Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something In Mind For Very Long Already.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something In Mind For Very Long Already.

Notice alot of people in this web like to ask "is it dated"? "is it named"? "can post some pic"? etc. feel that sometime ppl ask for the sake of ask, never really come across of buying the goods. even by saying oversea set still can ask "from where"? actually don't you guy feel that "oversea" is good enough? now is buy watch or buy warrenty? i understand things is not cheap in here but don't pick a bone from an egg cause even with full detail given just got some monkey still got thing to ask one.

But of cause not everyone in here is like that.

only for rolex scenario:

i think when people ask is it dated, it could be that if there is any manufacturing defect, there is a possibility to put the date of purchase later than the buying date. this is true for paper warranty. with warranty card on rolex, abit hard, cause the dealers now 'enforce' the date to be on it to be minimum.

as for named, it could be that they prefer to have their name on the paper rather than someone else name. named can still be optional on warranty card.

to me, having it dated is ok. for rolex at least, cause i seldom come across manufacturing defects. but no name on the paper is a must for me. cause i dont like to own a watch with someone else name on it.

as for overseas set, i would expect the price to be lowered compared to sg set. why? simple, buying overseas set means there could be favourable exchange rate and favourable buying price. but more importantly, the tax claimed from the watch.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by christal View Post
      Notice alot of people in this web like to ask "is it dated"? "is it named"? "can post some pic"? etc. feel that sometime ppl ask for the sake of ask, never really come across of buying the goods. even by saying oversea set still can ask "from where"? actually don't you guy feel that "oversea" is good enough? now is buy watch or buy warrenty? i understand things is not cheap in here but don't pick a bone from an egg cause even with full detail given just got some monkey still got thing to ask one.

But of cause not everyone in here is like that.

I don see anything wrong with asking for a pic.

name and dated questions usually for personal preference. For me, dated doesnt matter, but if the rolex warranty card is named, then loses its appeal to me. In terms of overseas set, some Rolex oversea dealer codes doenst really have nice numbers. e.g. HK sets come with dealer code of 888 which looks quite nice to the chinese. Of cos, theres the issue of exchange rate which will make the watches cheaper when bought from overseas. (as highlighted by Triton above)

In terms of buying the watch or warranty,I feel that most people would like some form of warranty for thousand plus watches. Nothing wrong here. Imagine you buy an AP or Lange which is out of warranty and after using for a month u have to send it in for repairs amounting to thousands. I personally won't take such a risk but of cos, if the watch after factoring such repairs and time and touble is still so so so much cheaper, then maybe its a diff story. (got such lobang should share )

Hence, to summarise, the questions asked are quite subjective to each individual buyer. Having said that, we can't really proof if the person asking for more info is really interested or asking for fun. If you are the seller, you can just ignore if you feel such questions are being asked for fun at the own risk of your item.

On the other hand, monkeys that call people siao or crazy just cos the price is too high for their liking is another story altogether. I think got a few posts by some new forumers recently is like that. I think its pretty uncalled for. But then again, maybe thats how they communicate.
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

I think what TS is trying to say is that these people are asking without the intention to buy and asking for pics for BNIB watches. Interested buyers should already know what a Daytona looks like for example. And if overseas set really bothers them so much, they should walk into local ADs to buy. As for dated and named, I can understand cos I myself dun feel good with a warranty card named John xyz...For dated, I would also want to have the longest possible warranty. Some new old stock are indeed BNIB without warranty.
        1 3 5
        ├┼┼╕
        2 4 6 R

Comment

I think what TS is trying to say is that these people are asking without the intention to buy and asking for pics for BNIB watches. Interested buyers should already know what a Daytona looks like for example. And if overseas set really bothers them so much, they should walk into local ADs to buy.

above is something i try to bring up.

Comment

no intention to buy but still post questions. however, i feel that if these questions are valid, i don't see the reason why not.

as for why asking for pictures, a picture speaks a thousand words. what is the real intention for asking i shall not dwell on it.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

is it dated because if it is undated, may get an extended warranty? a newbie would think so.

is it named so when resell, people still think you are 1st owner and perhaps easier?

if a watch is rated 80%, how bad/good is 80%. a picture tells a thousand words.

usually people like to see pic of certain watches, eg, DJ has flute/w/o flute, different dial type, different bracelet. also not everyone will know the exact model of each watch. I like certain models of rolex, who knows I may get one that is outside the specific model.

although a goggle search may suffice, a newbie may just prefer to the actual watch on sale. also sometimes something may just catch our eyes with pictures.

like NOW i know what exactly Pam000 and 005 is like, 233 after seeing photos i know, but i still like the submersibles and love looking at them on gallery and see whats on sale without exactly noticing the specific models,,,,

unless the seller's intention is only to sell to old birds, then ok.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                only for rolex scenario:

i think when people ask is it dated, it could be that if there is any manufacturing defect, there is a possibility to put the date of purchase later than the buying date. this is true for paper warranty. with warranty card on rolex, abit hard, cause the dealers now 'enforce' the date to be on it to be minimum.

as for named, it could be that they prefer to have their name on the paper rather than someone else name. named can still be optional on warranty card.

to me, having it dated is ok. for rolex at least, cause i seldom come across manufacturing defects. but no name on the paper is a must for me. cause i dont like to own a watch with someone else name on it.

as for overseas set, i would expect the price to be lowered compared to sg set. why? simple, buying overseas set means there could be favourable exchange rate and favourable buying price. but more importantly, the tax claimed from the watch.
                Originally posted by triton View Post
                no intention to buy but still post questions. however, i feel that if these questions are valid, i don't see the reason why not.

as for why asking for pictures, a picture speaks a thousand words. what is the real intention for asking i shall not dwell on it.
                I second this. Why is it bothersome to ask or be asked? IMO, it is natural for people to be curious, and aren't these questions related to the watch/purchase? Pl be mindful that not all here are equally equipped with the same knowledge and experience, and we have to start off somewhere, somehow, right? I think being understanding is important.

Live and let live. I just kena "aeroplane" by someone here on a watch purchase but what to do? Live and let live lor..
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I don't like to put everything about the watch on the thread. Enough so that interest people looking for the watch will want to find out more.

Most times, people ask for a lot on the thread are not really interested to buy.

Asking about date, stamp, name is fine, understandable due to concern if warranty has expired.

Those who are looking for the watch will take time to PM or SMS. For these, I will gladly assist. Plus, people who is willing to meet up to view show real interest. If I were to talk about price nego, I will only talk to this group. Those who post and ask for best price on thread hardly come back even if you say negotiable.

Also, I don't really understand why people will pay more for local set or pay less for overseas set. A BNIB LV is a BNIB LV. If I am willing to pay x dollar for a BNIB LV, I will not pay more for a local set. Wear on wrist cannot see difference, bring to RSC for servicing they also don't care local or overseas set. I don't care how much the seller lose or earn as long as it is the price I am comfortable with. So, I never ask local or overseas set. To me, no difference at all.

These are just my opinion after having bought and sold many times.

Comment

When I was selling a watch couple weeks back, I got an i*iot asking me to sell him a bnib gmt2c v series for a price cheaper than a used one. It seems there are a lot of such time wasting i*iots lurking around recently.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                      I don't like to put everything about the watch on the thread. Enough so that interest people looking for the watch will want to find out more.

Most times, people ask for a lot on the thread are not really interested to buy.

Asking about date, stamp, name is fine, understandable due to concern if warranty has expired.

Those who are looking for the watch will take time to PM or SMS. For these, I will gladly assist. Plus, people who is willing to meet up to view show real interest. If I were to talk about price nego, I will only talk to this group. Those who post and ask for best price on thread hardly come back even if you say negotiable.

Also, I don't really understand why people will pay more for local set or pay less for overseas set. A BNIB LV is a BNIB LV. If I am willing to pay x dollar for a BNIB LV, I will not pay more for a local set. Wear on wrist cannot see difference, bring to RSC for servicing they also don't care local or overseas set. I don't care how much the seller lose or earn as long as it is the price I am comfortable with. So, I never ask local or overseas set. To me, no difference at all.

Agree with you X100!!
                      1 3 5
                      ├┼┼╕
                      2 4 6 R

Comment

Originally posted by Haolian King View Post
                        When I was selling a watch couple weeks back, I got an i*iot asking me to sell him a bnib gmt2c v series for a price cheaper than a used one. It seems there are a lot of such time wasting i*iots lurking around recently.
                        Well bro, get use to it. Its part and parcel of selling over the internet. Well I remember when I was trying to sell a watch last time in this forum. I highlighted NO LOWBALLERS PLS, and guess what? This loser dare to offer me 40% below my asking price, anyways managed to seal the deal on the same day with very minimal negotiation on price. I forgot to get his nickname in this forum, if not I will post his nick, hp no, and his ridiculous offer for all forummers to see. That should do some justice.
                        1 3 5
                        ├┼┼╕
                        2 4 6 R

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post

I also cannot understand the fuss over local or overseas set. Why should a local set fetch more $$ just bcos the owner bought it at a higher price at local AD. Sometimes, really feel like asking..How much more are you willing to pay if its a local set? I am sure nobody would damn away extra $$ for the same watch.
                          1 3 5
                          ├┼┼╕
                          2 4 6 R

Comment

One favourite question... What's your best price? You quote them a price and they dun like what they see, they dun even bother to reply the SMS. What manners!? The problem is not the question asked but the way they handle the reply. Nothing wrong about asking for a better price, I do that too.
                            1 3 5
                            ├┼┼╕
                            2 4 6 R

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
                              I also cannot understand the fuss over local or overseas set. Why should a local set fetch more $$ just bcos the owner bought it at a higher price at local AD. Sometimes, really feel like asking..How much more are you willing to pay if its a local set? I am sure nobody would damn away extra $$ for the same watch.
                              totally agree..now buy watch or warrenty card? wake up please monkeys..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X