Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GMTIIc vs SUB c vs SUB LV c (And some say Teh-C)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    You all very poetic le...

Personally I feel that the current (premium) prices of the Submariner C, be it the LV or standard version, are way too high. I remembered the GMTII C entered the market with a "BANG" too, like around $11k+, when it was only retailing at $9.5k+. Over time, the price got soft and some might have even got it a a discount. Private dealers are selling new ones @$8k+ now.

So this begs the questions: Are you willing to pay $10k (or above) for the new Submariner models? Say for example, you are asked to choose between a GMTII C and a Submariner C (black), both new, and priced equally, which is more worthy to acquire?

One man's meat is another man's poison.....
    Stand up for wat is rite even if you r standing alone

Comment

this is pretty interesting. when I compare with overseas forums, it seems that the Sub C Black is more popular as compared to the Sub C LV.

Same as white dial vs black dials in Asian vs Overseas.

Wonder is it we asians prefer something that garners more attention
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
        this is pretty interesting. when I compare with overseas forums, it seems that the Sub C Black is more popular as compared to the Sub C LV.

Same as white dial vs black dials in Asian vs Overseas.

Wonder is it we asians prefer something that garners more attention
        I don't think so. Do you think the ang-mohs prefer less attention? But I have to acknowledge though that, we Asians, are more superstitious. When some of my (older) Chinese friends and acquaintances saw the new green "hulk", they shudder in disgust and said, "green face is like work until face turns green" (means one keeps slogging to earn a living).. . And they also believed that watches in white dials are inauspicious, in that, you "bak lou" (Cantonese), or "bai lau" (Chinese) = "work for nothing" (this means bad, especially for businessmen).. .
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Bro, u just gave me one reason not to purchase the hulk...and its a valid excuse since i am working in the money business...i sure dun wan to work until face green green, while people see me eyes red red..

Comment

Originally posted by coopster9 View Post
            Bro, u just gave me one reason not to purchase the hulk...and its a valid excuse since i am working in the money business...i sure dun wan to work until face green green, while people see me eyes red red..
            ... tat means u r chinese la.. . up 2 u 2 believe or nt la..
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

then difficult le

smurf = work till face turn blue

black = work till face black black

daytona = work till no date

vintage = don't know got people die or not

ok go for solid yellow gold day date. khim khim like emperor.
              Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Basket...for me no $$$ so can only see see as can afford teh-c nia...
                Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                  Basket...for me no $$$ so can only see see as can afford teh-c nia...
                  can la, turn down your watches number into one.
                  Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Hahahaha...i prefer the TT Sub-C more....hehehe....see how the economy pick up in 2012 lar....now hor can only drool and beo watch pictures posted up by other bros here....hehehehehe....

Back to grass grazing....
                    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by coopster9 View Post
                      But what if u buy the sub c and then meet with many xiao ren so work till face black black instead of green green
                      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                        But what if u buy the sub c and then meet with many xiao ren so work till face black black instead of green green
                        if thats the case, i rather be face green green than face black black...

Comment

...maybe count $$$ until meng cheh cheh..

Comment

But seriously, i did try on the SubC date few days ago...honest to goodness, it doesnt really look much difference from the normal Sub. Putting it side by side with my SD, shine and gloss from the ceramic model makes no difference...plus the lug is so much wider, makes the bracelet looks skinny.

The SubC LV is more appealing, I have to say.

AD's advise: Buy a Sub LV becos it has been discontinued since SubC LV will always be around from now..., the list price for normal Sub LV has dropped by the way. Its no longer 9K plus.

Comment

I'm in the market looking for a day-to-day watch and I personally like the SubC. It has a more timeless look compared to the other two. Don't like green, so the LV is out; don't like the noiser besel on the GMT, so that's out as well...

The only problem I have is the "premium" price. One local AD has one, but selling at 12.5k, saying is a demand-supply thingy... I find that silly to be honest. If the list-price is 12.5k, I'll bite... but a "premium"? I'll wait ...

Comment

Originally posted by regit View Post
                                I'm in the market looking for a day-to-day watch and I personally like the SubC. It has a more timeless look compared to the other two. Don't like green, so the LV is out; don't like the noiser besel on the GMT, so that's out as well...

The only problem I have is the "premium" price. One local AD has one, but selling at 12.5k, saying is a demand-supply thingy... I find that silly to be honest. If the list-price is 12.5k, I'll bite... but a "premium"? I'll wait ...
                                wah that AD think u carrot wanna chop u.

ask them wait long long lah. 12.5k!!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X