Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once and for good... local or oversea set?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does local/overseas AD affect price? *imo* no. but as with all things i own, i like to find out where the item originated from. and this is not just restricted to watches, but extends to cars, even the four round black things we call tyres .
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php...ht=#post344718
      [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/rolex-submariner-116619lb-021.jpg[/IMG]
      [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Rolex-Black-Dial-Daytona-116520.jpg[/IMG]
      [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Originals_23.jpg[/IMG]
      [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/IMG_0491.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

I also don't care local or overseas whether I am buying or selling. Same watch come from same factory. Which retail shop sell not important.

Unlike cars...got made in Japan or made in Thailand....but even that people also not so particular nowadays.

Like someone once said, if everyone likes local sets, then tourist won't buy from our shops liao.

Comment

I look at prices nia....come from which country ADs oso same to me....as long good condition and good price and REAL....
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

My guess is those who ask such question probably not sure how to verify the authenticity of a watch, hence the mentality is that local AD is a more reliable source and that overseas AD being an "unknown source" is less reliable...?
            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
              My guess is those who ask such question probably not sure how to verify the authenticity of a watch, hence the mentality is that local AD is a more reliable source and that overseas AD being an "unknown source" is less reliable...?
              My guess is seller use "Local AD" for higher price and buyer use "Overseas AD" to push down price.

Comment

another scenario i like to share in singapore is the watch is already posted as "brand new unworn n comes as complete set."
                next thing u will get is request for pictures,questions like "does it come with all the papers,straps etc...?
                sometimes all these questions really gets on your nerves! if u are really keen in the watch locally,u would wana look at the brand new watch in person rather than photos..

finally the best thing is u will get a lowball offer for a fast deal! i just dont quite understand whats all the "fast deal" about? LOL

Comment

For Local AD

seller expect higher selling price
                  comfort level better compared to overseas ad because buyer can associate.

Overseas AD

buyer expect lower selling price
                  comfort level lower compared to local ad because buyer unsure of the AD exists or not
                  buyer will likely want to go to service centre to authenticate

technically, watches as long as come from AD. it is the same. however, instruction manual may differ in terms of language.
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

a seller must be prepared to expect the unexpected. buyers will always ask different questions. no questions are ever silly.

to some people, local and overseas ad makes no difference. however to others, it makes a difference. different people have different buying experience. hence their comfort zone is different. i always go back to the same AD and/or gray dealers. why? because i have trust in them. however, i will put up my guard if i have to deal with a new gray dealer. not so for AD because i know they have a shop out front and they are not those fly by night operator. a gray dealer can be a fly by night. if anything goes wrong, how they find the seller?

further to that, has it not occurred that they are asking so that they can compare prices because the buyers have different sources of gray dealer? some gray dealer take from europe, some from asia and or other parts of the world. even in europe, the prices can differ.

Originally posted by mingwen View Post
                    i just dont understand why only buyers in singapore are fond of asking this silly question whether the watch is local or overseas AD? i dont mean to sound rude but sometimes questions like these really pissed me off.. really buay ta han!
                    whats the difference if the watch is bought in hong kong or europe?
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Unless one has really well travelled the world, it is not surprising that people will want to ask if the set is Oversea AD and even from which country. In terms of comfort level, i would say...

1. Local AD (just because you can see that the shop is real)
                      2. Overseas AD from mature markets (ie. Europe, US)
                      3. Overseas AD from less mature markets (ie middle east, SEA)
                      4. Overseas watch shop in mature (eg. like the ones in HK)
                      5. Overseas watch shop in less developed markets (ie. China...) --> frankly, i will not even consider..

Comment

Agree...

Comment

Originally posted by mingwen View Post
                          finally the best thing is u will get a lowball offer for a fast deal! i just dont quite understand whats all the "fast deal" about? LOL
                          I think the problem here is the lowball not the "fast deal". It is very common that a buyer makes a counter offer with the commitment to seal the deal fast. Some of us have experienced and heard times and again that buyer made an offer and then changed his mind days later before the meet-up, or went missing in the air, hence an offer to deal immediately or ASAP would be considered as a plus point for some sellers, or at least for me.

The longer the waiting time between agreeing to deal and meeting up to deal = more uncertainties = higher chance of loss of opportunities for seller

I am not encouraging buyers to rush into buying decision, though

Comment

Originally posted by Keith8896 View Post
                            My guess is seller use "Local AD" for higher price and buyer use "Overseas AD" to push down price.
                            u r right in this. Also i think the warr is valid worldwide so no issue bah.

Comment

I differ. If I am paying for a Rolex, I should be able to ask whatever questions I want to feel comfortable to make the purchase. We are not talking abt a Casio here.....

Comment

Hahaha, get this question all the time.
                                I am curious to know why people ask this question, no offense, anyone can ask any question, i am just curious that's all.
                                Gonna start a thread on "an encounter with the many question kind"

The only thing i can figure out is this:
                                I guess some people think that a Rolex from sg ad is better, cos it is made or assembled in Orchard Road.
                                But an overseas Rolex might be made or assembled in some kampong.

Come'on, a rolex is a rolex, a patek is a patek, as long as it is genuine, ad doesn't really matter.

The best part is getting the watch verified, people will bargain with you over $10, but pay $100 to RSC and don't even know what they did to the watch. They just refuse to get it verified outside where the watch shop will open up the watch and show you the innards of it, there you get to see everything! Hahaha, interesting thread

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X