No iPhone 4 talk here???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No iPhone 4 talk here???

Came across an iPhone 4 review on Strait Times yesterday.. and suddenly realize... no talks about it in here.... anyone got one yet?.... go on and give us a review....

think most people are waiting for antennagate issue to be resolved first. met benjiyui this morning and understand from him that signal bar can drop
    pretty quickly. the back piece being made with glass and other material has given weight to the phone and have to handle with care. processing speed is marginal quicker. though I can get the phone now,I prefer to wait. also certain telco may want to convince you to change price plan.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hi there, i have some pictures over here.
      what i like about is that the volume has improved.

http://sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=44613
      2014 March - Rolex Deepsea Seadweller V series MK 1 dial ref: 116660

Comment

I got mine from ST last Sunday, so far so good! tried most of the features on the phone incl the new FaceTime function where you can do video call. Do note that this function is solely between Iphone 4 <> Iphone 4 or Iphone 4 <> Mac with the application installed. the FaceTime feature rides on WiFi connection only and thus is free and non-chargeable by the service providers.

Other key improvements incl the new "Retina Display" which offers the highest resolution of any mobile phones in the market.

For the camera, you can now now record video clips in HD and theres also a built-in LED flash. Multi-tasking various applications etc.

Sound wise also a great improvement over prev gen iphones. Built quality is superb and more heavy then all prev models but give a solid feeling. The bezel is now finished in brushed metal, previously was finished in chrome/polished which was a scratch magnet.

Antennagate issue not so for my set but do understand there are some sets which have problems still.

Cheers!
        MeRf

Comment

retina display

as for the weight, it only carries an extra 4gm over the iPhone 3G... but it's the slimmest iPhone ever... slimmer than my 1st Gen iPhone...

no issues with signal reception...

Comment

Better pixel and screen resolution....but abit heavy as compare with my wife's 3GS....overall ok lah.....reception so far so good too
            [IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/208if89.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/2ljjkgi.jpg[/IMG]
            [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="3"]"I like my watches like I like women, BIG AND BEAUTIFUL."[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Working in a phone shop i dont have the iphone 4 yet, but ive played with the store demo.

new interface, very nice. new hardware, also very nice. in particular, i like the IPS panel on the phone. colors are accurately replicated. as for the antenna does it cause issues? yes, it's easily replicated by holding in your left hand and bridging the bottom corner.

will i buy? maybe if the time is right.
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Im still waiting for my iPhone 4 though, not too concerned with the antenna issue, believe if a product can be launched cannot be too bad one, worst case send back for service till in satisfactory working condition. A few frens gave pretty positive feedback though. Hopefully can get it soon
                Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

Originally posted by bigwatchroom View Post
                  Better pixel and screen resolution....but abit heavy as compare with my wife's 3GS....overall ok lah.....reception so far so good too
                  OT abit, bro your abatar looks realli realli familar....

anyway back to the iphone...

pls beware of the multi-tasking thou, apparently i dint switch off certain power hungree apps lastnite when i went to bed and found out this morning the batt was flat out. LOLx

please remb to close off the apps even if ya no longer using it as it will still run in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by tsetse View Post
                    Im still waiting for my iPhone 4 though, not too concerned with the antenna issue, believe if a product can be launched cannot be too bad one, worst case send back for service till in satisfactory working condition. A few frens gave pretty positive feedback though. Hopefully can get it soon
                    I would hate to send my new toy into service with any manufacturer.

a) refurb serial number
                    b) rojak parts inside
                    c) more often than not, it is a rebuild meaning it had bad parts.

to some; they argue refurb is better, because it has higher qc, less tolerances, etc. but the stigma that your new toy is a refurb, doesnt go down well.

those are the main two reasons why my pursuit for perfection when it comes to my gadgets. and to those lucky enough to acquire my "used" toys, well, in their words "looks mint to me"

Originally posted by MeRfMeRf View Post
                    OT abit, bro your abatar looks realli realli familar....

anyway back to the iphone...

pls beware of the multi-tasking thou, apparently i dint switch off certain power hungree apps lastnite when i went to bed and found out this morning the batt was flat out. LOLx

please remb to close off the apps even if ya no longer using it as it will still run in the background.
                    forget to turn off tomtom?
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                      I would hate to send my new toy into service with any manufacturer.

a) refurb serial number
                      b) rojak parts inside
                      c) more often than not, it is a rebuild meaning it had bad parts.

to some; they argue refurb is better, because it has higher qc, less tolerances, etc. but the stigma that your new toy is a refurb, doesnt go down well.

those are the main two reasons why my pursuit for perfection when it comes to my gadgets. and to those lucky enough to acquire my "used" toys, well, in their words "looks mint to me"

forget to turn off tomtom?
                      agreed on your POV there.

the power hungree app ish some XXX app LOLx (j/k hahaha )

Comment

I bought 3 of them at the launch (2 with Singtel, 1 with Starhub). All 3 are happy users. The phone is very responsive and I really like the feel of the new design. I'm using mine with a Bodyguardz film, my wife has nothing on her phone and my sis has one of those polycarbonate cases which cover only the back and the sides.

I personally think the antenna issue was blown out of proportions. As stated in a IEEE report, the design of the antenna isn't too fantastic. However, it'll do it's job in the majority of the circumstances. If you live in an area of Singapore which has terrible coverage for your telco of choice, it won't get any better with your iPhone 4. However, it probably wont be any worst than your other phones.

Comment

I guess...I can't survive through the 4th iphone....

Getting mine in Sept for my trip...would be easier to navigate ard with the map function and apps.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

u need data. if no data how to navigate?
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                              u need data. if no data how to navigate?
                              Yeap going there and getting a prepaid data plan

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X