No announcement yet.

Cortina Watch Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the contrary, my encounters are different from yours. In most cases, I received better services from the locals as compared to the 'foreign talents'.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• i think these days customer service is a hit and miss affair. even in oz, you will get some lazy SAs.

had one SA tell me that the cyclops on rolex's are *german accent* "very rare!" my friend said; next time you tell him, man with penis also very rare
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• Originally posted by steven loi View Post
        Cortina service standard change? Was there on Tuesday,lol. A ah Beng SA serve me, quite well verse in his English command. Chatted a lot with him as he carry the same name as me. Was quoted a nice price for the green hulk though.
        hi bro, if u dont mind, can PM me the name of the SA and the shop location, who sold u the green hulk ? can also PM the price of your gren hulk? thanks thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
          but why mandarin? last i checked in singapore the main 4 languages included english; then if i cant speak mandarin how? hokkien ay sai buey? does that mean i have to put up with substandard service?
          can be any language so long as the intention is communicated albeit english is the business language. it is a tricky business, disclosure requirememnt (or honest advice) if not percieved positively, could be construed as sacasticism.
          Daytona 116519 Meteorite, 16528 MK3 dia
          Reb Sub 1680 MK2 x 2, mk4, MK6 BP ,116613LB Dia, 16610LV MK1
          GMT 1675 Pepsi MK1, GILT BP,GMT 16753 Nipple Mocha x2 bp
          GMT II 16760 Coke FAT Lady, 16758 nipple
          DD 6611B x 2, 1803 RG, wide boy
          DD 18038 Dia, 18039, 18308 dia
          , 18238 malachite
          DJ 6520, 6605, 6581, 1601/1603 x 6, 16220/30/34 cream
          AP 15300 Black
          Tudor 7016 small rose gilt dial
          GP 18k RG
          IWC Port 3714 Chrono
          Chronoswiss Skeleton
          Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

• Juz to share my experience, sorry for the lengthy wordings............. I have being to a few stores, so far the service I got is fairly okay. Like some of us feel that we need to be potential buyers (perhaps we should wear a lot of bling bling) to attract some attention. What I feel is there are always good and bad SAs even though sometimes they are from the same stores, it depends whether we are "heng" or not to meet those good SAs.

Dickson @ Suntec, I was quite well served by one of the female SA, she is veri friendly and patient with me, which I got my first rolex from her. However, there also bad SA who dun bother about my existence. The store is fairly empty when I walked in for most of the scenario.
            Dickson @ Wisma, nothing worth much mentioning until u have present urself as a "potential" buyer. The shop was fairly empty when I went in.
            THG @ Ngee Ann, I dun realli like this store mainly becoz they are veri rigid in "negotiation", maybe like some of our bros said, I was "looked no up"? Or could it be the store was overwhelmed with people (especially tourists?), and that's why the attention given to me is limited?
            Cortina @ Raffles (Rolex) - average service, again we have to prove that we are "potential" buyer in order to get some attention. The shop was fairly empty when I went in.
            Sincere @ Ngee Ann, I was looking for Panerai 111 or 000 (for collection). The shop was fairly empty when I went in, most of the SAs are busy talking among themselves, however I was still being greeted by one of the sales guy who is quite helpful. He explained that if I wanna to purchase those PAM models, I might need to wait at least 6months due to a long waiting list. Although he opened the door for me upon exiting, however he forgot to ask me whether I am still interested in those models and get my contact details.

So far, I am very impressed with Rolex @ Ion. I feel that their services are good and they are helpful and attentive even when the shop is crowded with a lot of people. I was looking for my Sub ND, all the SAs are been occupied with customers. One of the SAs caught my attention becoz I saw he explaining to a couple on a few Rolex models patiently, hence I decided to wait for him to serve me. The male customer was trying on them (those sport models), chatting with his wife/galfriend and then keep swapping them around on his hand. After > 30 mins of waiting, the couple decided to walk out of the shop "empty handed". So I decided to walk up to the sales guy and ask him to show me the Sub ND. Despite of the earli disappointment, the sales guy did not give me any attitude problem or black face but he requested to drink some water before serving me becoz he has talking to the previous couple for more than 90 mins. He tried to show me to two empty seats, and before my galfriend n myself can sit down, there are 2 guys rush onto our seats and like "drooling" at the watches showcase. Feeling a bit awkward, the SA show us to their VIP room and offer some water, and ask how can he assist me. The following is our conversation :-
            Me : How much are u selling the Sub ND after discount?
            Sales Guy : it will be XXXX dollars
            Me : Can I pay it via cash or credit card?
            Sales Guy : the payment can be done either cash or credit card - your preference
            Me : Do you have a new Sub ND apart from the one on display?
            Sales Guy : Yes.
            Me : Can you get me that new Sub ND? Thank You.
            The whole conversation and transaction take less than 10 mins. :P

Although it is easier to be said than done, we should not be overly upset with those poor attitude SAs since we are the customers. If you dun like their behaviour or attitude, juz walked out from the store. No point feeling frustrated, it will only make us unhappier.

Comment

• Tx for sharing. I've read. But were you really, really in the shop for "90 mins" ? Or were they (staff+customers) really, really talking for "90 mins"
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by Milgauss74 View Post

Although it is easier to be said than done, we should not be overly upset with those poor attitude SAs since we are the customers. If you dun like their behaviour or attitude, juz walked out from the store. No point feeling frustrated, it will only make us unhappier.
                Yah, after going to most watch shops in SG. I think its your luck whether u get good or poor service. It depends on the individual SA and also the branch manager.

But what I can't tahan is the SA trying to smoke u out. Kena a few times before, esp wrt to price and watch knowledge.

Like what Bro Seiko.citizen also experienced - "had one SA tell me that the cyclops on rolex's are *german accent* "very rare!" my friend said; next time you tell him, man with penis also very rare "

Comment

• come to think of it, last year when i was just months out of army, i was outside AP boutique at raffles city. i was interested in a 15300 but was just admiring the other watches on display outside. a friendly sales girl invited me in. (i was wearing t shirt and shorts + my rolex DJ only). then i explained to her that im interested in the 15300. she said they dont have stock but suggested the 15202 instead. patiently explained to me the differences and brought it out for me to try too. very impressed with that. if i remember correctly she quite chio. HAHA. OT!

Comment

• Clearly stated by you, "my rolex DJ only", she must've spotted that and derived that you are a watch lover/collector of sort. Another likely reason is your good looks lor ..
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Not all AD in singapore judge u what u wear. I wore cheap t-shirt and bermuda and sanda to Orchard HG and they still serve me well even before closing the deal with them.

Comment

• Wow man, army boy also can wear rolex. Young people simply got too much money nowadays.

Eveyone would sure encounter some good and bad services. I went to Cortina at Millenia Walk early part of this years. I was dress in my usual Levis jeans/T-shirt/BALL watch and the staffs there were quite nice. I was just looking at Cartier and I told the salesman outright that I can not afford anything from Cartier. But the salesman was polite and entertained me. He even shoved me some Cartier ladies mini-catalogue.

Recently(like a few weeks back), I went to Cortina at Ion Orchard to oggle at the new BALL watches, after being poisoned by TamWL new BALL lume shots. I was in my bermudas/T-shirt and my usual BALL watch. I told the salesman upfront that I am not buying any watches but he even insisted me to try the watches.

Maybe if you look at watch like rolex, AP, PP and VC in the ADs. The salesperson there, maybe would be a bit see you no-up if you dress a bit not so smart-e.g wearing slipper and etc. What to do man, wear BALL cannonball (cost me more than plus/minus 4k) also kana say by people that it is a cheap watch. What do you expect the salesperson to treat you when you dun dress nice to see expensive watches.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                          Tx for sharing. I've read. But were you really, really in the shop for "90 mins" ? Or were they (staff+customers) really, really talking for "90 mins"
                          Yup.... I have to say that I was being "quite" patient that day to wait for that sales guy..... but then, maybe I am kpo becoz I wanna to know which Rolex model would that couple get eventually. :P

Comment

• Hi Guys,

I would like to share about my experience too. I was wearing a Polo T-shirt, Jean and wearing my Swatch. I went to Hour Glass (Millenia Walk), Cortina (Millenia Walk), Dickson Watch (Suntec), Sincere (Suntec).

1st Class Service= Hour Glass & Cortina at Millenia Walk.
                            Remark: They are serve me very well, and show me a large range of watch. I am impressed with them.

2nd Class Service= Sincere at Suntec
                            Remark: The service is not matching to their name. But they did show me a couple of watches since no other customer in the shop.

Worst Service= Dickson Watch at Suntec
                            Remark: This is the worst. They only serve customer who are in proper attire. They don't bother to attend you, the young sale man super proud. Not to discriminate his job but at least he must do his part to intro the watch. This is the worst shop.

I would like to advise the sale man in Dickson Watch, Suntec on 01/04/11 at about 1930hrs (if he saw this post) that the man in Polo T-shirt, Jean and wearing Swatch, had bought a Omega Speedmaster Professional from Hour Glass.

Comment

• Show us some pictures of your new love...

Originally posted by skydiver View Post
                              Hi Guys,

I would like to share about my experience too. I was wearing a Polo T-shirt, Jean and wearing my Swatch. I went to Hour Glass (Millenia Walk), Cortina (Millenia Walk), Dickson Watch (Suntec), Sincere (Suntec).

1st Class Service= Hour Glass & Cortina at Millenia Walk.
                              Remark: They are serve me very well, and show me a large range of watch. I am impressed with them.

2nd Class Service= Sincere at Suntec
                              Remark: The service is not matching to their name. But they did show me a couple of watches since no other customer in the shop.

Worst Service= Dickson Watch at Suntec
                              Remark: This is the worst. They only serve customer who are in proper attire. They don't bother to attend you, the young sale man super proud. Not to discriminate his job but at least he must do his part to intro the watch. This is the worst shop.

I would like to advise the sale man in Dickson Watch, Suntec on 01/04/11 at about 1930hrs (if he saw this post) that the man in Polo T-shirt, Jean and wearing Swatch, had bought a Omega Speedmaster Professional from Hour Glass.

Comment

• So far my worst experience is at WOS Vivo. The first thing when I walked into their shop, all their SE's eyes stare at what you wear on your wrist. Then came the bo chap attitude. Did not even bother to bring out the watches from their showcase even when you show interest... Eventually I bought it from Sincere Vivo.

In the drawer
                                R 6694 / TH 3000 / R 79240 / R 16610 V / B Aviator / O PO / R 178341 /
                                L Pilot Miyota Type-B / G Incursore / FC Healey

NIB Omega Planet Ocean 42mm for sale.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X