Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting moisture out from your watch

Hi Forummers,

I was caught in the rain yesterday and was soaking wet, including my watch. Then I’d discovered that my watch had moisture trapped inside. I had to remove it soon.

And today I discovered I could actually remove moisture droplets from inside the watch without opening it. Well, all you need is an old discarded air deodorizer with the empty fragrance bottle.

Here's how:-
    1) Insert into the AC Mains your Air Deodorizer with the bottle and switch it ON.
    2) Place your affected watch on top of the Deodorizer face down and leave it overnight.
    3) Remove your watch the next day. And don't forget to switch the unit OFF.

The whole idea is to heat air, which is logically inside the bottle, so that hot air rises to warm the surface of the watch.

Pictures tell a thousand words. Refer to my blog to see them.

Hope this helps those of you in a similar situation. I suppose it will work with any watch too. Try it at your own risk though.

cheers!
    Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
    • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
    • Montre de MarQue
    • Etoile D'Or
    • Hotel Indonesia
    • Glory Time
    • The Watch-Collector
    • Time Palace
    • The Swiss Connection
    • M Baker
    • Maurice Lacroix
    • Time Marques
    • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

For me .....i use hair dryer placed below the watch with the face towards the blows, vapours will try to escape more easily as hot air rises.
    But sometimes work sometimes dun...

Comment

I suggest you take it to a watchmaker, so that they can take a look at it. The moisture may evaporate away, but what about the residual water, stuck in the nook and crannies of the watch? It may pose a problem in future.
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

yup better service it. if corrosion sets in it will cost you much more.
        Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

u applied heat directly to the case of the watch. @ what temperature? dont forget that there is oil inside. im not sure how heat will affect the viscocity of the watch.

personally i wont use any heat on the watch. it may damage the rubber seal as well.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Getting moisture out from your watch

Originally posted by triton View Post
            u applied heat directly to the case of the watch. @ what temperature? dont forget that there is oil inside. im not sure how heat will affect the viscocity of the watch.

personally i wont use any heat on the watch. it may damage the rubber seal as well.
            Yup triton is right! Without knowing what temperatures applied to the watch could have boomz effect! Using a hair-dryer is too drastic lah. Rubber seal all shrink or become brittle.

That watch in question was a Quartz watch and I've checked Bergeon's website on lubricants prior carrying-out this. Website here http://www.bergeon.ch/PDF/InvitBale2...20a%209204.pdf

Quartz oil different from lubricants used in mechanical watches. This one can tahan from -36 deg celcius til 80 deg celcius.

But now hor... my watch strap stinking from the dampness

geeezzz!
            Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
            • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
            • Montre de MarQue
            • Etoile D'Or
            • Hotel Indonesia
            • Glory Time
            • The Watch-Collector
            • Time Palace
            • The Swiss Connection
            • M Baker
            • Maurice Lacroix
            • Time Marques
            • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Comment

Originally posted by dogtalkcock View Post
              For me .....i use hair dryer placed below the watch with the face towards the blows, vapours will try to escape more easily as hot air rises.
              But sometimes work sometimes dun...
              Of course keep the hair dryer at a distance just enough to vapourise the condensation inside the glass, not too near else will damage the seal and might break the glass if it is not sapphire.

Lubricating oil are able to withstand much higher temperature just like your car engine oil so the heat from hairdryer is too negligible to cause harm.

Also using the hair dryer method is for mildly affected watch, temporary method and for your budget timepieces only...

Comment

Bro, your rolex not waterproof?
                TT D GMTII
                SS Z ExpII
                TT M Sub
                SS M Milgauss

Looking BNIB SS Z/M SD

Comment

rubber seals degrade over time. crown can sometimes be left open. just like a car that develops oil leaks. comes with age.
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X