What will you do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will you do.

I have been working in my company for 5yrs and 4 months.

I have been with different bosses ( MD ), working under several managers ( 3 Japs and 1 Local ). My performance has been good, hit yearly target, hit exceptionally high incentives. Everytime when there is a notice of change of my manager, I would be rather worried.

There will be a major change this time, the fort will be held by a local. The Jap who has always been going against the MD, will be sent back for good. Current MD has very strange way of handling his man. ( Those with no performance, or threaten to leave the company, he will promote them. )

The local manager holding the fort, is a guy who detest me, perhaps red eye ? I know for sure that if this guy is to be my direct boss, my position will be stagnant, pay increment will be minimum. Hearing from others, rumours I have my own personal business outside which have fallen on my Japanese MD's ear.

If my local manager is going to promote to a Senior Manager, he will pull along with him his COCK sucker Assistant Manager to take over his current position as sales manager. C.Sucker AM has a long history of bearing personal grudges, petty and tends to make things diffcult to those below him.

My company consist of 2 sales team. 1 local sales team, and 1 Jap sales team. Jap MD has intention of disolving the Jap team which the local manager is very happy to hear. So i suppose there are constant OIL, PEPPER, SALT being added to support this idea from local manager.

I understand that the Jap MD wants to hear individual opinions on 3rd August to stick to 2 or change to 1. Even my Jap manager is supportive of 1 team ( Japs come over to relax and just wait for payday, no need shoulder responsibilities ) If I am to clash with them, it would be only me fighting the mass.

2 teams, 1 manager and 3 sales each team.
    Team 1, manager and 1 sales hit target
    Team 2, 2 sales hit target ( myself included)

Local manager mentality :

Reports must be on the dot, report back to office daily, as long as u can suck, he will CUM on u.

Myself :

Reports as long as does not overly late, it is fine. 1 week perhaps 1 time i return to office. My mentality, as long as the cat catches the rat, it does not neccessarily mean it has to sit outside the rat hole everyday.

This is the only excuse I can bring it up during our meeting to try to resist. If you were me, what would you do ?

u are based on sales team, as long u gets the rat,
    nothing u need to afraid of.
    perhaps the fort might push higher demands on sales target each yr.
    2014 March - Rolex Deepsea Seadweller V series MK 1 dial ref: 116660

Comment

there are basic principles or discipline I would like my sales personnel to take. I don't mind they come into office late but not all the time.

I can expect them not to turn up in office sometimes and straight to client's place.

I would prefer to see their face daily, expect no sales drop, inform of any abnormalities/changes in the market and problems they may face in the 1st instance.

If someone is hitting the target, and seeing him once a week, not much of a problem, but when he miss the target or some complains or market changes he does not know, I may have 2nd guess where the salesman gone to,,,,

Comment

Bro, different bosses have diff views/thinkings.

Last time I have 2 local bosses, 1 always wants to see us in the office. He thinks when we not there means we are slacking somewhere. The other 1 hates to see us in the office becos he thinks sales should be out there looking for sales.

I used to be a sales manager with 3 assistants and there is this other sales manager who is a brother-in-law of 1 of the bosses. Every year for 5 years I hit my sales target, 1 to 2 million. He never hit a single time. But his salary is slightly higher than mine. And when I got promoted, he too got promoted.

My point is, life is not always fair. Bro, if u need the job, then u have to adjust. If u really can't stand them or the job, then move on. U have to decide yourself.

Good luck!

Comment

if you have to work under local manager and you do not want to be his fluffer, then best thing is to look to move.
          if your boss is not with you, really pointless to stay on. better to move to a new place (or concentrate on your sideline )
          also, no point fighting the change, you are outgunned.
          "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
          three times is enemy action and
          over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
          ."

Comment

survey was done awhile back to check why people quit their jobs.

money was not even in the top 3 reasons.
            first reason if i am not wrong was poor training and poor work environment.

if you feel you are always wronged and cannot fit in, i would suggest that you take your credentials and seek a better place to work.

might sound easier but it is good to start afresh with a clear head, than to slog on with a heavy heart.

Comment

Interesting to read and this somehow relates to mine. Currently covering Singapore only and my line manager covers 12 other asian countries. Not much space for me to grow cos LM is scared I over perform him. Manage to grow the sales here in Singapore with 200% increase.

Am one who does not hand up sales report on time because to me who gives a **** as long as I hit my target. Don't bother to ask me for weekly activity report cos as long as the company is enjoying the profits from my sales and I am on track who cares...I WAS WRONG!!!!

Actually now I am a cock sucker but I do it on a milder level, I am not a yes man however I have come to realize that in fact my MD had raised option of giving me a regional role but it was my LM that is holding me back... that BUSTARD!!! So toning down myself and being more cooperative, this year he has asked if I wanted to expand my role to other regions.

In my own opinion if you clash with your LM you are F***ed! Why not move your values to another company which can provide you with rewards to your harvest. Staying at where you are is maybe waiting for the Axe to drop on you.

Being in sales we must know when to blend in ... but if you think that you can't suck your LM cock then its time to move on
              Every Rolex tells a story

Comment

Originally posted by NaesHaes View Post
                Interesting to read and this somehow relates to mine. Currently covering Singapore only and my line manager covers 12 other asian countries. Not much space for me to grow cos LM is scared I over perform him. Manage to grow the sales here in Singapore with 200% increase.

Am one who does not hand up sales report on time because to me who gives a **** as long as I hit my target. Don't bother to ask me for weekly activity report cos as long as the company is enjoying the profits from my sales and I am on track who cares...I WAS WRONG!!!!

Actually now I am a cock sucker but I do it on a milder level, I am not a yes man however I have come to realize that in fact my MD had raised option of giving me a regional role but it was my LM that is holding me back... that BUSTARD!!! So toning down myself and being more cooperative, this year he has asked if I wanted to expand my role to other regions.

In my own opinion if you clash with your LM you are F***ed! Why not move your values to another company which can provide you with rewards to your harvest. Staying at where you are is maybe waiting for the Axe to drop on you.

Being in sales we must know when to blend in ... but if you think that you can't suck your LM cock then its time to move on
                +1...
                I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                Audemars Piguet ROO
                Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                Panerai 270
                Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                Rolex 116610LV
                Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

wow what products u sell? how coe so many japs? is it a particular 'S' brand
                  I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Thank you. Practice safety oral

Comment

some thoughts to ponder

1) do you need this job's pay for whatever reasons

2) can you adapt to different system

when you have answers to them, maybe your decision is clearer
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X