National swimming coach blames traffic jam for registration screw up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
    So based on mingwen's analogy, you reckon SQ is gonna be impressed, if I arrived late to the airport (and subsequently missed my flight). Afterall, im a visitor to your country, you should be flexible; and i dont know the traffic conditions. so SQ should wait for me as well. Anyone agree?
    I think should add 1 more step to the above then more fair.

SQ shld check the watches of their customers. Those who are late but wears Rolex must give chance cos Rolex is very accurate watches so its unlikely the customer is late.

Those wearing reps, don let them in cos confirm they are at fault for being late...
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

oh like that ar... then i wear seiko how ah? got give chance anot?
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Keith8896 View Post
        Late = Late, Wrong = Wrong.

what more to say?
        im well aware of that; there is no excuse. but heh, i was barely using mingwen analogy. ive missed a flight before due to my group missing their bus whose fault is that? mine too! I should have figured that people will miss their transport and not be able to make the meeting time.
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

One more good reason to wear Rolex when travelling..hehehehe....
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
            im well aware of that; there is no excuse. but heh, i was barely using mingwen analogy. ive missed a flight before due to my group missing their bus whose fault is that? mine too! I should have figured that people will miss their transport and not be able to make the meeting time.
            i am oso aware of your stand
            Base on mingwen analogy as long as u are Singapore = no fault !!!

Comment

i am oso aware of your stand
              Base on mingwen analogy as long as u are Singapore = no fault !!!
              thats right! u got it...
              we should be allowed to particioate..its the traffic jam's fault which means its NEW DELHI's fault,not ours! cheers

Comment

Originally posted by mingwen View Post
                thats right! u got it...
                we should be allowed to particioate..its the traffic jam's fault which means its NEW DELHI's fault,not ours! cheers
                The way your standby your view really remind me of a forum member's "EX" character.

"Beat die" oso will not admit.

Comment

The way your standby your view really remind me of a forum member's "EX" character.

"Beat die" oso will not admit.
                  ya,thats true...so be it!
                  its still not singapore's fault ultimately... LOL

Comment

Mingwen,

These few days you are quite funny. Lucky you not female else I suspect something. Cheers.

No one's fault....just move on.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                      Mingwen,

These few days you are quite funny. Lucky you not female else I suspect something. Cheers.

No one's fault....just move on.
                      "Lucky you not female else I suspect something"

What is it?
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by mingwen View Post
                        ya,thats true...so be it!
                        its still not singapore's fault ultimately... LOL
                        of cos, no one said its Singapore's fault. Its that coach's fault So everyone is right LOL
                        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                          "Lucky you not female else I suspect something"

What is it?
                          Once a month mood swing tIme.

Comment

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Actually in my opinion, they are both right and wrong:-

Why I think they are wrong:-
                              1) Being a seasoned person in this sports arena, being in a foreign country, preparing early is good, arrival an hour or two in advance gives everyone more time to prepare. Also you can avoid unforeseen circumstances like traffic jam, accident or vehicle breakdown, etc.

2) By saying that you do not want your team waiting too long at the venue, then why does he think that other teams should arrive early and wait and not theirs? Are they super VIPs or what?

3) Or one or two of the team members went out somewhere and came back late before the assembly to go off to the venue? Or took their own sweet time in their room resting or freshening up before assembly? Thus delaying the whole team's time? U know how some inconsiderate people are if you have gone on package tours.

Why I think they are right:-

1) Being late for registration, sometimes certain leeway should be allowed, since actual event starts only 6+pm. Of course not taking such leeways for granted should be allowed based on the organisers judgement of behaviour or body language of the team members.

2) The host country should implement measures like Singapore's YOG with dedicated lanes for the team to travel to their venues smoothly and on time. They should also allocate manpower to ensure the citizens give way to such vehicles on the road as well.

3) The host country should also give reminders to teams or updates of the traffic conditions to the venues so everyone can base on this info to plan their setting off timing. (Of course if the teams ignores or takes for granted then this is not effective.)
                              Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                                of cos, no one said its Singapore's fault. Its that coach's fault So everyone is right LOL
                                not the coach's fault also,its delhi's organisers fault or even the country of india's fault..
                                so its not our coach or singapore's fault! ha ha ha ha

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X