A Very Reckless Mercedes Taxi Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Very Reckless Mercedes Taxi Driver

During my dinner time, I was driving in Yishun. Just outside the Yishun Golden Village Cinema, I witnessed a very reckless taxi driver. I was making a left turn while he (oppsite me) was making a right turn. As there were pedestrains crossing along the road, I had to give way till no more pedestrains. However, that reckless driver (not sure whether he saw the pedestrain) was turning right! Then suddenly, perhaps he saw the pedestrain, he had to stop immediately, just right in front of the pedestrain. I almost wanna honk at the taxi driver but I was too shock to see it.

I am always wary of taxi drivers as they are reckless and dangerous. But this one (driving Mercedes) was the worst I ever see. I wonder how the authority issues taxi license. Why our taxi drivers cannot be safe and courteous?

I just had a accident with a SMRT limo cab not too long ago , anyway to cut the story short .
    This Limo cab driver try to reverse his way out of a EXPRESSWAY entrance .
    I sound my horn to indicate i was behind him , but he still reverse untill his rear bumper kiss my side fender .
    He even try to offer me $100 bucks to settle , when i decline he even told me if i gonna report , he will say that i'm the one who ram into his rear , luckliy i record the conversation between us and call up SMRT the following day , the manager in-charge promise me that they will forward this driver particulars to the traffic police for trying to reverse out of a expressway .
    In the end , i did not make a report to my insurance company as the damage is too minor , i got my workshop repair and repaint the fenders and SMRT bear the cost .
    But i told the manager that i would want to make sure that action is taken against the driver .
    In my 12 years of driving in spore , this is the 1st time i saw a car trying to reverse out from a expressway , this act really endanger the life of others .
    what if its a motorcycle that was entering the expressway and ram into the cab , the poor rider may lost his life .
    I gonna follow up with the manager to make sure action is taken and drivers particulars forward to the TP .
    Focal JM_Labs .
    "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
    Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
    Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
    Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
    Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
    Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
    Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
    Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
    Cartier Santos 100XL
    Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

yes very true, taxi drivers in Singapore are rude and reckless.

I believe it's due to their long hours of driving which made them RESTLESS and want to find "some" extra things to do!

Comment

Originally posted by BRABUS View Post
        I just had a accident with a SMRT limo cab not too long ago , anyway to cut the story short .
        I sound my horn to indicate i was behind him , but he still reverse untill his rear bumper kiss my side fender .
        He even try to offer me $100 bucks to settle , when i decline he even told me if i gonna report , he will say that i'm the one who ram into his rear , luckliy i record the conversation between us and call up SMRT the following day , the manager in-charge promise me that they will forward this driver particulars to the traffic police for trying to reverse out of a expressway .
        In the end , i did not make a report to my insurance company as the damage is too minor , i got my workshop repair and repaint the fenders and SMRT bear the cost .
        But i told the manager that i would want to make sure that action is taken against the driver .
        In my 12 years of driving in spore , this is the 1st time i saw a car trying to reverse out from a expressway , this act really endanger the life of others .
        what if its a motorcycle that was entering the expressway and ram into the cab , the poor rider may lost his life .
        I gonna follow up with the manager to make sure action is taken and drivers particulars forward to the TP .
        reverse out from an expressway? happened to me tooo...
        it was also a taxi driver
        we were on Benjamin Shears bridge going towards town, he missed the Rochor Rd exit and so stopped his car, and started reversing so that he can turn into the exit... CHAMPION!
        "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
        three times is enemy action and
        over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
        ."

Comment

wow.... thats a pretty piss poor attempt from any driver. i reckon its the attitude of drivers in general (the road is my bread and butter therefore get out of my way).

happens not just in sg, but in pretty much any country ive been to.
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

wtf this driver can play GTA 4
            Opportunities come once

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
              wow.... thats a pretty piss poor attempt from any driver. i reckon its the attitude of drivers in general (the road is my bread and butter therefore get out of my way).

happens not just in sg, but in pretty much any country ive been to.
              True. Was recently in Sydney. Boarded a taxi at Fish market with 2 gal friends. They sat behind and I was in front. The way the taxi driver (looks hispanic) sway thru traffic and swear and show finger at others was shocking. Almost puke out the lobster and oysters we just had for the short trip to our hotel.

Comment

He should be doubly punished for threatening you with false testimony. Obstruction of justice.

Comment

Guys most of you I assume have cars but I have been coming/visitng Singapore since Dec. 1985 for biz or pleasure since I have lived in SE Asia for that long, I always come over. I had a kidney transplant in Mt. E in 2007 so I regularly come over for checkups and meds to keep that baby in good working order. So everytime I am there, I am walking or taking a taxi.

Some taxi drivers are a pleasure to ride with but most are truly sacks of pure S#&T. Last time I was there I had run in's with 2, of course both Comfort taxis.

I went to see my Nephrologist (kidney doc) at Mt. E and got in a txi to go back to the Hilton, we left and proceeded to Elok Road I think it is and then the taxi driver wanted to do a u-turn and go down Bideford cross over Orchard Rd to Orchard Link to Orchard Blvd all this time in parellel to Orchard road back to Tanglin and then back to Orchard road and the Hilton Hotel.

I stopped him from making the u-turn at Bideford and told him to go to the left and got to Cairnhill Rd then to Scotts up the hill and make the right to Draycott Drive and then a right on to Claymore behind Orchard Towers and follow the road around the back of Orchard towers and to Orchard road and cross the road over to the Hilton.

Along the way, he started arguing with me telling me my way was a longer route. Of course I let him think I did not know where I was going and I still have no idea really about the road names because I would tell him at the last minute to turn here and turn there. (What I wrote above was from reading a map, I have no idea what those roads are called). Finally he pissed me off with his bit@hing and moaning that my way was longer.

So I said ok, tell you what, tomorrow morning we will meet at Mt. E at a time of his choosing and bring his boss from Comfort. We would take both routes, my route and his route and his boss as the independent witness. I would pay for it all and if his route was quicker in time or shorter in KM's traveled or shorter in time take, I would pay him 1,000 SGD. But if my route was shorter in time traveled, kms in distance traveled and the price is cheaper then he would resign, turn in his taxi driver's license and never drive another taxi.

After I told him that he shut up and never said another word. I again asked him before I got out of the taxi if he wanted to take me up on my offer, he sat there quiet and never said a word.

Comment

I have to admit, not all are bad. But drop a hint of not being a local, my god, all hell breaks loose. many years ago, i arrived to sg on a nite flight. didnt want to trouble relatives, so i caught a cab. turns out, the guy was trying to fleece me; taking longer routes to my auntie's place. until i questioned him in hokkien about the route did he decide not to be funny (must've struck him that i *may* be local).
                    in the end, he knocked a few dollars off the meter to adjust for the route earlier.
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Yes not all bad, some passangers are really bad... anyway, they are just making a living... so if they are driving dangerously on the road, they are taking a risk, a risk that might end their career and also might end themselves up in jail... it is a risk he/she willing to take... so if you see any taxi driver that are really bad, what I can say is that they will not be driving on the road soon if they continue to be a bad driver...

Comment

Well, let's turn the other side of the coin. My dad who is a taxi driver says sometimes it's not just the driver who is driving recklessly.. It's because the passenger comes in and say " Uncle, I wanna go Orchard to work and I'm getting late, can u drive there in 10 mins?".. from Yishun... morning peak hour...So it's giving the driver pressure to drive faster. Sometimes, if u can't beat the red light or slow down...the passenger will give a big "sigh".. or "tsk" sound and start to show it on the face.. WOrse, there are some who will confront, "why didn't u speed up?"

Comment

Originally posted by Rolesor View Post
                          He should be doubly punished for threatening you with false testimony. Obstruction of justice.
                          I agreed to settle this with SMRT paying for the repair only on the condition that they will take action against the driver , it really piss me off trying to threaten me saying i'm the one at fault .
                          The driver involve is a LIMO cab driver , that is suppose to be better than those average driver . And this is that kind of attitude they show when a accident is involve .
                          Anyway the damage on both car , can easily show sign that he reverse the taxi to bang me , unless i drift my car and hit him on the rear
                          Actually i should have proceed for insurance claim instead of private settlement with SMRT , but thought its quite a hassle to go through all the report and waiting for surveyor to take photo .
                          Now waiting for SMRT management to see what sort of action is taken against the driver .
                          Focal JM_Labs .
                          "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                          Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                          Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                          Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                          Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                          Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                          Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                          Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                          Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                          Cartier Santos 100XL
                          Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

ha ha... bro, besides recording the conversation, you should also poke your backside and accuse the taxi driver of raping you on the expressway... maybe he will give you $100k instead... ha ha...

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                              I have to admit, not all are bad. But drop a hint of not being a local, my god, all hell breaks loose. many years ago, i arrived to sg on a nite flight. didnt want to trouble relatives, so i caught a cab. turns out, the guy was trying to fleece me; taking longer routes to my auntie's place. until i questioned him in hokkien about the route did he decide not to be funny (must've struck him that i *may* be local).
                              in the end, he knocked a few dollars off the meter to adjust for the route earlier.

Exactly because in the end they are breaking the law, I was told by a decent driver the law is that the Taxi driver is too take the passenger the shortest route possible.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X