Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once and for good... local or oversea set?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once upon a time, RSC did not charge (then followed by $70) for check/authenticating watches. Don't remember seeing many people going to do it (of course people were still buying and selling).

Nowadays, $107, yet people form beeline at RSC to authenticate.

Strange phenomenal. Is it because people's knowledge of what they buy is falling or RSC has up their skill?

Comment

Originally posted by jinchua View Post
      ...The best part is getting the watch verified, people will bargain with you over $10, but pay $100 to RSC and don't even know what they did to the watch. They just refuse to get it verified outside where the watch shop will open up the watch and show you the innards of it, there you get to see everything! Hahaha, interesting thread
      its the asian mindset. selling to asians most jialat one, because they will want to checked out at their watchmaker to ensure all checks out. want cheap, and still want risk free.

on the other hand, westerners tend to "buy the seller", this means that they dont mind paying slightly more if they can trust the seller.

of course you still get idiots who will get burnt regardless.
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Rolex watches are not those few hundred dollars seiko watches. Generally buyer would like to pay abit more to authenticate to have a safe of mind before buying from open market. There are many fake Rolex watches out there, who knows that one may buy one with genuine casing but fake internal movement if just checking external. The main diff between a local and overseas set is the purchase price, because of the significant vat rebate in europe.

Comment

i can't say it is due to people's knowledge lack of it or not.

once upon a time, the sale of warranty papers is not rampant partly because most papers are punched. it could be it is harder to get empty paper back then. now, you can purchase warranty papers bearing only the dealer's stamp and the rest of the fields left blank.

once upon a time, the fakes are easy to spot. nowadays, the good fake are getting tougher to distinguish from the genuine one. i was with a friend attending a watch event and we were conversing with one of the high profile watch horologist who said to my friend that the rolex on his wrist is a beauty, he even took the watch in hand and look @ it.

my friend later confess to me that the watch is fake. he bought the real one and fake one because he wanted to know how different inside is. from the external, the watch shows little signs that it is fake. the weight is pretty close the real one. after the event, i followed my friend to his house, goes on to open the case back and true enough it spots a fake moment as some internal parts are not signed. put it on a weighing scale of fake and original, the weight difference is about ~80g.

i dont fault buyers wanting to RSC authenticate watches for peace of mind.

i also agree that buyers can choose to adopt 'buy the seller' attitude, however different buyers have different mentalities

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
          Nowadays, $107, yet people form beeline at RSC to authenticate.
          Strange phenomenal. Is it because people's knowledge of what they buy is falling or RSC has up their skill?
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

This' a good, very clear and valid explanation which I often see it in the forum. But some people just don't get it. A good example is shown in a case that involved one of the senior members here. If you are keen, search for "edsonchan". He'd posted the case in the forum some time back.

So, pls think first before you even ask why people need to verify authenticity of a watch or if the watch is a local/foreign one. There are valid reasons to these questions. If you still can't accept it, don't sell watches, or in fact, any stuff online.
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

This is a double edge sword and both have their pros and cons.

Comment

i think if it's being recognise international then it would not make any diff

Comment

can anyone advise after checking RSC is there any form of cert / report?

Comment

local for me. unless i personally know that overseas dealer.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X