No announcement yet.

Limited Edition Forum Watch..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe somehow we can source out a semivintage 36mm oyster rolex and have dials made for that
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

agreed with armchair & triton...

either boh brand watch or hv a rolex... hahahaha

can we hv a rolex

anyway, check out this link for more special dial... http://www.network54.com/Forum/261063/

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        as mentioned before, i would still believe that no other brands other than rolex to be used.

putting the words on the dial should not be much of an issue.

do we believe in making minimum 100 pieces? is it necessary?

i understand that maybe it is better to work from scratch a watch, getting the movement, case, straps, etc. by the time all this is done, how much are we looking @? i have seen unpolished base ETA movements, can u accept those quality of workmanship? the price between unpolished and polished base ETA movements is about 300-400 min.

as raised before, 6694 is an ideal choice among most rolex due to its relatively lower price and most dials of this models have been re-make. can also source from overseas.

if the decision is use other brands than rolex for this forum, then sorry, count me out. im not interested. this forum is called SG-R(OLEX)OC not other brand. so why use other brand watch to do a commerative piece or limited edtion? does not make sense to me using another brand.

no doubt that we have members here who do not own a rolex, it is fine. we all welcome you. but we are talking about commerative/limited edition piece here.
        Eh? I tot tat was wat i meant??
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

this was discussed and put forth in another thread. just 'repeat' in case some no read my posts in other thread.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
          Eh? I tot tat was wat i meant??
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Bear in-mind that if you print on an original rolex face , RSC considers it no longer original and will insist you change the dial the next time you take it for servicing. That's what happened to the GMT-16700 editions printed as X1 commemerative in Japan.

In the spirit of the submariner...
            the other brand that is truly often worn by divers when they leave their subs at home, is Seiko.

How about the Seiko SKX007 automatic ?
            http://quartzimodo.files.wordpress.c...12-s-thumb.jpg
            Like the rolex, it is the latest incarnation in a long line of seiko divers that goes back to 1966. And it's cheap too.
            http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=165887

If you buy the non-Japan made version ... you can probably get it for about S$150-180 bulk purchase price.
            The japanese made one is a bit more (about S$250?).
            http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i...a/IMG_1126.jpg
            Japanese edition on presidential.

Being a seiko, it has its own following... and in future will keep its resale, just like the rolex.

There is also a choice of original and aftermarket:
            1) oyster bracelet - both folded and SEL
            2) jubilee bracelet- http://www.makedostudio.com/watches/...7_XL.sized.jpg
            3) presidential bracelet
            4) rubber strap.

... aftermarket bracelets start from about $25 for a folded steel and up to $150 for a solid oyster.

I feel the Seiko, like the rolex sub, is iconic. The design is simpler than many other watches...
            but in the same way, timeless. And like rolex - many aftermarket parts are available... and many custom shops do custom dials and hands.
            http://www.makedostudio.com/watches/seiko-divers/
            http://yeomanseiko.spaces.live.com/b...633!1487.entry
            http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=72696
            http://www.makedostudio.com/watches/...allery/album22

This is the most desirable variation - the SKX007J4 on solid oyster:
            http://bp3.blogger.com/_jfkbapVMd28/...00-h/Intro.jpg

My guess is, it may be possible to have a custom-printed standard SKX007 which ships with a rubber strap at maybe S$200-250, keeping it affordable for most people. Then users are free to go put on a bracelet of their choice if they like... and down the road, parts are easily available both from seiko and from 3rd party vendors.

And when you get tired of it ... it's also easy to resell a seiko diver. it may even rise in value.
            Last edited by keltzar; 18-07-08, 02:39 PM.

Comment

good idea!i like seikos too...esp the marinemaster....but price wise too steep for me..hahaha

http://www.makedostudio.com/watches/...ry/album29/mm1
              Last edited by keltzar; 18-07-08, 04:01 PM.
              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

SG-ROC = Singapore ROLEX Club
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

erm...if the cost is too steep then have to ponder very long..haha..whether to buy anot...somemore servicing will really be a head cracker when you have to deal with RSC...for rollies i only go to RSC for servicing....
                  Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

another suggestion, since homage MM can be found, why not a homage rolex?? or is the cost too high?
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

take it easy lah. some people dont think like we do. different people different views. we respect. that is why i said, if no rolex is used, i wont get one. simple.

SG-ROC = Singapore ROLEX Club
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

for those who dont mind alternation to the original 6694 dial, they can do so. for me, i will get another 6694 dial and work with it. in this way, i got 2 dials.

also those who dont want to go to RSC to service their rolex, they can do so @ other watch repairers where they are not so concerned about the aftermarket dials.

for me, i will purchase another dial and have it worked on. so that should i want to bring my watch back to RSC, i got both original and aftermarket to exchange.

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
                        Bear in-mind that if you print on an original rolex face , RSC considers it no longer original and will insist you change the dial the next time you take it for servicing. That's what happened to the GMT-16700 editions printed as X1 commemerative in Japan.

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

I think the situation now is quite messy,some are supporting a no brand watch,some a rolex watch.

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                          another suggestion, since homage MM can be found, why not a homage rolex?? or is the cost too high?
                          I dun like the idea of a homage rolex...feels fake to me though

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

This came to my mind. Ok, remember we have been talking about doing some decal/sticker and until now nothing is done? Or the t-shirt thingy?? See, something less complicated already got problem, let alone this watch thingy. Don't get me wrong but I see more potential for this watch project. Ok, if cost has been the main concern (can see quite obvious), and this is likely going to be a far more complex project, then let's do this:

Find one volunteer here who has extremely good connection with a local pre-own watch dealer. Throw him/her this proposal that we, SG-ROC, wishes to have XXX amount of ROLEX 6694. Set a dateline for him/her. Now, if this is going to be memorable and to make it worth the purchase/ownership, then let's do it at our next anniversary ! How's that?! So this means we have an almost 10-11 months to accomplish the project?

Advantage no. 1 : Gives more impact/meaning to own THE watch because it is given out/received on an anniversary date. We have been together for 2 YEARS (tearing now, so touching)!!!
                            Advantage no. 2 : Not very cheap though but not too expensive too. So for those feeling the pinch/need to save, you'll have 10-11mths to do so for maybe, $1.5k ONLY?! Attainable it seems?
                            Advantage no. 3 : For both parties, the pre-own watch dealer gets to earn and we get to buy the watch at a cheaper price (well, hopefully so ).
                            Advantage no. 4 : And if the networking is good with the dealer, we make another friend, have another source, and strike better deals in future!!!

More ideas guys?

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                              (...)I dun like the idea of a homage rolex...feels fake to me though
                              noted. maybe we can do dials for selected models
                              Blue 6694
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

This came to my mind. Ok, remember we have been talking about doing some decal/sticker and until now nothing is done? Or the t-shirt thingy?? See, something less complicated already got problem, let alone this watch thingy. Don't get me wrong but I see more potential for this watch project. Ok, if cost has been the main concern (can see quite obvious), and this is likely going to be a far more complex project, then let's do this:

Find one volunteer here who has extremely good connection with a local pre-own watch dealer. Throw him/her this proposal that we, SG-ROC, wishes to have XXX amount of ROLEX 6694. Set a dateline for him/her. Now, if this is going to be memorable and to make it worth the purchase/ownership, then let's do it at our next anniversary ! How's that?! So this means we have an almost 10-11 months to accomplish the project?

Advantage no. 1 : Gives more impact/meaning to own THE watch because it is given out/received on an anniversary date. We have been together for 2 YEARS (tearing now, so touching)!!!
                                Advantage no. 2 : Not very cheap though but not too expensive too. So for those feeling the pinch/need to save, you'll have 10-11mths to do so for maybe, $1.5k ONLY?! Attainable it seems?
                                Advantage no. 3 : For both parties, the pre-own watch dealer gets to earn and we get to buy the watch at a cheaper price (well, hopefully so ).
                                Advantage no. 4 : And if the networking is good with the dealer, we make another friend, have another source, and strike better deals in future!!!

More ideas guys?

Sounds good but I think we hav to place a deposit with the dealer?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X