No announcement yet.

Forum project watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if really want to do, can try with the 6694. basic entry about 1300 can get. then just add the words on it. after all, this model quite easily got after market dials. we dont need to bring it to RSC to service as most of these watches are serviced outside
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Erm want to use real rolex ah?

Stress :P

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        if really want to do, can try with the 6694. basic entry about 1300 can get. then just add the words on it. after all, this model quite easily got after market dials. we dont need to bring it to RSC to service as most of these watches are serviced outside
        Not a bad choice. I guess if we guys buys so many 6694 in the local market for our forum thingy.
        Price will SHOOT UP ! Whahaha.. ...

Originally posted by Wisingapore View Post
        Wow, you guys are actually picking up on the idea

A word of caution tho... Rolex homages or homages of any sort must be done carefully and tastefully to avoid issues with being branded as fakes, or even worse being sued for passing off.. That is in fact one of the main reason why RXW is no longer making their MM watches.

I am thinking that if we intend to go ahead with this project, we should take some time to think about the design...

Cost is another issue.... Obviously the more number of pieces we make the cheaper the watch would be... In a similar way, the more stock items (cases, hands, dials) we use, the cheaper it gets...

I would not recommend doing so many at a shot... Perhaps one a year at most... let it be properly designed and well done...

How abt something like this "LRRP" ??? MKII is doing a soft launch on this model and a MASS ORDER will probably bring it lower ??? Having "SG Type R" (Is it interesting ???) or "SGROC" name on the dial ???
        http://www.mkiiwatches.com/WSWrapper...ypage=cu01.htm

Probably can contact Bill Yao on the model "LRRP" for the possiblility on the customisation of the dial.
        Last edited by kermit e froggy; 13-07-08, 12:10 AM.
        the Trails and the Ocean !

Comment

I had a look at the LRRP. Its a great watch, but I dun quite think the price is justified. I would sooner use a vintage rollie.

But I am thinking of something more ambitious. How about a reproduction of the rolex kampswimmers... Those are afterall not produced anymore and there is little chance of confusion

Comment

I had a look at the LRRP. Its a great watch, but I dun quite think the price is justified. I would sooner use a vintage rollie.

But I am thinking of something more ambitious. How about a reproduction of the rolex kampswimmers... Those are afterall not produced anymore and there is little chance of confusion
            That is an EXCELLENT SUGGESTION bro!
            My friend went and made a MM of his own with angelus movements etc!

Id take a stowa airman too
            There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy

Comment

this is a rolex forum. nothing else. anyway, quite easy to get after market dials to 'play' with. paint the face blue, put on the words SG-ROC in red. why not?

Erm want to use real rolex ah?

Stress :P
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I'm of the opinion yes and no. Yes, it has to be no other brand except ROLEX but it is an expensive watch to be a project watch. So, no if it has to be a real ROLEX watch that is going to cost even more than $500. If any of u guys r free, try visit a watch shop at Parklane Mall (beside Peace Ctr). The shop's facing the main road. There are several entry level European brands and their watches are pretty unique. Prices are in their hundreds and not more than a thousand (I guess). They are mere 'fun watches' and designed very uniquely.

One particular brand (I forgot name) produced hommage watches for brands like ROLEX, AP, etc. Though not 100% look like, the designs carry off the hommage pieces very well and original (original in their own design). You'll know when you see it yourself. And if anyone is going, look at the Sub LV hommage. Quite interesting.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Good morning Everyone, how's breakfast today. I am so keen on this Project and after logging on the forum. I couldn't believe what I see. A Reproduction of Rolex Kampswimmers ! bInGo !!! Someone struck the Jackpot last night ! I Love the Idea ! How abt having 6694 mov't in the Kampswimmer Case ??? WE can still have Date feature at 4 o'clock ???
                  the Trails and the Ocean !

Comment

U guys serious about a Rollie homage? If so, what about Invicta watches. Lots of homage models and quite affordable as well. Whats the general budget like?

The Invicta Pro Diver LE is nice and should be relatively affordable (http://watchtalkworld.proboards84.co...6&page=1#11994)
                    Last edited by sys12345; 13-07-08, 12:55 PM.
                    sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

nice a forum project watch , guys if this project aint restricted to rolex, i think i would suggest approaching azimuth ? maybe they might be willing to help out . But then again this is a rolex forum afterall, a rolex of sort seems to be appropriate. Will be looking out for this

Comment

Actually... if any bros here got contacts with watch manfacturer would be great.. no need extreme, etc.. juz need a basic model watch... dunno if we can have engraving on the back with limited numbers..

But i believe this would drive up the price also... numbers also important.. as how many would be interested..
                        A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Guys... Some further thoughts...

I have seen the 'special' editions of rolexes and franken rolexes and my personal view of these so far is that they are hideous most of the time... (of course there is a good chance we can do better than the saudi kings).

And rolexes as they are, are so perfectly built, I would be rather apprehensive about messing about with them, movements, cases or dials. Same for using overtly recognisable current production rolex designs and the rolex names... I am sure rolex montres sa would not approve no matter what kind intentions we have. Further, there is the issue of cost (and serviceablilty)...

I would suggest (subject to practical considerations that will be discussed later) that we go with a forum inspired design, a well built case and good but perhaps standard movements (ETA or as with Azimuth, vintage movements)...

For the case, we can use standard blanks (see TZ watchmaking school) or customised cases (see watch projects done in conjunction with makers like stowa, vostok, steinhart, timefactors). Standard cases would be of course much cheaper (The vintage kampfswimmer would use a similar case as used by some of the current homage watches) and would cost less (less issues with minimum order quantity, etc.)

For the dial, I think there must be some forum inspired design and not just plonking in the forum logo..

Finally, we will need someone we can work with who is willing to execute the watch into a do-able design... For this I am thinking of our local watch making heros at Azimuth/Gnomon Watches...

Let me have your thoughts...

Comment

I can ask eddie of timefactors... if anyone has good contact with stowa or sinn, would be good too...

Issue is with minimum quantity... (I would imagine 200 pieces at least).. Do we have that kind of quantity?

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                            Actually... if any bros here got contacts with watch manfacturer would be great.. no need extreme, etc.. juz need a basic model watch... dunno if we can have engraving on the back with limited numbers..

But i believe this would drive up the price also... numbers also important.. as how many would be interested..

Comment

Yes. Cost is main factor for some here.
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Lets make a list and see which members are keen to get the ball rolling .
                                I mean no point if we cannot secure a mininum number.

As for the ,model and make of the watch, factors such as support, budget are also important.
                                SRC is bad dealer !

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X