Discussion on Rolex Serviced Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion on Rolex Serviced Watch

this 1501 was just picked up after spending close to 3 weeks in RSC.

look @ the price.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

What do you want to discuss?

Everything looks normal to me.

Comment

1) price.

2) worth to send to RSC or outside technician especially for watches discontinued
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        1) price.

2) worth to send to RSC or outside technician especially for watches discontinued
        Depends which outside technician you send to.. I have encounter many many many bad experience with a so called reputable one... not cheap too..
        no longer reputable to me.. Tiger F one time..
        DRSD-1665 mk4
        SD-16660 matte mk1
        Sub-1680 red mk6
        Sub-5513 matte/ meter first
        Exp2-16570
        Date Just-116234 MOP
        MS no date-67480

Comment

i think the pricing for overhaul and servicing is getting more and more exorbitant, maybe we should all lobby for RSC to be more transparent and also explain the high cost for servicing... its not like theres moonphase, chronograph or something...

Heck, we dont even see the changed parts, maybe we should ask for a photograph album or something, like in a wedding you know, photos of the parts changed... or even.... return us the old parts hahah

800plus every 5 yrs or so can buy a new watch everytime, a mid level watch....

for the price we should even have a concierge service where they serve us wine and stuff man .... hahah i m getting out of point...
          Currently own:
          Rolex Explorer 2 Black Dial 16570
          Rolex Precision 6694 (Manual winding)
          Blue Dial/Silver Markers
          Seiko SNZG15K1
          Ball EMII Diver green inner bezel!
          Stowa Marine Original (White dial)

Wishlist:
          Luminor Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic PAM 392 42mm

(gone and missing them)
          Omega Seamaster 2254.50
          Breitling Colt GMT (Black dial)

Comment

They are the only official Rolex service centre so they can set the price, pretty much like Patek and AP

There are cheaper alternatives, pretty much like Pam straps.

It's a choice to make for the owner of the watch.

I just serviced (and changed some parts) my car at agent and paid $1500 . I know I could probably pay much less outside but because my whole service record is with the agent, I decided to stick with them. Plus, quality is there and I never had issue with the car between service. Of course other workshops may also give me quality (???) but I decided to stick with proven record.

Comment

but haiz given that..i will still send it to RSC for servicing... its not like we have too much of a choice...

some reputable service technicians i heard of:

Lucky plaza
              JWwatches
              Bonfield

I dont know anymore and i also dont know their pricing... if theres only a 20% difference i will still go RSC

The crunch point is when its 40% or lower for overhaul then hmmmm i will consider...

considering the fact that my watch is only 2 months old, i m glad my countdown to 5 years is still rather long... 58 months to go lol...
              Currently own:
              Rolex Explorer 2 Black Dial 16570
              Rolex Precision 6694 (Manual winding)
              Blue Dial/Silver Markers
              Seiko SNZG15K1
              Ball EMII Diver green inner bezel!
              Stowa Marine Original (White dial)

Wishlist:
              Luminor Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic PAM 392 42mm

(gone and missing them)
              Omega Seamaster 2254.50
              Breitling Colt GMT (Black dial)

Comment

May i know how come the receipt stated the case is not water proof? Curious lar....noobie here....
                Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                  May i know how come the receipt stated the case is not water proof? Curious lar....noobie here....
                  haha,i was just about to ask that,case not waterproof also must charge ar?any enlightenment here?
                  累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

kinda of scary to read case not waterproof on the receipt....hahaha...i mean cannot even touch water?

Comment

For vintage watches, say over 20 years, they will always state that cos they can't guarantee for such watches.

For example, I brought in an old Red sub. Even though they changed gasket and did all the test, they still state that in the receipt. Just in case people really go diving to 200m with the watch and claim warranty! Then they dont hae he original parts to repay. It's almost like a disclaimer. Of course no one will really dive with a vintage.

If you send in a DSSD for service, then they won't state this. Actually, I only know Singapore RSC states this.

Comment

OIC...thanks for your kind explaination Mr KuchingKu....learn something new again....

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                          For vintage watches, say over 20 years, they will always state that cos they can't guarantee for such watches.

For example, I brought in an old Red sub. Even though they changed gasket and did all the test, they still state that in the receipt. Just in case people really go diving to 200m with the watch and claim warranty! Then they dont hae he original parts to repay. It's almost like a disclaimer. Of course no one will really dive with a vintage.

If you send in a DSSD for service, then they won't state this. Actually, I only know Singapore RSC states this.
                          haha,i think this is singaporean style,everything have to black and white to cover backside if not something happen then everyone will start the arrow game or tai chi liao
                          累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

Is this a hint that the case has got some corrosion issues, therefore it's no longer water tight?
                            A Crown For Every Achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by LimTH View Post
                              Is this a hint that the case has got some corrosion issues, therefore it's no longer water tight?
                              Hello my friend, are you in Singapore already?

The manager told me that watches of certain age sure have some corrosion somewhere, even if the naked eyes cannot see.
                              So, regardless if they can see or cannot see, play safe to say not water proof.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X