Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~Shopping--Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Clinic~~

Does this happen to you?

If you have ANY of the following symptoms...

1) See your watch/bag/wallet/acceories/clothes collection grow bigger and you feel better?
    2) Pay more than $500 for a timepiece which does not tell accurate time instead of a timepiece that costs $100 that tells accurate time?
    3) Pay more than $100 for a polo tee when giodano sells it for $20?
    4) Buy a diamond instead of a swarovski which looks the same?
    5) Buy a wallet that is worth more money than what it's holding?
    6) Buy a designer gold ring instead of a ring from the goldsmith?
    7) Buy a designer bag for 2k when you can buy a similar one for $200?

You qualify as a patient at our clinic!

So guys/gals...pls fall in...
    Last edited by Darkangel; 06-07-08, 10:58 AM.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Number 1 patient reporting in...hahahahaha
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Luckily not all symptoms...HENG AHHH!

Comment

Sharks similar thread on rolex in general. Hahaha

Actually its not really OCD.

OCD got obsessions and compulsions.

Obsessions are recurrent persistent and intrusive thoughts that are basically ego-dystonic. Its more than basic worries. And its resisted. Common themes are contamination, checking, counting... U see pple enjoy buying expensive stuffs, hence its ego-syntonic and its not resisted.

Compulsions are basically rituals, that are according to some rigid rules, or to relieve the anxiety associated with the obsessions. Hence its things like hand washings.

Buying expensive things qualify more as an addiction. There is tolerance - u need more and more expensive stuffs to get the same high. There are withdrawal symptoms. The person finds it difficulty to cut down the habit, but instead use up more and more time to engage in the habit. And continue to do so despite the harm.
        Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

I kena liao lor.. hundred over dollars polos buy like nobody's business when hang ten sells $8 per pcs.
          "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Diamond how can compare to crystal?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icecream View Post

Does ur diamond comes with GIA cert?
              "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

1) See your watch/bag/wallet/acceories/clothes collection grow bigger and you feel better? YES
                2) Pay more than $500 for a timepiece which does not tell accurate time instead of a timepiece that costs $100 that tells accurate time? YES
                3) Pay more than $100 for a polo tee when giodano sells it for $20? SOMETIMES
                4) Buy a diamond instead of a swarovski which looks the same? NO
                5) Buy a wallet that is worth more money than what it's holding? NO
                6) Buy a designer gold ring instead of a ring from the goldsmith? NO

Out of 6 questions, only 2.5 I answered YES. Hence, I'm normal
                [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
                [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
                [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
                [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
                [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
                [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

Here's mine:

1) YES. Nt just better but simply satisfying...
                  2) NO. Nt up to that stage yet.
                  3) NO. I'll still go for the cheaper one.
                  4) YES. Diamonds and crystals are of diff standing.
                  5) NO. As long as there's money inside my wallet, a $10 wallet oso can.
                  6) NO. Any gold ring that I find nice, goldsmith/designer, I'll still buy.

Am I ok?
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Hi, pleased to meet you all.
                    I am a unwilling victim, there's nothing I can do about my disorder.
                    Resistance is painful and futile.
                    Pam 232
                    Pam 164
                    Pam 49

Comment

Darkie.... save me!!!... pull me back from the dark side..
                      A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

1) See your watch/bag/wallet/acceories/clothes collection grow bigger and you feel better? yes
                        2) Pay more than $500 for a timepiece which does not tell accurate time instead of a timepiece that costs $100 that tells accurate time? yes
                        3) Pay more than $100 for a polo tee when giodano sells it for $20? sometimes
                        4) Buy a diamond instead of a swarovski which looks the same?yes
                        5) Buy a wallet that is worth more money than what it's holding?sometimess
                        6) Buy a designer gold ring instead of a ring from the goldsmith? no, but i dont buy rings maybe the occasional bracelet etc.
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                          Number 1 patient reporting in...hahahahaha
                          Welcome

Luckily not all symptoms...HENG AHHH!
                          Note the...ANY I added 1 more symptom for u

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post
                          Sharks similar thread on rolex in general. Hahaha

Actually its not really OCD.

OCD got obsessions and compulsions.

Obsessions are recurrent persistent and intrusive thoughts that are basically ego-dystonic. Its more than basic worries. And its resisted. Common themes are contamination, checking, counting... U see pple enjoy buying expensive stuffs, hence its ego-syntonic and its not resisted.

Compulsions are basically rituals, that are according to some rigid rules, or to relieve the anxiety associated with the obsessions. Hence its things like hand washings.

Buying expensive things qualify more as an addiction. There is tolerance - u need more and more expensive stuffs to get the same high. There are withdrawal symptoms. The person finds it difficulty to cut down the habit, but instead use up more and more time to engage in the habit. And continue to do so despite the harm.
                          Hahaha I read that on Wiki too.

Well..the obsession in buying things...if u have to be specific,we are obssessed in counting the number of watches we have and the checking if all our watches are there.

Compulsion in buying things...you buy again and again and again when u see something you like

heheh...of course the CC limit and bank account limit is the thing that can hold it for awhile. Suppose you dun borrow money.

Comment

Originally posted by Nooch View Post
                            I kena liao lor.. hundred over dollars polos buy like nobody's business when hang ten sells $8 per pcs.
                            Hehehe...I also

Well...we must look from an average person who knows nuts about diamonds and anything that sparkles to them is a diamond.

Of course it doesn't work for me though.

Originally posted by Nooch View Post
                            Does ur diamond comes with GIA cert?
                            No

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                              1) See your watch/bag/wallet/acceories/clothes collection grow bigger and you feel better? yes
                              2) Pay more than $500 for a timepiece which does not tell accurate time instead of a timepiece that costs $100 that tells accurate time? yes
                              3) Pay more than $100 for a polo tee when giodano sells it for $20? sometimes
                              4) Buy a diamond instead of a swarovski which looks the same?yes
                              5) Buy a wallet that is worth more money than what it's holding?sometimess
                              6) Buy a designer gold ring instead of a ring from the goldsmith? no, but i dont buy rings maybe the occasional bracelet etc.

Originally posted by Hary View Post
                              1) See your watch/bag/wallet/acceories/clothes collection grow bigger and you feel better? YES
                              2) Pay more than $500 for a timepiece which does not tell accurate time instead of a timepiece that costs $100 that tells accurate time? YES
                              3) Pay more than $100 for a polo tee when giodano sells it for $20? SOMETIMES
                              4) Buy a diamond instead of a swarovski which looks the same? NO
                              5) Buy a wallet that is worth more money than what it's holding? NO
                              6) Buy a designer gold ring instead of a ring from the goldsmith? NO

Out of 6 questions, only 2.5 I answered YES. Hence, I'm normal
                              Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                              Here's mine:

1) YES. Nt just better but simply satisfying...
                              2) NO. Nt up to that stage yet.
                              3) NO. I'll still go for the cheaper one.
                              4) YES. Diamonds and crystals are of diff standing.
                              5) NO. As long as there's money inside my wallet, a $10 wallet oso can.
                              6) NO. Any gold ring that I find nice, goldsmith/designer, I'll still buy.

Am I ok?
                              Hahaha...guys...ANY of the above sympton u qualify as a patient

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X