Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something In Mind For Very Long Already.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by triton View Post
    no intention to buy but still post questions. however, i feel that if these questions are valid, i don't see the reason why not.

as for why asking for pictures, a picture speaks a thousand words. what is the real intention for asking i shall not dwell on it.
    only when the question is valid right bro? but there are really some question when you see, you will feel "why is this type of question exist" spot yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by christal View Post
      totally agree..now buy watch or warrenty card? wake up please monkeys..
      100% disagree with you

It depend on the kind of watch you are selling/buying.
      When I buy a Panerai, I look for a complete set too. I ask for the movement sticker, booklet, box and other relavent paper. One item missing I pass.

So I should be label as a monkey ?

If a seller do not wish to answer or having the trouble of closing a deal(meet up for viwing/neg price/etc.), these seller should just sell to a 2nd dealer or just price your watch at a very low price where you can chose who to sell to.

Comment

Originally posted by Haolian King View Post
        When I was selling a watch couple weeks back, I got an i*iot asking me to sell him a bnib gmt2c v series for a price cheaper than a used one. It seems there are a lot of such time wasting i*iots lurking around recently.
        when it happen just move on loh, is part of the "thing" in selling.

there are some seller who pirce their used watch above local AD.
        they may have got it at a higher price and compare to the list price, their used watch is CHEAP! (in their view).

So it could happen to either seller or buyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
          One favourite question... What's your best price? You quote them a price and they dun like what they see, they dun even bother to reply the SMS. What manners!? The problem is not the question asked but the way they handle the reply. Nothing wrong about asking for a better price, I do that too.

There ia seller who I reply stating that I do not want to take up the offer and wish him good luck in his sale. He also did not reply me at all. Happen to me (buyer) too.

But there is one seller who selling a watch box, I also did not took up his offer. He replied my sms thanking me for letting him know.

You see the difference ? watch box (hundreds $) vs watch (thousand $).
          It nothing about buyer or seller, is how a person's manners.

Comment

To me, seem quite reasonable questions leh.

If u wanna seller online, u have to entertain some funny/weird buyers. There are some nice buyers too.. Give and take lah.

Comment

I buy/sell/trade straps and watches quite often in internet forums...met a handful of nasty ppl b4....however...the good men and ladies out here outnumbered the nasty ones by quite a fair margin...and i have make many new frens in the process too...

in other words...give and take lor....afterall the sellers reserve the right to sell or not sell and the buyers reserve the right to but or not buy....
              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by shuseido View Post
                To me, seem quite reasonable questions leh.

If u wanna seller online, u have to entertain some funny/weird buyers. There are some nice buyers too.. Give and take lah.
                Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                I buy/sell/trade straps and watches quite often in internet forums...met a handful of nasty ppl b4....however...the good men and ladies out here outnumbered the nasty ones by quite a fair margin...and i have make many new frens in the process too...

in other words...give and take lor....afterall the sellers reserve the right to sell or not sell and the buyers reserve the right to but or not buy....
                Well said..
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  only for rolex scenario:

i think when people ask is it dated, it could be that if there is any manufacturing defect, there is a possibility to put the date of purchase later than the buying date. this is true for paper warranty. with warranty card on rolex, abit hard, cause the dealers now 'enforce' the date to be on it to be minimum.

as for named, it could be that they prefer to have their name on the paper rather than someone else name. named can still be optional on warranty card.

to me, having it dated is ok. for rolex at least, cause i seldom come across manufacturing defects. but no name on the paper is a must for me. cause i dont like to own a watch with someone else name on it.

as for overseas set, i would expect the price to be lowered compared to sg set. why? simple, buying overseas set means there could be favourable exchange rate and favourable buying price. but more importantly, the tax claimed from the watch.
                  I agree with you! I would pay lower for oversea set as well.

As for the named, I just bought from HG, they enforced the date and name to be written on the card..
                  A ROLEX WILL NEVER CHANGE THE WORLD. WE LEAVE THAT TO THE PEOPLE WHO WEAR THEM..

Comment

Agreed. Came across a few guys who really low-ball, do last minute low-ball bargaining, refused to pay cost of adding additional spare links to watch band(??) , no-show on agreed timing of deal but also made many new friends who share the same passion
                    运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Yeah....great to know new friends and the thought of my newly departed watch going to a good owner oso make my day !

Comment

Yeah....great to know new friends and the thought of my newly departed watch going to a good owner oso make my day !
                        Yes. Shared this feeling few times already . I am often ill-prepared that my watches would be sold that fast, and left with feelings of sourness each time, shortly after the transaction . But (thankfully) knowing who the owners were, it eased off the pain a little, and it got better when a new watch came along the way .
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

hehehe..lucky fellow lar...me cannot get any new pieces liao...account suspensed indefinately...by OC...so can only see my watches going to good homes/owners....at least i am happy to see the watches are in good hands or wrists...hahahahaha

Comment

hehehe..lucky fellow lar...me cannot get any new pieces liao...account suspensed indefinately...by OC...so can only see my watches going to good homes/owners....at least i am happy to see the watches are in good hands or wrists...hahahahaha
                            come come ur laco 55mm....
                            累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

hahahaha..that is for future generation de leh....for the tiny ah beng kia in the future...so in case kana hammered he can use the massive Laco as a weapon...hehehehehehehe...just kidding nia...

Comment

hahahaha..that is for future generation de leh....for the tiny ah beng kia in the future...so in case kana hammered he can use the massive Laco as a weapon...hehehehehehehe...just kidding nia...
                                haha then how bout the red dot,quite like it too.
                                累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X