolex I'll be interested. Don't get me wrong, I'm a watch collector and I have about 30 Seiko dive watches and I love them. Since it's a Rolex forum I feel that it should be Rolex related.

I'm thinking out loud here: How about building LE dials for popular Rolex watch models, such as the 6694 or some other model, using genuine/aftermarket dials(subject to further discussion).
      1. Some of us already have a Rolex sitting around without much chance to wear. So instead of buying the whole watch, why not make it a special forum dial we can buy and swap into our own. That way we get to keep a completely authentic Rolex at the same time for servicing purpose.
      2. For folks who don't own the model, we can always get one later or just collect the dial as it is.
      3. For folks who don't own a Rolex, it can always be an inspiration to own something Rolex first while waiting for the first watch purchase. Quite meaningful.

What do you guys think? Just my 2 cents as a newbie...
      Only problem with point no 1....because different mode are of different sizes,some 40mm,36mm,34mm,26mm...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Interesting Idea... It would enable some of us who are not ready to commit the $ for a rolex to join in, abeit at a later stage...

Of course one of the main attractions of a project like this is the fact that we will be able to get a nice rolex at a Mass Order price

Comment

combine ideas?

Hi,

Perhaps we can merge the ideas:
          1. Continue to form a list of people who are keen to get the complete watch with custom dial for the chosen model.
          2. Since a custom dial is involved for the chosen watch model, can we make more dials for folks who either already have the watch or folks who are just aspiring owners?

I'm think a really cool dial, which is serialized on the dial side!!! (like the recent SpeedMaster XXXX/1957). We can reserve the 1-50 to complete watch commitment and 51-100 to dial only collectors.

Please don't flame me, I'm only thinking out loud .... I don't mind getting a special edition dial packaged like this for keeps: (pic attached borrowed from timezone).

rgds
          Attached Files
          Last edited by seamastery; 20-07-08, 10:29 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

This may be premature, but shall we make a list of LE: Numbers?

I would like #007

#007 - Wisingapore

Comment

Originally posted by seamastery View Post
              Hi,

Perhaps we can merge the ideas:
              1. Continue to form a list of people who are keen to get the complete watch with custom dial for the chosen model.
              2. Since a custom dial is involved for the chosen watch model, can we make more dials for folks who either already have the watch or folks who are just aspiring owners?

I'm think a really cool dial, which is serialized on the dial side!!! (like the recent SpeedMaster XXXX/1957). We can reserve the 1-50 to complete watch commitment and 51-100 to dial only collectors.

Please don't flame me, I'm only thinking out loud .... I don't mind getting a special edition dial packaged like this for keeps: (pic attached borrowed from timezone).

rgds
              You want this kinda box ah? I also want....but only issued by Rolex after you get your carrot head chopped lor..hahha

Originally posted by Wisingapore View Post
              This may be premature, but shall we make a list of LE: Numbers?

I would like #007

#007 - Wisingapore
              Wah number 8 I think will be reserved by some1 for sure...hahaha

Number 4 also got someone will reserve 1

That beside the point...numbering the pieces...hmm that would mean higher cost

Comment

Lucky dip for the number will be more fair.

You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

for those who want to number, i think you will have to go the pad printing route. where a pad is "stamped" onto the plate. but it will incur higher cost, and even then not sure if printers want to do the job, since it is labor intensive
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Lets not go into the numbers first shall we.....

I think the best case to tackle here is whether members are willing to buy a 6694 or even just the dial for the customization.... IMO, not alot are willing to mod their current 6694. Most would wan to buy n mod a dial only.

As of now, the vote stands at 29 members wanting a swiss movt only (I presume they would wan the Rolex).. and 38 dun mind if its not swiss....
                    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

given, i would prefer dial at this point, source a 6694 in the future and put in there
                      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                      Blue 6694
                      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I initially voted "other movement also can" but have since then shifted my mindset to "buy a cheap(er) rolex given a MO"...

Its quite the tradition in forum watches to reserve one's number early...

Comment

I think it's a pretty sticky situation we are in...It's not here no there 1.

Hard to accomodate for both but I think we have to go for the majority....

Comment

Yes, Majority wins the vote. Count me in. Since it's a rolex related, size would be 40mm is much better. Good lume & reliable parts. Be it japanese movement or swiss as long as it keeps good time, I'm down with it

More towards the diver's (submariner, SD) look preferred.

Best regards,
                            Jay
                            PAM 104J (SOLD)
                            Omega Speedmaster 3513.50.00
                            Omega Speedmaster 3520.53.00 (Triple Day-Date)
                            Ball engr. Hydrocarbon Ti TMT LE DT1026A-SAJ-BK
                            Ball Fireman Night Train NM1092C-L1B-BK (SOLD)
                            RXW MM20

Comment

+1 for rolex since this is a rolex forum. btw i have a 6694 collecting cobwebs in my drawing since last year. after wearing only 3 times.
                              Rolex TTsub
                              Rolex precision
                              Rolex air king
                              Rolex ss datejust
                              Rolex explorer II
                              IWC Portofino Chrono

[U][I][B]Wishlist
                              Breitling Avenger
                              Rolex GMT master II
                              Sinn Tempus Edt

Comment

Currently, the votes are pretty even..... 37 for swiss movement and 43 for any movt. I assume the 37 wants Rolex also...

A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X