X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommend shop to sevice old watches

hi Bros,

my first ever post in sg-roc!

today i have gotten some very old automatic watches (seems like from the 70's) from a relative. they are not expensive rolexes (only pagol, camy, titus etc) but have great sentimental values as they belong to my late uncle.

i am just wondering if any bros out there know of any good place to repair these watches? some are in bad condition...

Hi all,
    I got a list from one of the thread here. But I do not know which one is recommended. Mines are not Rolex too, but have pretty big deal of sentimental value on them. I'm just afraid ruining my vintage watches.

Since I can't post link, the thread titled "Independent watch repairers/pre-owned dealers list".

Thanks in advance for your help, guys.
    The Lannisters send their regards.

Comment

i'll be honest and air my opinions for such a situation for anyone else that happens to read this thread...

if you are not going to wear watches you "inherit" then don't service them. if you think you will wear them a few times a year... don't service them.

service only the pieces you know for sure you will want to wear regularly.

for bread and butter ETA movements (most of the watches you mentioned will have them), any watch tech can service it properly.

call the people on the list, give the watch name/type/face description and ask for overhaul price. go to the cheapest. you will be able to get a rough price you have to pay once you've called up a few shops.

before you hand it over, be specific about whether or not you want to return for regulation (for watches you think you will wear regularly), and whether or not you want anything you can SEE be replaced or touched up/polished.

if you are still unsure, you can ask if they can assess it for free to make sure there are no hidden surprises/costs when you pick the watch up.
      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Do you have any pic of the watch ?, servicing is fine however, finding the parts could be quite challenging.
        And may take time to locate them(parts).

Comment

Originally posted by gurung guni View Post
          hi Bros,

my first ever post in sg-roc!

today i have gotten some very old automatic watches (seems like from the 70's) from a relative. they are not expensive rolexes (only pagol, camy, titus etc) but have great sentimental values as they belong to my late uncle.

i am just wondering if any bros out there know of any good place to repair these watches? some are in bad condition...
          You can try your luck at any of the old school watchsmiths(K2 @ Tanjong Katong Plaza) or at Chinatown(Somewhere near the temple if im correct) to see if they have spare parts from vintage watches that are non workable in their hands.

Personally, i think since it have sentimental values, it would be good to just keep it as it is to ensure its condition is "As it is" and tbh, movt as good as then will definitely lose out in accuracy and power reserve compared to any of your modern watches, you'll probably wont wear them as often.

Comment

You can try your luck at any of the old school watchsmiths(K2 @ Tanjong Katong Plaza) or at Chinatown(Somewhere near the temple if im correct) to see if they have spare parts from vintage watches that are non workable in their hands.

Personally, i think since it have sentimental values, it would be good to just keep it as it is to ensure its condition is "As it is" and tbh, movt as good as then will definitely lose out in accuracy and power reserve compared to any of your modern watches, you'll probably wont wear them as often.

Comment

Ray's antique watches at Lucky Chinatown B2. The owner Raymond buys and sells vintage watches, and he will refer u to his friend's shop on the same level to service your watch. Both arr very friendly and honest chaps.

Comment

jw horo

Comment

I recommend jw watch. very professional very trustworthy but also very very long approx 3 months

Comment

Go watch concept at lucky plaza, 1year warrenty.. average is $450

Comment

Watch concept at lucky plaza. $450

Comment

hi there,

why is that only if you want to wear regularly then it is good to service, while those that sit inside your drawer should not. kindly enlighten me. thanks

Comment

I was given a watchpeople wrist watch in year 2003, got to know that it was bought in emotus time culture then. Now I need to send it for service, anyone with recommendations for a good service/repair shop? Thank you in advance.

Comment

Hi all,

I just joined and am a newbie. Looking to buy my first rolex. Pple say i should buy second hand. Can any one advise me where to go and what to look out for? I like date just 2 but am considering the sportier ones also cause i like bigger faces. Thank You in advance.

Comment

Hi,

Try Top Hours at Lucky Plaza 3rd floor

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X