Upgrade iPhone OS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade iPhone OS

Hi, can someone advise how to carry out iPhone OS upgrade? I intend to upgrade OS 3 to 4. Will the upgrade backup the current apps & songs? Is it ok to upgrade now as I have been hearing some bad news about upgrade. Thanks.

just plug in ur iphone into ur laptop/PC then open itunes.

under itunes, where u click xxx iphone on the left, u will see version upgrade or something.

click on that.. then it will download the latest version and install into ur iphone. they will backup before installing the new version.

i got no big issue on the new OS. just that some apps tend to close itself which can be solve by restarting your phone.

u can multitask by pressing the home button twice, kill program to save batt life.

camera can zoom, can assign app into different folders by dragging them over another app.

Comment

Originally posted by voltshin View Post
      just plug in ur iphone into ur laptop/PC then open itunes.

under itunes, where u click xxx iphone on the left, u will see version upgrade or something.

click on that.. then it will download the latest version and install into ur iphone. they will backup before installing the new version.

i got no big issue on the new OS. just that some apps tend to close itself which can be solve by restarting your phone.

u can multitask by pressing the home button twice, kill program to save batt life.

camera can zoom, can assign app into different folders by dragging them over another app.
      quick check, how do u kill the apps? I tried holding the home button for a while but it doesnt get killed leh.

And my iphone 3G became much slower after upgrading to OS4.
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
        quick check, how do u kill the apps? I tried holding the home button for a while but it doesnt get killed leh.

Bro exxondus, double press home key to get into multitasking screen, then press and hold on one the icon.

Comment

...And my iphone 3G became much slower after upgrading to OS4.
          whilst the 3G can run OS4, its going to be slow as hell. for 3G, i suggest 3.1.2

And to those who are JB'ing, i suggest, you hold on the upgrade as the 4.0.2 will kill your JB.
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by shuseido View Post
            Bro exxondus, double press home key to get into multitasking screen, then press and hold on one the icon.
            Thanks for the info!

Originally posted by seiko.citizen
            whilst the 3G can run OS4, its going to be slow as hell. for 3G, i suggest 3.1.2

And to those who are JB'ing, i suggest, you hold on the upgrade as the 4.0.2 will kill your JB.
            Why dint you appear earlier in my life
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

i'm using 3GS.

at the multitasking tab, u slide toward the right, u can actually lock keyboard from rotating when u turn the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by larry88
                DO NOT UPGRADE to OS 4 if you are using 3G.

Slow as hell and making the iPhone to one of the most hated phone.

I can't wait for my contract to be up in few months time and then i will change to IPhone 4.
                hmm but iphone4 if don wanna use bumper guard how should we hold the phone instead

imo, its a failure to design it in such a way. I saw on youtube, the way that I would normally hold my phone will def kill the signal. haiz..

Comment

in sg, i dont think it is much of an issue as there are many 'repeater' station. tried the grip of death on one of the iphone 4. signal still ok.

hmm but iphone4 if don wanna use bumper guard how should we hold the phone instead

imo, its a failure to design it in such a way. I saw on youtube, the way that I would normally hold my phone will def kill the signal. haiz..
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    in sg, i dont think it is much of an issue as there are many 'repeater' station. tried the grip of death on one of the iphone 4. signal still ok.

serious ah?

wah then sounds ok leh if the issue is not of a concern here...then I probably have to go down to some fruit stall that has it on demo to test water.

Comment

How about from 3GS to upgrade to OS4? Any sluggishness? I am contemplating to upgrade it as there are some apps require OS4. Moreover, I heard that OS4 has new features like multitasking which the current OS3 hasn't. And the number of pages are only limited to 11 while OS4 can allow apps to be placed inside some customised folders. Any comments?

Comment

Originally posted by breitling77 View Post
                        How about from 3GS to upgrade to OS4? Any sluggishness? I am contemplating to upgrade it as there are some apps require OS4. Moreover, I heard that OS4 has new features like multitasking which the current OS3 hasn't. And the number of pages are only limited to 11 while OS4 can allow apps to be placed inside some customised folders. Any comments?
                        I am wondering the same thing too.. can any bro advise? I did hear good reviews from a colleague who upgraded his 3GS, but he did mentioned he notcied that his battery life is much shorter now....not sure if related...

Comment

Originally posted by Chunster69 View Post
                          I am wondering the same thing too.. can any bro advise? I did hear good reviews from a colleague who upgraded his 3GS, but he did mentioned he notcied that his battery life is much shorter now....not sure if related...
                          I did mine few weeks ago. No prob at all.
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Why dint you appear earlier in my life
                            LOL! I learn from personal experience when I trade iphones

3GS running 4.0/4.0.1 is good. Used personally; and found no effect on battery. Folders was a nice addition, as was the orientation lock.

Those who are JB'ing, please save your SHSH blobs . Just incase.
                            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                            Blue 6694
                            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

OS4.0 and 4.0.1 slowed activitation of the camera on my 3Gs,,, however 4.0.2 restore to normal speed,,,,

battery life becomes a bit erratic though, sometimes appear to drain the battery at a faster rate, but usually ok,,,

just need to remember to close multi-tasking windows,,,,,

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X