Monte Carlo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monte Carlo

Alright it has been a while since my last purchase, a lovely 233i. After that purchase, there were a few other watches that caught my eye for a while but it was never able to make me put my money down.

The 305 tempted me for a while, as I thought having a submersible seemed nice and well with a 1950s casing, what is there to not like about the watch?

Then i thought of going the IWC way, with the panda looking oh so lovely and different from my other watches. Plus i do not own an IWC.

Pricewise, both are around the 10k plus range so i had to think if i really liked them.

BUT BUT BUT...

The monte carlo is different.. It looks really good.... The finishing is superb and it does not help that the price is so darn attractive.

So now, the question of the day. Which should i get?

I will be travelling to the states at the end of the year. Would the states be a good place to pick up a watch or should i just get the watch local? Alternatively i have friends going to europe so i can always get them to purchase it for me.

Your thoughts are much appreciated.

price is heading north, so if you want to get it, get it now. if can get from europe, good.

personally i say give it a miss
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      price is heading north, so if you want to get it, get it now. if can get from europe, good.

personally i say give it a miss
      Why give a miss har? Not worth buying or not nice?
      You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

Originally posted by striker968 View Post
        I was so close to getting it but gave it a miss. Nice face but not so strong heart.

Comment

i tried it on. no connection. maybe no cyclops.

secondly, the date disc numerals like not consistent.

Originally posted by striker968 View Post
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
          2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

I had a chance to try it on today. Its absolutely beautiful!

A pity the movement is so much smaller than its case. Make it feel like suspended. Wonder hw much beating can such design take
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

i tried it on. no connection. maybe no cyclops.

secondly, the date disc numerals like not consistent.
              Bro, can describe more on what u mean by date disc numerals like not consistent? Thanks

This watch seemed to generate a lot of hype and many pple awaiting for it before the launch, but then when it is available (although a lot of places still don't have stock), and pple get to "touch" an "try" it, hear so many bros here backing away....wonder why

Comment

if you have an opportunity to lay your hands on one. try adjusting the date.

for instance, the numerals 20 21 22 seem to be of different font type and size. this could probably due to the size of digit '0','1','2' having to fit into the window.

there is also the 'weight' issue, feels light. is it because of handling and wearing 'heavier' watch, the monte carlo seems light.

there is also the calibre size which one forum member pointed out that the size of movement is small relatively to the case. as such it does not fill out the case and hence there seems to be 'empty' space inside.

if you have an opportunity to handle one of the original monte carlo, you can compare and contrast both watches. the feel is different.

Originally posted by Chunster69 View Post
                Bro, can describe more on what u mean by date disc numerals like not consistent? Thanks

This watch seemed to generate a lot of hype and many pple awaiting for it before the launch, but then when it is available (although a lot of places still don't have stock), and pple get to "touch" an "try" it, hear so many bros here backing away....wonder why

kindly email with
                2. your nick

Comment

Another info that I heard was the higher cost of servicing this watch, in relation to the size of its movement. If its movement is unique, it will be tough to find an independent watch service, except only to have to go back to tudor ONLY! So what do you think will be the price of servicing in the long run?
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

If I got it correct, the movement has a DD chronograph module piggybacked on a ETA 2892-A2. It is not unique to tudor and definitely can be serviced elsewhere, just that such movement is a little more complicated and hence will cost more to service.

Some chrono models of omega & tag etc are also using such movement.
                    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

grey dial more vintagey look.
                      black dial more sporty look.
                      both looks good.
                      i will wait until the 2nd-hand pieces hit the mkt.

ender
                      "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                      three times is enemy action and
                      over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                      ."

Comment

The watch's retro looks is very nice and super hyped on watch forums but the movement is too small for the case. There are pics on other forums that show the movement, long stem from the crown and huge spacing between the case and movement, yuks! Worst thing they chose the eta with problematic track record.

Comment

Given the chance, I think you should get this watch in Europe to take advantage of lower exchange rate and high tax rebate. Alternatively, preown market. It's still a Tudor afterall

Comment

if you have an opportunity to lay your hands on one. try adjusting the date.

for instance, the numerals 20 21 22 seem to be of different font type and size. this could probably due to the size of digit '0','1','2' having to fit into the window.

there is also the 'weight' issue, feels light. is it because of handling and wearing 'heavier' watch, the monte carlo seems light.

there is also the calibre size which one forum member pointed out that the size of movement is small relatively to the case. as such it does not fill out the case and hence there seems to be 'empty' space inside.

if you have an opportunity to handle one of the original monte carlo, you can compare and contrast both watches. the feel is different.
                            Thanks Bro...will check it out. So far, I cannot find it anywhere....almost every AD I ask say no stock...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X