Preserving watch boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preserving watch boxes

Just experiencing with the following and hopefully can preserve the condition of the watch boxes.

I had Zip-lock all my watch boxes, squeezing out any residue air from within the packet and drop in a drying agent. after which, squeeze back into the original box.

Hopefully this can lengthen the life of the boxes....

Any methods for recommendation from forumer here?
    Him:
    116520 V series/ 16750 M series /Franck Muller GPC (Red Ergal)/ Nubeo Black Jellyfish (Orange)/ Chopard Mille Miglia 2005 LTD ED/ Tudor Hydronaut II/ Tag Heuer Kirium/ Tag Heuer Formula 1/ Longines 36184566/ Tissot PRS 200 (Michael Owen LTD ED)/ Louis Erard Asymmetric/ Orient

Her:
    AP Ladies Royal Oak 2140/ 178240 Z series/ Chopard Happy Black Valentine LTD ED/ Chopard Be Mad LTD ED/ Omega Speedmaster/ Bvlgari Carbon Gold (Moscow) LTD ED/ Tag Heuer Link/ Locman Tenderheart/ B & M

I am not sure if those dry cabinets usually used to store cameras and related accessories, are appropriate?
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

sillica gel/dry cabinet
      Opportunities come once

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        I am not sure if those dry cabinets usually used to store cameras and related accessories, are appropriate?
        Yeap can!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Not sure if off topic here....did not do anything to preserve 1 of my watch box and the outer leather (it does look at leather) has now become very sticky (not sure if it is due to lack of usage or stored in a damp place)

anyways, I tried wiping the the box and airing it but it still have a sticky and slimy feel. Any bros here know how to fix it?

Thanks.

Comment

Don't think can fix liao
            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
              Don't think can fix liao
              Alamak! Really liked the box...just din have the opportunity to use it...sigh..

Thanks bro anyways...

Hopefully any bros here have some miracle fix can advise me pls....

Comment

Originally posted by Chunster69 View Post
                Not sure if off topic here....did not do anything to preserve 1 of my watch box and the outer leather (it does look at leather) has now become very sticky (not sure if it is due to lack of usage or stored in a damp place)

anyways, I tried wiping the the box and airing it but it still have a sticky and slimy feel. Any bros here know how to fix it?

Thanks.
                Your box got someone overly excited due to its beauty?

Anyway, sounds like a Rolex box to me
                I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

I bought some ziplock bags from Daiso, $2 for more than a dozen. Many sizes to choose from.

Does drying agent helps? Like those little packets of gel found when we buy new shoes.

Where can i purchase these packets of gel?
                  It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
                  Aristotle Onassis

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
                  Nido Qubein

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
                  Jimmy Dean

Comment

Originally posted by blingking View Post
                    I bought some ziplock bags from Daiso, $2 for more than a dozen. Many sizes to choose from.

Does drying agent helps? Like those little packets of gel found when we buy new shoes.

Where can i purchase these packets of gel?
                    Yeah. Those small packets of crystal like drying agents does help to a small extent. I used to put them inside the box. Helps prevent ordours as well.

But in terms of box, those small packets cant really help much due to their small size.
                    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                      Your box got someone overly excited due to its beauty?

Anyway, sounds like a Rolex box to me

It is a Mitch & Marc box leh...sianz....cannot fix liao...

Comment

Preserving watchboxes

Originally posted by Chunster69 View Post

It is a Mitch & Marc box leh...sianz....cannot fix liao...
                        Hey bro, can i hv a go at it? Let me try to restore it for you. Don't worry, there wont be anything destructive. If i fail, u can hv the original box back, if succeed u pay token sum. How's that?
                        Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
                        • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
                        • Montre de MarQue
                        • Etoile D'Or
                        • Hotel Indonesia
                        • Glory Time
                        • The Watch-Collector
                        • Time Palace
                        • The Swiss Connection
                        • M Baker
                        • Maurice Lacroix
                        • Time Marques
                        • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                          Yeah. Those small packets of crystal like drying agents does help to a small extent. I used to put them inside the box. Helps prevent ordours as well.

But in terms of box, those small packets cant really help much due to their small size.
                          Could not find where to buy these packets of gel.

But i found these tub shaped plastic containers that are filled with the dry gel. They are meant for wardrobes.

I also found out that the dry gel will get soft and wet after absorbing enough of moisture.

My plan was to buy the small gel packets and put a few into the ziplock bag together with the box. So i think this might not be very advisable?

What i did now was to place the container of gel in the cupboard together with a few of my boxes all in ziplock bags.
                          It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
                          Aristotle Onassis

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
                          Nido Qubein

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
                          Jimmy Dean

Comment

Originally posted by ten10 View Post
                            Hey bro, can i hv a go at it? Let me try to restore it for you. Don't worry, there wont be anything destructive. If i fail, u can hv the original box back, if succeed u pay token sum. How's that?
                            Thanks for the offer bro...a fren of mine already took it away to try liao..

will definitely PM you for help if not successful. Thanks.

Comment

Preserving watch boxes

No probs!
                              Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
                              • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
                              • Montre de MarQue
                              • Etoile D'Or
                              • Hotel Indonesia
                              • Glory Time
                              • The Watch-Collector
                              • Time Palace
                              • The Swiss Connection
                              • M Baker
                              • Maurice Lacroix
                              • Time Marques
                              • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X