No announcement yet.

Cortina Watch Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok to share mine experience, whenever I visit a watch shop, all the sales would scan whats on my wrist first, after seeing, they will talk and give me better service. Not to say Im wearing a very expensive watch or what but they know that you like watches and may have potential to buy. So far not too bad but my recent experience of buying the 2 rollies got me thinking.

On 19th Oct 2010, before I start I was wearing my swatch. I was looking around for my deepsea and a datejust for the wifey, so we went to THG at Ngee Ann City, pretty alright la the service, it was a young lady serving me but alas the discount was dismal 5% nia so we thanked her and went on our way. Now we went to ION, the Rolex store near the side entrance, I went in the guy scanned my wrist and didnt say anything but asked how can I help U sir? So I said Im looking for deepsea, whats the price? Immediately he said oh 13413 and NO discount bcos its very popular and everywhere is low on stocks. The watch on display has been reserved and we cannot show you the watch. If you want, we can order for you. So I thanked him and went on my way before arriving at THG Lucky Plaza. The staff there also same pattern, it was only when I said ok I buy this and that, then the service became much better.

Well I guess too many ppl never buy but go inside try this try that and caused the attitude of the staff to become like this but I also feel there are many sales ppl like them who see ppl no up and give attitude.

Just like I have some friends who go around car dealerships on weekends just to test drive cars for fun with no intention of buying, so I can understand from the sales ppl point of view but they should NOT see ppl no up! Thats wrong sales attitude!
    Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

• No lah... I think most of Singaporeans get this wrong... salesperson doesn't see ppl no up, they are also salary-based workers earning a living, how can they see ppl no up??? They ain't the boss of THG... maybe you ppl say so and so boss see ppl no up, I believe.... I think it is THE ATTIUTIDE of people who walk into this shop who think that they got look down by ppl... I don't think ppl look me down when I was not served, I just feel they don't want to do business.... just lazy salesperson who shouldn't be in this industry... if you really have the intention to buy, show them, if they still don't wanna serve, then just walk away loh... walk around and get the best deal....

I think face is given by your own self not other ppl, if you wear a T-shirt and shorts and walk into a shop and act like a BIG BOSS, nobody will give your face... be polite, ppl will be polite to you.... cheers...

Originally posted by tsetse View Post
      Ok to share mine experience, whenever I visit a watch shop, all the sales would scan whats on my wrist first, after seeing, they will talk and give me better service. Not to say Im wearing a very expensive watch or what but they know that you like watches and may have potential to buy. So far not too bad but my recent experience of buying the 2 rollies got me thinking.

On 19th Oct 2010, before I start I was wearing my swatch. I was looking around for my deepsea and a datejust for the wifey, so we went to THG at Ngee Ann City, pretty alright la the service, it was a young lady serving me but alas the discount was dismal 5% nia so we thanked her and went on our way. Now we went to ION, the Rolex store near the side entrance, I went in the guy scanned my wrist and didnt say anything but asked how can I help U sir? So I said Im looking for deepsea, whats the price? Immediately he said oh 13413 and NO discount bcos its very popular and everywhere is low on stocks. The watch on display has been reserved and we cannot show you the watch. If you want, we can order for you. So I thanked him and went on my way before arriving at THG Lucky Plaza. The staff there also same pattern, it was only when I said ok I buy this and that, then the service became much better.

Well I guess too many ppl never buy but go inside try this try that and caused the attitude of the staff to become like this but I also feel there are many sales ppl like them who see ppl no up and give attitude.

Just like I have some friends who go around car dealerships on weekends just to test drive cars for fun with no intention of buying, so I can understand from the sales ppl point of view but they should NOT see ppl no up! Thats wrong sales attitude!

Comment

• Originally posted by 116520 View Post
        be polite, ppl will be polite to you.... cheers...[/B]
        Well said...
        People like to deal with friendly customer as well.

Comment

No lah... I think most of Singaporeans get this wrong... salesperson doesn't see ppl no up, they are also salary-based workers earning a living, how can they see ppl no up??? They ain't the boss of THG... maybe you ppl say so and so boss see ppl no up, I believe.... I think it is THE ATTIUTIDE of people who walk into this shop who think that they got look down by ppl... I don't think ppl look me down when I was not served, I just feel they don't want to do business.... just lazy salesperson who shouldn't be in this industry... if you really have the intention to buy, show them, if they still don't wanna serve, then just walk away loh... walk around and get the best deal....

I think face is given by your own self not other ppl, if you wear a T-shirt and shorts and walk into a shop and act like a BIG BOSS, nobody will give your face... be polite, ppl will be polite to you.... cheers...
          I fully agree to a point.

Service is about attiutide or lack off good attiutide to be precise. No matter what a potential customer wears or look, it does not mean he will buy something or not. My God-mom is a real old school lady, whom never buys anything expensive for herself. But I went with her to Sincere & LV about 2 months ago to buy gifts for her kids, she was wearing "auntie" cloths like the ones you see in wet market. When she went in nobody and I mean NOBODY even bother to look at her, it was like she was invisible (I joked with her later that she could swipe a couple of stuff and no one would notice). I was pretty pissed by it and asked her to leave, but her words were "even if they are bad sales stuff, we came all the way here to buy the gifts so don't mind them". Now I have no idea how much she was going to spend, but I did tell her I'll use my credit card first if she need. Her reply was a simple "no need". Choose what she wanted took out a stack of 1K notes and ask the SAs (rather loudly) if she can buy the items. I have to say I have never seen a faster change of attitute in my life.

Final words from her to me was "Money talks, bull**** walks"

Love the lady

Comment

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
            Its a fine line between giving good customer service, and entertaining people who may cost you a sale.
            100% agreed!!
            1 3 5
            ├┼┼╕
            2 4 6 R

Comment

• Your God-mom is RIGHT! When you have the intention to buy, SHOW THEM THE MONEY and expect GOOD service... if no intention to buy, don't act like a KING....

Originally posted by lighthand View Post

Service is about attiutide or lack off good attiutide to be precise. No matter what a potential customer wears or look, it does not mean he will buy something or not. My God-mom is a real old school lady, whom never buys anything expensive for herself. But I went with her to Sincere & LV about 2 months ago to buy gifts for her kids, she was wearing "auntie" cloths like the ones you see in wet market. When she went in nobody and I mean NOBODY even bother to look at her, it was like she was invisible (I joked with her later that she could swipe a couple of stuff and no one would notice). I was pretty pissed by it and asked her to leave, but her words were "even if they are bad sales stuff, we came all the way here to buy the gifts so don't mind them". Now I have no idea how much she was going to spend, but I did tell her I'll use my credit card first if she need. Her reply was a simple "no need". Choose what she wanted took out a stack of 1K notes and ask the SAs (rather loudly) if she can buy the items. I have to say I have never seen a faster change of attitute in my life.

Love the lady

Comment

• Originally posted by tsetse View Post
                Ok to share mine experience, whenever I visit a watch shop, all the sales would scan whats on my wrist first, after seeing, they will talk and give me better service. Not to say Im wearing a very expensive watch or what but they know that you like watches and may have potential to buy. So far not too bad but my recent experience of buying the 2 rollies got me thinking.

I have friends who go to car dealership during their lunchtime to test drive for fun WITHOUT ANY INTENTION to buy or change car in the next 5yrs or so. Why waste saleman's time and it may even cost them a sale if they miss a serious buyer bcos of you test driving. Haizzz..
                1 3 5
                ├┼┼╕
                2 4 6 R

Comment

• Originally posted by lighthand View Post

Love the lady
                  Kinda sounds like my auntie she is also that type of person. But if she walk to the bank, she lines up in the priority line. Sometimes you can actually see people looking thinking "she is in the wrong line"
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• You will see lots of such aunties inside OCBC Premier Banking @ Orchard MRT station... I am not surprised... but most of them ask for free cookies and coffee... ha ha...
                    Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                    Kinda sounds like my auntie she is also that type of person. But if she walk to the bank, she lines up in the priority line. Sometimes you can actually see people looking thinking "she is in the wrong line"

Comment

You will see lots of such aunties inside OCBC Premier Banking @ Orchard MRT station... I am not surprised... but most of them ask for free cookies and coffee... ha ha...
                      I think we have alot to learn from them in terms of saving.

But getting abit OT here... I believe sales stuff should provide a level of service that both shows their professional attitude as well as a certain amount of pride in what they are doing.

And just to remind all, with respect to my case with Cortina Raffles. I went in there and ask for a specific make and model and nothing else, that in itself should have gotten any real SA attention that I'm really looking to buy.

I hate to say this but the truth of the matter is if you are going to buy a 10k plus watch, what's a few hundred more or less going to make? Will you still want it? A watch is a luxury item not a sure win investment, so there's no rational from the buyers perspective. One of the things we were thought in Spin Selling was to know your target customer base and their emotional/mental process.

Comment

• Spin selling?? Maybe you can teach some of the SA how to tahan after serving customers from China then SPIN AROUND and face another group of "Act-like Big Boss" local customers.... ha ha ha...

Originally posted by lighthand View Post
                        I think we have alot to learn from them in terms of saving.

But getting abit OT here... I believe sales stuff should provide a level of service that both shows their professional attitude as well as a certain amount of pride in what they are doing.

And just to remind all, with respect to my case with Cortina Raffles. I went in there and ask for a specific make and model and nothing else, that in itself should have gotten any real SA attention that I'm really looking to buy.

I hate to say this but the truth of the matter is if you are going to buy a 10k plus watch, what's a few hundred more or less going to make? Will you still want it? A watch is a luxury item not a sure win investment, so there's no rational from the buyers perspective. One of the things we were thought in Spin Selling was to know your target customer base and their emotional/mental process.

Comment

No lah... I think most of Singaporeans get this wrong... salesperson doesn't see ppl no up, they are also salary-based workers earning a living, how can they see ppl no up??? They ain't the boss of THG... maybe you ppl say so and so boss see ppl no up, I believe.... I think it is THE ATTIUTIDE of people who walk into this shop who think that they got look down by ppl... I don't think ppl look me down when I was not served, I just feel they don't want to do business.... just lazy salesperson who shouldn't be in this industry... if you really have the intention to buy, show them, if they still don't wanna serve, then just walk away loh... walk around and get the best deal....

Actually I very nice one, friendly also. But maybe the sales person not in the best of mood ba....
                          Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

Your God-mom is RIGHT! When you have the intention to buy, SHOW THEM THE MONEY and expect GOOD service... if no intention to buy, don't act like a KING....
                            moi agree with you.

thats why ever since I found this forum with cheaper alternatives, I stopped gg into ADs. Cos don wanna waste their time
                            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

• Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                              moi agree with you.

thats why ever since I found this forum with cheaper alternatives, I stopped gg into ADs. Cos don wanna waste their time
                              Wow, you're still awake ah?! Anyways, well said Bro! It seems some AD staff act as if we're wasting their time, so might as well cultivate better friendships by buying from the Bros & Sis on this forum! The time spent more meaningful, the prices better, the characters met more interesting...but maybe less chio bu to see lah, some ADs got quite chio ones working there, haha...
                              Sweet 16:
                              PP Aquanaut
                              VC Overseas
                              AP ROO Black Themes
                              A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                              Breguet Type XXI
                              Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                              JLC Navy Seals
                              GO Senator 60s
                              GP Laureato
                              Zenith Pilot Extra Special
                              Rolex DSSD
                              IWC Big Pilot
                              Pam 112
                              Omega Ploprof
                              Breitling Super Avenger
                              Glycine F104

Comment

• ha ha... sometimes nice guys got bullied... so next time bring a box of cash and bring along our bro Triton to "act" like your bodyguard, I am sure you will get good service....

Originally posted by tsetse View Post
                                Actually I very nice one, friendly also. But maybe the sales person not in the best of mood ba....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X