Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blancpain....America most luxury watch brand 2010

Interesting.....Blancpain ?

(NEW YORK) April 27, 2010 - The objective and independent New York City-based Luxury Institute reported today the top-rated luxury watch brands in the 2010 Luxury Brand Status Index (LBSI) survey. This survey identifies the brands that deliver true luxury based solely on the unbiased ratings of wealthy U.S. consumers.

High net-worth consumers rated Blancpain the “Best of the Best” among 33 luxury watch brands. Despite being a relatively unknown brand, Blancpain clearly stands out as the most luxurious brand of the 33 in this study, with the highest ratings for all four component measures of the LBSI and both outcome metrics.

The LBSI asks high net-worth consumers to rate luxury brands by category across four equally weighted components: Consistently Superior Quality, Uniqueness and Exclusivity, Making the Customer Feel Special Across the Entire Experience, and Being Consumed by People Who Are Admired and Respected.

The “Best of the Best” are (LBSI score out of 10):

Luxury Watches

•o Blancpain-8.74
    •o Vacheron Constantin-8.15
    •o Breguet-8.09

“The luxury watches category is one of the oldest and most prestigious,” said Milton Pedraza, CEO of the Luxury Institute. “And yet the industry is stuck in time in terms of its distribution and customer relationship building innovations. We predict that more luxury watch brands will build their own direct distribution channels via retail and online as they realize that the future belongs to those watch brands that have direct and deep relationships with their end consumers.”

The proprietary Luxury Brand Status Index (LBSI) survey is the only unbiased measure of the prestige of leading brands among wealthy Americans. A national sample of 505 ultra-wealthy American consumers, with weighted average household income of $845,000 and average investable assets of $16.6 million, was surveyed online.

Full report : http://blog.luxuryinstitute.com/?p=644

Hmmz Think IWC won such an acclaim in 2008 and 2009 but not sure if it's by the same body.

Comment

Originally posted by theOrion View Post
      Hmmz Think IWC won such an acclaim in 2008 and 2009 but not sure if it's by the same body.
      Yeah, I do recall that IWC won in 2008. Not too sure about 2009. Question is why would IWC gain top honors for the past two years but not register in 2nd or 3rd this year? Whatever it is, no major drama if Blancpain takes the vote this year.
      Sweet 16:
      PP Aquanaut
      VC Overseas
      AP ROO Black Themes
      A.Lange & Sohne 1815
      Breguet Type XXI
      Blancpain 50 Fathoms
      JLC Navy Seals
      GO Senator 60s
      GP Laureato
      Zenith Pilot Extra Special
      Rolex DSSD
      IWC Big Pilot
      Pam 112
      Omega Ploprof
      Breitling Super Avenger
      Glycine F104

Comment

no comments on blancpain.

personally, i don't think the results totally portray what americans like..
        Opportunities come once

Comment

take such survey with a pinch of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimson View Post
            take such survey with a pinch of salt.
            Totally agreed on most awards. Mostly got agenda behind them lol

Comment

hmmm.... Blancpain and Breguet are in the same group... I thought Breguet their most prestigious brand?
              Currently own:
              Rolex Explorer 2 Black Dial 16570
              Rolex Precision 6694 (Manual winding)
              Blue Dial/Silver Markers
              Seiko SNZG15K1
              Ball EMII Diver green inner bezel!
              Stowa Marine Original (White dial)

Wishlist:
              Luminor Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic PAM 392 42mm

(gone and missing them)
              Omega Seamaster 2254.50
              Breitling Colt GMT (Black dial)

Comment

Originally posted by Fengy View Post
                hmmm.... Blancpain and Breguet are in the same group... I thought Breguet their most prestigious brand?
                Yeah Bro Fengy,
                I read in the a Revolution article interview before Hayek's passing and he seemed to allude that the Swatch group positions Breguet at the top, with Blancpain second and Jaquet Droz next. Surprising though that he mentioned Jacquet Droz and not Glashutte Original.
                I wonder about Richemont's top 3 but I reckon it will be Vacheron Constantin, Lange & Sohne and possibly JLC or Piaget, just my humble thoughts.
                Sweet 16:
                PP Aquanaut
                VC Overseas
                AP ROO Black Themes
                A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                Breguet Type XXI
                Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                JLC Navy Seals
                GO Senator 60s
                GP Laureato
                Rolex DSSD
                IWC Big Pilot
                Pam 112
                Omega Ploprof
                Breitling Super Avenger
                Glycine F104

Comment

I saw the report some time ago, and find the result puzzling.

No doubt Blancpain is one of the top watch companies but I cannot say so about the credential of Wealth Bulletin...

I mean Patek Philippe, the undisputed No.1, is not even on their Top 10 list! AP and Lange are also absent. It just goes to say the majority of these high net-worth polled are not into horology.

Anyway, for me, it makes better sense to compare individual model rather than the brand on a whole.

Here's a position table of watch brand for those who are interested:

Comment

Yea.... I thought Glashutte Original was their No.3?? Hmm... i guess they have too many brands.. But JDroz is indeed on the rise...

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
                    Yeah Bro Fengy,
                    I read in the a Revolution article interview before Hayek's passing and he seemed to allude that the Swatch group positions Breguet at the top, with Blancpain second and Jaquet Droz next. Surprising though that he mentioned Jacquet Droz and not Glashutte Original.
                    I wonder about Richemont's top 3 but I reckon it will be Vacheron Constantin, Lange & Sohne and possibly JLC or Piaget, just my humble thoughts.
                    Currently own:
                    Rolex Explorer 2 Black Dial 16570
                    Rolex Precision 6694 (Manual winding)
                    Blue Dial/Silver Markers
                    Seiko SNZG15K1
                    Ball EMII Diver green inner bezel!
                    Stowa Marine Original (White dial)

Wishlist:
                    Luminor Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic PAM 392 42mm

(gone and missing them)
                    Omega Seamaster 2254.50
                    Breitling Colt GMT (Black dial)

Comment

Originally posted by Fengy View Post
                      Yea.... I thought Glashutte Original was their No.3?? Hmm... i guess they have too many brands.. But JDroz is indeed on the rise...
                      Yeah,
                      Thought so to. Hey, like to pick your brains. Between a Glashutte Original, Girard Perrageux (hope I spelt it alright) and Zenith, which would you go for, brand wise? : )
                      Sweet 16:
                      PP Aquanaut
                      VC Overseas
                      AP ROO Black Themes
                      A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                      Breguet Type XXI
                      Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                      JLC Navy Seals
                      GO Senator 60s
                      GP Laureato
                      Rolex DSSD
                      IWC Big Pilot
                      Pam 112
                      Omega Ploprof
                      Breitling Super Avenger
                      Glycine F104

Comment

I would go for the Glashutte Original, but I have heard that GP is one of the top 5 best watch maker in the world. Sometimes, there are just too many of such research groups that we dont know who is more credible.

1. PP
                        2. AP
                        3. IWC
                        4. JLC
                        5. GP
                        I rather push my Alfa Romeo than drive a BMW

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
                        Alfa 33
                        Alfa 147
                        Alfa GT
                        Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
                        Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Originally posted by alex168lim View Post
                          Interesting.....Blancpain ?

(NEW YORK) April 27, 2010 - The objective and independent New York City-based Luxury Institute reported today the top-rated luxury watch brands in the 2010 Luxury Brand Status Index (LBSI) survey. This survey identifies the brands that deliver true luxury based solely on the unbiased ratings of wealthy U.S. consumers.

High net-worth consumers rated Blancpain the “Best of the Best” among 33 luxury watch brands. Despite being a relatively unknown brand, Blancpain clearly stands out as the most luxurious brand of the 33 in this study, with the highest ratings for all four component measures of the LBSI and both outcome metrics.

The LBSI asks high net-worth consumers to rate luxury brands by category across four equally weighted components: Consistently Superior Quality, Uniqueness and Exclusivity, Making the Customer Feel Special Across the Entire Experience, and Being Consumed by People Who Are Admired and Respected.

The “Best of the Best” are (LBSI score out of 10):

Luxury Watches

•o Blancpain-8.74
                          •o Vacheron Constantin-8.15
                          •o Breguet-8.09

“The luxury watches category is one of the oldest and most prestigious,” said Milton Pedraza, CEO of the Luxury Institute. “And yet the industry is stuck in time in terms of its distribution and customer relationship building innovations. We predict that more luxury watch brands will build their own direct distribution channels via retail and online as they realize that the future belongs to those watch brands that have direct and deep relationships with their end consumers.”

The proprietary Luxury Brand Status Index (LBSI) survey is the only unbiased measure of the prestige of leading brands among wealthy Americans. A national sample of 505 ultra-wealthy American consumers, with weighted average household income of $845,000 and average investable assets of $16.6 million, was surveyed online.

Full report : http://blog.luxuryinstitute.com/?p=644
                          Actually, I dont quite trust the Americans; they put Coke in everything & Macdonald's totally destroyed hambuger!! I would find reports by French or Swiss more credible!!
                          I rather push my Alfa Romeo than drive a BMW

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
                          Alfa 33
                          Alfa 147
                          Alfa GT
                          Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
                          Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Originally posted by turboducky View Post
                            I would go for the Glashutte Original, but I have heard that GP is one of the top 5 best watch maker in the world. Sometimes, there are just too many of such research groups that we dont know who is more credible.

1. PP
                            2. AP
                            3. IWC
                            4. JLC
                            5. GP
                            Hi mate, thanks for the insight. G.O do have some nice pieces but they just got revived in the early 90s whereas GP has history on its side and they do supply movements to other brands as well.
                            Really hard to decide! Hehe, anyways, I hope you get your Big Pilot soon, if you're still gunning for one!
                            Sweet 16:
                            PP Aquanaut
                            VC Overseas
                            AP ROO Black Themes
                            A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                            Breguet Type XXI
                            Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                            JLC Navy Seals
                            GO Senator 60s
                            GP Laureato
                            Rolex DSSD
                            IWC Big Pilot
                            Pam 112
                            Omega Ploprof
                            Breitling Super Avenger
                            Glycine F104

Comment

Am surprised noone mentioned A. Lange und Söhne. It's way up there alongside with Patek.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X