• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree. But shldn't b too much I hope .
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      for me, i will purchase another dial and have it worked on. so that should i want to bring my watch back to RSC, i got both original and aftermarket to exchange.
      I don't know what your guy charges you ... but mine charges mine $20 each time to swap the dial! So that gets added on to the cost of RSC servicing. Not to mention more trips between repairers and transport cost...

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        This came to my mind. Ok, remember we have been talking about doing some decal/sticker and until now nothing is done? Or the t-shirt thingy?? See, something less complicated already got problem, let alone this watch thingy. Don't get me wrong but I see more potential for this watch project. Ok, if cost has been the main concern (can see quite obvious), and this is likely going to be a far more complex project, then let's do this:

Find one volunteer here who has extremely good connection with a local pre-own watch dealer. Throw him/her this proposal that we, SG-ROC, wishes to have XXX amount of ROLEX 6694. Set a dateline for him/her. Now, if this is going to be memorable and to make it worth the purchase/ownership, then let's do it at our next anniversary ! How's that?! So this means we have an almost 10-11 months to accomplish the project?

Advantage no. 1 : Gives more impact/meaning to own THE watch because it is given out/received on an anniversary date. We have been together for 2 YEARS (tearing now, so touching)!!!
        Advantage no. 2 : Not very cheap though but not too expensive too. So for those feeling the pinch/need to save, you'll have 10-11mths to do so for maybe, $1.5k ONLY?! Attainable it seems?
        Advantage no. 3 : For both parties, the pre-own watch dealer gets to earn and we get to buy the watch at a cheaper price (well, hopefully so ).
        Advantage no. 4 : And if the networking is good with the dealer, we make another friend, have another source, and strike better deals in future!!!

More ideas guys?

Great idea. I'm down with this!
        There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy

Comment

I see some of the bros reasoning here... Rolex Club Watch should be a rolex... it would be strange for Sinn to do a Rolex Club Edition, and any hope of a reputable brand watch price going up with such inconsistency in theme would be dashed... With sufficient economies of scale, i see that it is perhaps even possible to secure a better price than what we would have done on our own... i am begining to see potential in this...

On the other hand, something brandless (or a seiko), cheap and commerative would mean that many bros can join in the fun... not everyone has 1.5k to throw on a forum watch... I guess there are situations when we do not really want to wear our beloved expensive watches... like reservist/hiking/serving RT/travelling to malaysia, batam, etc... The forum watch will come into good use during such times...

Comment

I prefer Rolex only.
            Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
            Rolex LV submariner
            Rolex TT black submariner
            Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
            Rolex Non date submariner
            Rolex Explorer2
            More...

Comment

After reading some posts here I realise that a commemorative watch should have some significance as such I've decided tat its either no brand or Rolex, actualli for Rolex as some folks here have stated economic of scale can do e job. So those whose pockets nt so deep yet can still afford. MHO.
              "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Don't you think it would be a windfall for any pre-owned dealer... to be able to sell like 50-100 watches in a day?! Can definately justify a v v good discount

Comment

yup..but hor got 100 pcs 6694 meh?
                  Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

If can get 100 pcs order i can press with dealer for better prices .
                    And do you guys want the 6694s to be serviced or untouched ?
                    Last edited by marineguy8888; 19-07-08, 01:50 AM.
                    1675/16610/116234/78240
                    Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
                    Hublot BB ASF
                    PAM 104J
                    Sinn 903 H2
                    Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
                    U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
                    If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

serviced....hehehe....

Comment

i think you give the dealer a 3mth backlog of work
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by marineguy8888 View Post
                          If can get 100 pcs order i can press with dealer for better prices .
                          And do you guys want the 6694s to be serviced or untouched ?
                          Serviced
                          运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Louis ,

Got few supporter for 6694 serviced i try to sound out the price range and if anybody else can get better price kindly post in this thread .

We need someone to design the 6694 maybe the words SGROC from indicator 8 to 4 ?

Need to get dealer to take out all the dials do servicing and need to find people to print on the dial .
                            1675/16610/116234/78240
                            Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
                            Hublot BB ASF
                            PAM 104J
                            Sinn 903 H2
                            Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
                            U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
                            If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

awaiting for the price and pics..hehehehe

Comment

if you have a sample, i can ask my printing contacts to do..... i suspect they would use pad printing depending on your color choice
                                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                                Blue 6694
                                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X